Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2003 11:22:32 AM EDT
Hello...

Sounds like there is a gun show this weekend at the Anoka Armory on 408 East Main Street, Anoka.  Has anyone been to this show in the past?  I'm looking for a Bulgarian Makarov, and a FEG GKK-45 and hope to find them this weekend.  I just hope my purchase permit arrives in the mail in time!
Also, what are your thoughts on handgun caliber?  Part of me says to go with a .40 S&W, but part of me says a .45 acp.  Any advice?

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#1]
This is a pretty good show.  you should check out the MG shoot a little further north in Princeton that weekend.  I may stop by the show before or after that to look around.

When it comes to caliber, you should try shooting a couple of different types before you decide.  I really like .40 SW, but some of my favorite guns are 9mm.  It depends on the individual gun, too, and what you plan on using it for.  

I know you're rather new to the board, but the motto here is:  "get both!"

welcome!

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh believe me, I do.  I plan to get two guns, but not sure if I should get a .45 or .40.  Guess I'll look around this weekend and pick the one that fits the best.  I'm really interested in the hungarian made FEG pistols.  I've done some reading and have spoken to many different people at area gun shops and it sounds like they are great quality at a good price.  Why pay $500 for a new pistol when you can get a NEW FEG for about $225?

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#3]
LIBERALS....

Can't live with em.... can't kill em!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#4]
neutom72.....why pay $500 for a new pistol when you can buy a FEG for $225????????...you have to be kidding.........
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Why pay $500 for a new pistol when you can get a NEW FEG for about $225?

Trust me,.. w/ guns,..you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#6]
From what I've seen and heard, the FEG line of pistols are made really well and are durable.  The reason they're cheap is because they're made in Hungary for military use.  They produce weapons for many different militaries in Europe.  Can't beat the FEG GKK-45C for around $225.00.  It's on the webiste for Southern Ohio Gun International.  Check em out... pretty nice.  They make a 9mm, a .40 S&W, and a .45 acp.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#7]
buy a FEG for $225 and after reality sets-in and you want to get rid of it ....$100
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:11:43 PM EDT
[#8]
We'll be set up at both the Anoka Show and the Machine Gun Shoot.  Hit em both and get the best of both worlds!  We'll be renting out the .50 also.  You guys might remember us from last year.  Thanks to Eric, we were the guys that had the AR-50 under the pavilion, blowing everyones paper all over the place!  
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 12:20:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why pay $500 for a new pistol when you can get a NEW FEG for about $225?

Trust me,.. w/ guns,..you get what you pay for.

I wouldn't be too sure about that Beerjager.  I'm REALLY liking my Bersa 380, and it has only jammed THRICE.  Twice on crappy Winchester White-box, and once on PMC dirt-ammo...  It eats federal Hydroshocks, and Federal clean-ammo like it's candy to a toddler.  For only $230, I DEFINITELY got a GREAT deal!  I recently snuck out to Armored fire, and put all the rounds of my handgun through the target's head (4 magazines) and only missed 2 shots @ 10 yards.  I'm quite satisfied with this gun's track record so far.  Especially for the price.

I, too, was looking at the FEG PA-63 for a potential purchase, but decided on the Bersa for its functionality, availability of 380 ammunition, and maintenance concerns.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 10:55:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Trinity5...look foward to seeing you at the machine gun shoot.  I have been meaning to stop by one of the shows lately and saw hi, but have been so busy lately!

Adam
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#11]
The anoka gun show was crap......mnblaster and I drove to Anoka and the show there was crap, and the same people there were the same here in the cities at the other armory shows ......and their tables were just about in the same place they are at the other gun shows.....unreal...although the blaster almost bought a 870 with a mag extension for home defense.....on the way back down Main st. we saw a store named the sportsman's warehouse, now, this was a really good store......I bought 2 pounds of IMR 4895 powder and the blaster bought a brick of 22 LR ammo........lots of guns, ammo, and reloading stuff there.......
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree 100%!  I was really disapointed with how few handguns were there.  LOTZ of long guns, and LOTZ of gun toting rednecks.  LOL No offense.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#13]
the anoka gun show was a perfect example of the same dealers toting the same over-priced guns from show to show, there were just as many knives as guns!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#14]
    Ya.. I also noticed how expensive the guns were.  Seems everyone is taking advantage of the new concealed carry law taking effect May 28th.  I was looking for a FEG P9M pistol which I can get new for $199.95 on the Internet, and I saw one USED for $325.00!!  How sad!
    Finally made up my mind today what handgun to buy.  I had been reading postings on www.1911forum.com and saw GREAT reviews of the ARCUS pistols.  I can't make up my mind whether to get the standard or compact, so I'm going to get both.  After seeing how gun prices are being over-inflated, guess I'll use one for concealed carry, and the other at home.

Happy and SAFE shooting!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
We'll be set up at both the Anoka Show and the Machine Gun Shoot.  Hit em both and get the best of both worlds!  We'll be renting out the .50 also.  You guys might remember us from last year.  Thanks to Eric, we were the guys that had the AR-50 under the pavilion, blowing everyones paper all over the place!  

When people go to an MG shoot, they should expect (and enjoy) a little noise and backblast from time-to-time. I say give them NO WARNING the next time!

Also, I hate to say it, but the "small" gunshows down here are WAY bigger than than a "large" shows up there.

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Eric!

Ya fookin piker... How be ye?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top