User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2003 6:51:09 PM EDT
thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:04:17 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/map/map_main.asp
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#2]
funny, i just got more sportsmans guide spam mail.

For a year I was in the "club".
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:38:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Be Careful Fellow ARFCOM Friend...  If you're going to their South St Paul store front beware that their service employees are QUITE RUDE.

I no longer shop there, and STILL get my purchases shipped to me because:

Their storefront doesn't have NEAR as much gear as their website, and you might not find what you're looking for there.  They won't get what you want from their warehouse on the other end of the building either...

If you intend to purchase ammunition from them at their storefront, BEWARE.  They DO NOT sell ammunition at their website prices there.  They told me that in order to get the website price for Federal American Eagle 223 (at the time on sale for $123/1000rds) that I'd need to print out the website page stating that, and bring it in.  So I drove down there (kind of far for me), only to hear this, drove home, printed the page, and came all the way back.  This time around it was a different service clerk as the previous one went home...    I have to deal with a new idiot.  I had politely explained to the new idiot what I had been told by the prior idiot...  The new idiot WOULD NOT let me purchase the ammunition (which was already on the counter right in front of me) at the website sale price!!!  Then this idiot has the balls to tell me, "But if you want you can buy this ammunition for our normal price of $245"  WTF!?    FOR AMERICAN EAGLE 223!!!

Needless to say with these idiots who know pretty much nothing about the products they're selling, and with the level of service I get there I'll stick with buying at the website & shipping it 15 miles to my APT...  Then I don't have to deal with their unparamounted levels of idiocy.

Gotta run to work now...  Another grave to dig today.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:20:23 AM EDT
[#4]

If you're going to their South St Paul store front beware that their service employees are QUITE RUDE.

You are 100% right.  That gray haired, bearded  guy behind the counter in the northeast corner of the store is the worst.  Whenever I ask for something from the catalog that "fine fellow" always makes it a point to tell me that the SSP store is an outlet store only & that they supposedly don't necessarily stock all of the items in the catalog.  I was trying to buy SA ammo from that store to save on the shipping charges & he said that they didn't have any in stock even though the website indicated that they did.

I had to phone in a catalog order.  The return address was Fridley, so I suppose that guy could be right.

The Hispanic guy, manager(?), is real rude, too.  If you can speak Spanish you are all right!  Other than him the other Hispanic workers just ignore you as best they can.

How about them being closed on Sundays & Mondays for the last year or so?  More great customer service.

That Gary Olen has done a great job of mass marketing & has really grown the company in the last few years.  Apparently he hasn't mastered the fine art of one-on-one customer service.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That gray haired, bearded guy

I agree 100% and would like to add that somebody ought to kick this jerk in the nutz!

Disclaimer: Do not literally do this, I am not advocating that anyone assault him in any way...

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Gary hasn't owned the company for years.  sold out to an investment group.  He still does the marketing for SG though, that's why you still see his face plastered all over the catalogs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top