Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2021 2:23:51 PM EDT
The unacceptable behavior of King Andy continues.

Recall we didnt hear any sort of condemnation rhetoric when people prot sted Bevin, or when Antifa/BLM were burning down cities. But here we have the gov calling armed visitors to the state Capital "domestic terrorists". Kentuckians have enjoyed the right to visit the capital armed for over 100 years. There have been many rallies/protests on the grounds where folks were armed. It has never been an issue to go inside armed and meet with any representative.

I recall reading the governor stating something similar when asked about pending protests post 1/6/21 where he said he didnt want to give out the game plan. Seems to me he meant it to apply to all conservative protesters.

"I don't want to give these domestic terrorists our gameplan," he said. "We'll be ready."

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:37:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I said it before and I'll say it again- EVERYTHING that we needed to know about him, you should have learned when he was the State AG... Tyranical, controlling, scheming, egotistical. I could go on, but, y'all should know by now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I said it before and I'll say it again- EVERYTHING that we needed to know about him, you should have learned when he was the State AG... Tyranical, controlling, scheming, egotistical. I could go on, but, y'all should know by now.
View Quote

The right to carry firearms at our Capitol may be in jeopardy. There has been no decision made, yet but discussions about changing that policy are underway now. Nothing would please Little Andy and the other democats more than sticking their fingers in the eye of Ky.'s gun owners. I too know all I need to know about Andy. I could not dislike him any more than I did 5 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:02:07 PM EDT
[#3]
The one term governor... We better hope we get a good candidate to replace him...
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I can think of a very good one.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I can think of a very good one.
View Quote

Are you going to say what you're thinking?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:49:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

No. It's premature. They may have other plans, but there are several legislators that might want to live on the Capitol grounds. Remember Robert Goforth challenged Bevin in the Governor's primary 6 years ago. There are several others.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No. It's premature. They may have other plans, but there are several legislators that might want to live on the Capitol grounds. Remember Robert Goforth challenged Bevin in the Governor's primary 6 years ago. There are several others.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can think of several legislators as well that fit the profile.  About 1/2 of them would be "ok".  About 1/4 would be a wreck.  The other 2 or 3 would be liberty-minded homeruns that would place KY in the same ranks as SD.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I’d like to see Massie quit the house gig and run for governor.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I’d like to see Massie quit the house gig and run for governor.
View Quote

God no, I want to see him replace Mitch.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#10]
^^^THIS
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:58:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Not many people want to give up a US gov. job for a state of Ky. paycheck. I suspect Massie will stay put until Mitch retires.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:31:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Based on how Mitch has acted for the last 2.5 months, I hope this is his last term.
I cannot imagine anyone I would rather see replace him than Massie.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Based on how Mitch has acted for the last 2.5 months, I hope this is his last term.
I cannot imagine anyone I would rather see replace him than Massie.
View Quote

The man is 78 years old and last November he was elected to a six-year term. I think it is reasonable to assume that, one way or the other, this might be his last term(if he can finish it). A better question might be, can Massie be re-elected (twice) to his present office in the next five years? Will Massie be interested in any political office five years from now and will any of us care who our Senator is then? Things are changing very quickly and five years is a long time. Who knows what lies ahead for any of us?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top