Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2003 3:38:24 AM EDT
Money well spent. Sully and Andy both made the rounds and provided good instruction that lead to quick improvement. I still need a lot of practice but their techniques were backed up with results. I learned a number of things but the method of proper grip impressed me the most.
I'll definately go back for other training.

Things I noticed which may be of interest:

It was dry last weekend but I think it could get muddy. I wore boots and wish I wouldn't have due to the heat. Next time I'll bring shoes too.

You don't need a cover garment. Tuck your shirt in and get it out of the way.

50 rounds loaded and ready to go is nice for qualifying, if you can swing it.

It's a long day with no down time. Our class was split into two sections, one group shot while the other reloaded. Bring a chair for reload time.

It's also important to note that this was a professional operation. There were shooters with different skill levels and all were welcome. Nobody was left out.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:45:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Ratus, were you there on the 13th? I also took the class last week. I must say it was fantastic. I have a lot of practicing to do. Everything covered made sense and improved our abilities, and you could see it on the targets at the end of the day. Andy and Sully were both great. This is a class I can't recommend enough.
I will definitely be taking more classes with them. Thank you Sully.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I was wondering...

How many reload mags are needed for this course?

If my mags only hold 7 rounds each, will 3 mags suffice, or will I need more? (3x7=21rds loaded)

The general consensus indicates this is a great course to take for CCW, and for general handgun proficiency improvement...    Sounds like I'd like it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:48:25 AM EDT
[#3]
3 will work fine....At one point I was using 7 (4 were loaners) but that was more because of a cold rain than a course driven need. Mrs Fedgunner had three 5 rounders and was given ample opportunity to reload as needed
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:16:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:20:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Just so everyone knows... Fitz is a target of opportunity. He is VERY good. He is on your side, period. Andy is the picture of confidence. You watch and learn. Sully is... well Sully. He knows his shit. won't kid you, and wants you to succeed. I can't say enough about the staff.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top