Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2003 12:49:14 PM EDT
We all need to do some serious shooting very soon, or our heads might explode.  I spoke w/Devil's Advocate recently and he mentioned trying to go up to the Princeton Range (the same place where the MG Gun Shoot was held).  I and others will be available again this weekend for a good time at the range, and I bet with advance notice, we could get at least a dozen guys with guns up there.

DA, what do you think?  Can you or someone else with some pull on this board get something set up?

I want to get all tactical and stuff!!

Edited to change Subject Title, Sorry MC!  Want to add to this threat so it's not a "Duplicate" and gets deleted.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 4:39:00 AM EDT
[#1]
D/A, I think that you're going to have to call up here from Arizona each time we want to setup a new shoot.  It seems to me that when I call the guy there that he tells me the range is full for training classes, etc...  Of course I don't call him often though...

You know the guy a LOT better than I do, and he seems to be nicer with meeting your needs.  Sunday sounds like it'd work fine for me if you can't make it on Saturday buddy!
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:44:45 AM EDT
[#2]
someone email me the info....I will see what I can do.

E
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Sunday sometime!

We can just go out to the desert and (*&&^(^%(&^%*(^59

Wrong state. shit.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:18:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry DA/E!  Deserts are BIG, and I don't think I could find my way around...  Been to death valley as a kid, and I wouldn't know where to find the gun range...  

If you've called K. Sanford at the Princeton range, what did he say about this sunday?  I'm pretty sure sunday is ok for most or all of us.

Also, you've changed your email from the old AOL account you had, AR15.com.I.M. me your new one so I can keep in touch!  Thanks Buddy!

-inuhbad/M
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd also prefer Sunday the 10th.  Got a full day planned for Saturday.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I would really love to go to a MN shoot sometime in my lifetime. But, I wont be able to at least for a few more years untill I turn 18 and will be able to bring my own guns and stuff. My dad definatley isn't going to take me to anything like that, so I will have to wait a few years.

Anyway. Untill then, I hope you guys have a whole lot of fun.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I would really love to go to a MN shoot sometime in my lifetime.

Me too!  But I guess it's not looking good for this weekend.  I'm available Sunday if there's anyplace around we can shoot...
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would really love to go to a MN shoot sometime in my lifetime.

Me too!  But I guess it's not looking good for this weekend.  I'm available Sunday if there's anyplace around we can shoot...

Ditto what he said!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Take over Armored Fire?
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:27:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Might have to do that!
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:53:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Take over Armored Fire?

I'll be at Armored Fire at 1pm on Sunday if anyone wants to join me.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:06:51 AM EDT
[#14]
[kurt russel-Tombstone]...I'LL BE THERE!!![/kurt russel-Tombstone]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:15:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Done deal.

Too bad they dont have a 600 yard range =(
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:33:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll be there if I stick around town this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:41:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey DA, what's wrong with Armored Fire???    Your scope's elevation can't compensate for such a short distance???    Sheesh, if I had that much $$ to throw into a good one-hole shooter like yours, I'd at least HOPE it can shoot at closer distances too...  

Just raggin' on ya E!  Sorry...  Glad I'll see you guys there at AF!  So, are you guys going to do the video shoot too?  I might have to go to the funshow to pick up some ammo too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll see if I can get a babysitter. I would really like to meet you all. Now what do I bring? I was thinking the Bushmaster 25th Ann. and M1A Scout, as well as a couple HK and Kimber handguns. Hopefully I can make it!
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'll see if I can get a babysitter. I would really like to meet you all. Now what do I bring? I was thinking the Bushmaster 25th Ann. and M1A Scout, as well as a couple HK and Kimber handguns. Hopefully I can make it!

[Immature Youthful Exhuberance]  DUDE!    I HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT TOO!!!  Let ME try...  Let ME try...    [/Immature Youthful Exhuberance]  
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:27:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I need to ask some of you AR builders what to do with a free floating handguard.  So I hope any of you are familiar with that stuff.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I need to ask some of you AR builders what to do with a free floating handguard.  So I hope any of you are familiar with that stuff.

One of us will probably buy it from you...
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:02:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Ahh its not for sale,  its a question on how da fuck to take it off and install a rail for a vertical grip.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:45:13 AM EDT
[#23]
WTF do you want a VERTICAL GRIP for?  Are you one of those TACTICAL CRAPTICAL WANNABE's or something?

J/K Buddy!  I might run into you at the funshow this morning.  I'm heading over there at 9 AM sharp.  If I don't see any ARFCOMMERS there I'll be at Armored Fire tomorrow at 1 PM.  Hope to see some of you this weekend.

Link Posted: 8/9/2003 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#24]
I am having some trouble finding someone to watch my son on Sunday. There is still hope, but so far not looking good. Another couple years and my boy could with. I may head out there today to break in my new Kimber RCP. inuh, sorry to say I traded my USP45F in on the new Kimber. Now that I have been carrying for a little while I realized I needed something smaller for somedays. I liked the USP but never fell in love with it like I did my Springfields or Kimbers. If I get the chance to go Sunday I will bring both my Kimbers(TLE&RCP), and the Scout for you to try. You bringing the Mossy?
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Yup!  I'll be bringing my mossberg, my Bersa 380 (quite nice for a cheap little bargain shooter), and my 10/22.  I'm leaving my AR15 at home here for my father to shoot in his spare time.

I got back from the gunshow this morning, and managed to get some REALLY good deals from the nice guys at the DPMS table!!!  I got a Harris Bipod (S Series, L Model?)  It's like the normal Harris 9 to 13 (IIRC), but it swivels side to side for adjusting cant for uneven terrain!  They knocked a LOT of money off the cost of that thing too!!!  I got the adapter for it, a tactical sling, and also some lighter trigger springs to lighten trigger pull.

I went out shooting down here in central MN on some family land (relatives own it), and sure enough, the spring worked wonders, the bipod is fantastic, and the tactical sling is quite comfortable!!!  I love the way my AR15 is setup, and it's now what I'd call "Finished".  Now I have to work on a 16" lightweight, but I think I'll get a cheap SAR-1 plinker first.

Quinlan, I believe that a good Kimber 1911 beats a USP any day, but that's my opinion.  I like the grip, the grip angle, the location of its controls, etc...  Pretty much everything about 1911A1's!

If you can't go, I'm sure we'll all be able to arrange another shoot (probably a BIGGER) one sometime in the future though.

I gotta take a shower now, I spilled Hoppes #9 Semi-Auto all over me & I reek (though kind of pleasantly like guns).
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Not sure If I can make it to the shoot tomorrow...I have a nasty cold and I need to be able to work on Monday.  I'll know more in the morning.
Inuh, sorry about not getting to you sooner this AM. I did go to the show, but saw nobody there that I knew except Sully.

We will definitely get a BIG shoot together in the near future.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#27]
No luck finding a babysitter. I did stop by with my son to watch you guys for a few minutes. Looked like you were having fun. My boy was quick to point out the full auto UZI a couple lanes down. He also likes to look at the Barret in the shop. Hopefully I can make the next shoot.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I saw you there!  Great looking son you've got there Quinlan!  It'll be good when he's 12 so he can take the MN DNR safety course & shoot with us all there @ Armored Fire.  If I'd have known that was you I'd have come out & met you!

Quick question:  Have you been drilling your son on firearm safety & How old is he?

I ask because I'd be willing to bet that if we get together for another outdoor shoot at the Princeton range, I'm almost certain that he'd be able to join us for shooting there even without the safety certification.  As long as you're there coaching him through every minute with undying attention I'd bet nobody would have a problem with him trying some of the toys people bring.

We sure did have a great time shooting there today though!  I got to cram 13 Aguila Mini-Slugs into my Mossberg shotgun and pump a bunch of those into the target quite nicely (considering I've never owned a shotgun until recently).

We got to see mcnielsen burn through 100 rounds in his Beta-C Mag, FedGunner blasing away with his Mossberg & ShotgunCandy (LE Tactical Slugs), 5 AR15s to choose from (My brother & Father will be taking mine to my bro's police qualification shoot so I didn't have mine with today), I was more than content with my 10/22...  A good time was had by all!

DA/E, sorry you couldn't make it to today's shoot.  I didn't know you moved back in town, I thought you were just back visiting family!!!  Glad to have you back here!  We should go out & get some beers sometime soon!  Hope you're feeling better too!  You missed out on a good time!

Great seeing you three again, FedGunner, Jakezor, & Mcnielsen!  I had a great time!  It was certainly a great time I had today!  I had to go blabbing to my parents about it when I got home!

I wish my grip panels didn't loosen on me today, but thanks for letting me tighten them with your Locktite (FedGunner), and your Leatherman (mcnielsen)!  I had a blast today!  Too bad more shooters couldn't make it!

I'm quite happy with the progress I've made with becoming a more accurate handgun shooter!  FedGunner's good at getting me addicted to new shooting types (First 380's, now shotguns)...

I didn't go to a bar afterwards like I thought I would, I just bought a 12 pack & had two & will just sit & veg out & watch a movie tonight.  Have a great week guys & I'll see you online!
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Yup,  much copper and lead were thrown down range today.

Man Inuh,  you were going like a bat out of hell down 35W...

Oh and guys the website is www.zainobros.com for the best (IMO) car polish.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 5:12:29 PM EDT
[#30]
 COOL about the ZAINO'S!!!  If you order more than $25.00 you get a FREE MAXI PAD for your GF!  

j/k

I think mcnielsen is the only ARFCOM member who comes close to being able to keep up with my driving...    My 3.8L V6 really flies with my pimp car!  I have no idea how fast I drive, because the Speedometer only goes to 85 mph.

I counted 230 rds fired through my guns.  Add 30 through mcnielsen's AR, and 20 through Jakezor's AR, I squeezed off a few rds today!

150-380ACP rds
40-12 Ga Minislugs
40-.22 LR rds
-------
230 rds + 50 rds (through others' guns) = 280 rds fired today.

Edited to add:  I didn't fire ALL of the above mentioned ammo, but most...  You see!  College Edjumicayshun teech's mi to COWNT!  (Butt knot hou two schpel...)
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#31]
My son has a Chipmunk .22 single shot and a Red Rider BB gun. He has been thoroughly trained in firearms safety, and gets constant reminders from dad (occasional weekend shoots at grandpa’s house). I have watched him play with wooden toy guns he made with his grandpa. When playing SWAT and things of that nature he watches his muzzle and keeps his finger out of the trigger guard. He turned 8 last Feb. I told him there was a chance that he could shoot an AR like you guys and there was an outburst of joy to say the least. Smart, responsible, inquisitive, ethical, he is the greatest person I have ever known. End proud father rant.
I thought I saw some short shotgun shells on the range floor. How do those min-slugs shoot?  I did get some time in at Armored Fire on Saturday. My new Kimber RCP needed breaking in. After 200 rounds of 230grain ball, 40 rounds of 230grain Hydroshocks, and 20 rounds of 185 grain Golden Saber +P, I was content. Of course I was more broken in than the Kimber (smallest, lightest 45 auto made +260 rounds of hot ammo = pain and chafing). The +p stuff really stung.  No malfunctions of any kind though, and I got a good feel for shooting a handgun without sights (just a small groove on the top of the slide). My grip panels also came loose. It’s time for the Loctite.
I will miss the USP for it’s unwavering reliability, but both Kimbers have proven themselves. The 1911 just feels right in every way.
Glad you all had fun, hope I can make it next time. My wife works and goes to school full time. However, with some advanced notice I could find someone to take care of the kid or bring him along, depending on the situation. I can’t wait for you guys to try the M1A scout!  Take care and be safe!
Quin
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#32]
It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I wish I could have gone.

I am also interested in how those mini shells work in full sized shotguns.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#33]
They were really easy on the sholder,  but in Inuh's shotgun you needed to work the action fast lest they shift and not feed correctly.

I could have made chase Inuh, but I normally don't drive that fast on short trips, especially when I have no where important to be.  Like the bar or something.

Of and if your GF uses those applicator pads for maxis...  Be out of the area for that week or so!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top