Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2003 8:01:08 AM EDT
My wife and I took the Level 1 course yesterday. The day started in the middle of the night, 8:00 AM, with bright sunny skies, gentle wind and an interesting presentation on lethal force, common sense and Minnesota law.

We then progressed to range safety and presentation. Good enough, Sully, Fitz and Andrew were there coaching and encouraging the untrained as well as helping those, like me, that had to unlearn more than a couple bad habits.

The next couple hours were spent in the pouring rain. Even with the sudden change in weather I still managed to stay interested and involved. As I looked down the firing line I could tell the others in my group felt the same way. There was a lot of individual attention and it showed on the targets. Many folks started by spraying rounds all over the target, and by the end of the day brought them all into the "kill zone" (Lowest score of the entire group was 92%)

At the end of the day, after qualifying, were given some training "samples" from the level II course. This was great fun as well as educational.

If you are interested in "just enough class to get the permit" this is not for you. That said, if you wish honest instruction and refine your technique, this is the course for you.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I give this course an unqualified 10.
(The East German judge tried to  give it a 9.7... I'm not telling you where the body is.)

They are offering a carbine course... looking at finances, but so far looks like a go.

They are offering a Tactical shotgun course. I'm there!

My thanks again to Sully, Fitz, and Andrew.

(Edited to add: The Mrs Fedgunner got out of bed and asked me if I had given any thought to us taking Level II and Level III classes....LIFE IS GOOD!)
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the report FedGunner. Considering the weather they must of had one hell of a course to keep you interested.

Did you need any gear other than eyes, ears, a holster & mag carrier?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Your lunch and keep a weather eye..... If I had known, I would have packed a rain suit. ::laughing::

Oh... and a personal thing learned. As it was off hours for me (I work second shift)I didn't eat before I got there. Never felt hungry but I noticed I was shaking like it was 20 below. Ate lunch and the shakes were gone within 10 minutes. Something to think about.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Eating is important isn't it. You don't happen to know if there are food joints near by for an early breakfast? I've never been to Princeton & don't want to eat at 5:00, I'd never make it.

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:47:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Sully, that's what I needed.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I just returned from Princeton!  I was impressed to say the least.  I have only one regret, should have brought my boots and not tennis shoes!  I learned allot and have much to practice on! Thank you Sully!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top