Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/6/2021 11:09:41 PM EDT
Crazy times, may be time to meet up? Grill out? Shoot the shit? Wish more people visited these. I'm from GA originally, outside Louisville metro now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 11:41:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Agree     need organization
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:33:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Agree     need organization
View Quote

Well hope this will gain traction.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:44:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you really think this is a good time for meetings of any type?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 2:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, we need to be meeting like minded people.

For some reason it has not been successful lately, but that needs to change.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:58:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am truly curious... why do you seem to think we should not have meetings of any kind? Have we suspended the constitution?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:00:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:53:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm in.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#8]
In. May have to work on dates due to making road trips for work.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

+1
View Quote

+2
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Alright. Fuck...anybody have any ideas where to meet?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I’m in.

I’m in Loserville with at least 4 other Arfcommers that I know about...
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:10:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll be back to Lex in a couple months

Can't wait to be out of this liberal hell hole
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:34:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Maybe we could meet at Brewed in Lexington?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:27:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Maybe we could meet at Brewed in Lexington?
View Quote

Good call.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:04:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I am truly curious... why do you seem to think we should not have meetings of any kind? Have we suspended the constitution?
View Quote

Covid 19. I don't want it. You may think yourself immune, and I hope you are. I don't think I am immune. I am not going to any meeting until this is over.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:43:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Covid 19. I don't want it. You may think yourself immune, and I hope you are. I don't think I am immune. I am not going to any meeting until this is over.
View Quote

You actually think it'll ever be over?

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually my wife and I just got over the dreaded China Flu so I am immune for the next 4 to 6 months. Further, if you don't have any other comorbidity issues (like a heart condition), it is unlikely to be anything more than a weak case of the normal flu.

However you be you and I'll be me. Unlike our lovely elected officials, I will not claim to know what heath options are best for you.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Delete.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Neato.

Now, for the patriots who are a bit more concerned about the future course of our state and our country than getting the beer flu, how about next Saturday the 16th? If it seems OK I'll make an event thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neato.

Now, for the patriots who are a bit more concerned about the future course of our state and our country than getting the beer flu, how about next Saturday the 16th? If it seems OK I'll make an event thread.

I would suggest you check yourself.  Of anyone on this board that has done the most to preserve and expand our gun rights here, it is softpoint.  He is also in the high risk group for Covid.  Attacking him and saying he isn't concerned is out of line.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I would suggest you check yourself.  Of anyone on this board that has done the most to preserve and expand our gun rights here, it is softpoint.  He is also in the high risk group for Covid.  Attacking him and saying he isn't concerned is out of line.
View Quote

Don't derail this thread.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Don't derail this thread.
View Quote

Take back your personal attack or you might get this thread locked. This isn't GD, the mods generally take HTF and Armory sections a little more seriously.

Past that, on topic, the 16th sounds doable.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:48:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Take back your personal attack or you might get this thread locked. This isn't GD, the mods generally take HTF and Armory sections a little more seriously.

View Quote

I have retracted the post.

However, with all due respect, if he is suggesting that fear of COVID-19 should outweigh people organizing and meeting in response to events happening in our country, then I will strongly and passionately disagree with him regardless of whatever standing or past history he may have. He is more than welcome to say that he personally will not attend due to him being in a high risk category, but instead he suggested that no one should be meeting right now, which I strongly reject.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Well this thread is fun.

I am in Louisville.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

However, with all due respect, if he is suggesting that fear of COVID-19 should outweigh people organizing and meeting in response to events happening in our country, then I will strongly and passionately disagree with him regardless of whatever standing or past history he may have. He is more than welcome to say that he personally will not attend due to him being in a high risk category, but instead he suggested that no one should be meeting right now, which I strongly reject.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He didn't suggest that everyone stay home because of covid.  He said he would be staying home. "I don't think I am immune. I am not going to any meeting until this is over."  That makes it pretty clear he is only talking about himself.

Perhaps if you had actually met him or were even were aware of what he has done for the state you might have taken a softer approach to his statement.  You could have met him last year at the multiple hearings about Constitutional Carry.  If you watched the live stream of the Senate committee on Constitutional Carry then you watched him testify in favor of it.  If you attended any of the 2nd Amendment rallies at the capitol last year you could have met him in person while he was manning the Kentucky Concealed Carry Coalition booth.  

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He didn't suggest that everyone stay home because of covid.  He said he would be staying home. "I don't think I am immune. I am not going to any meeting until this is over."  That makes it pretty clear he is only talking about himself.

Perhaps if you had actually met him or were even were aware of what he has done for the state you might have taken a softer approach to his statement.  You could have met him last year at the multiple hearings about Constitutional Carry.  If you watched the live stream of the Senate committee on Constitutional Carry then you watched him testify in favor of it.  If you attended any of the 2nd Amendment rallies at the capitol last year you could have met him in person while he was manning the Kentucky Concealed Carry Coalition booth.  

View Quote

Had a response but I deleted it.

Haven't met him, but I've met you...at a rally. Maybe you don't remember.

I've been to some other rallies as well, so you are welcome to drop whatever insinuation you were trying to make.

I'm dropping this now, I'm sure softpoint doesn't need you to white knight for him.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I've been to some other rallies as well, so you are welcome to drop whatever insinuation you were trying to make.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330760/IMG_0303s-1769868.jpg

I'm dropping this now, I'm sure softpoint doesn't need you to white knight for him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330760/IMG_0303s-1769868.jpg

I wasn't insinuating anything, I openly said what I meant.  Of everyone on this board softpoint has done the most for our rights here than anyone else.  That isn't white knighting him, that is me trying to inject real information into the conversation.  People that give up their time to run a pro-gun organization or to lobby/testify at the capitol have earned my respect.  That stand true even if I disagree with some of the things they say.  

There is always going to be some level of disagreement or difference of opinion when it comes to any type of group.  Debate is a good thing when done in a respectful manner.  It increases communication and helps to formulate better ideas.  The respectful part is what is hard, especially right now as emotions are high due to how the elections turned out.  

Even though people may disagree at times I ask that people try to stay respectful during the debate/disagreement as at the end of the day we are all on the same side and fighting for the same general goal.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:36:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Im game. Maybe Softpoint can join us virtually
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Oboro BG area.

Some of you are familiar names.

PM me if you want a discord link
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#30]
I’d be in for some kind of meet. In Louisville but don’t mind a drive.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I’m in.

I’m in Loserville with at least 4 other Arfcommers that I know about...
View Quote

+1 more for Louisville...
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Any thought for a state-wide meeting at Knob Creek during MG shoot if it happens?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Yeah, I *should* be back in time for the 16th. Brewed sounds like a good place to meet at, vs my shop. Crowd of people hanging out in a Surplus Store... yeah, *that's* gonna hit the radar pretty hard. Not I GAF about it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Actually my wife and I just got over the dreaded China Flu so I am immune for the next 4 to 6 months. Further, if you don't have any other comorbidity issues (like a heart condition), it is unlikely to be anything more than a weak case of the normal flu.

However you be you and I'll be me. Unlike our lovely elected officials, I will not claim to know what heath options are best for you.
View Quote

I an truly glad to hear that you and your wife are now well and can now do as you please. I have had COPD for 15 years and will be 77 years old next month. I might not have the same outcome as you and your wife. I need to exercise a little more caution than some others. In my home county 1 of every 15 people has tested positive and 1 in every 1600 has died. This isn't over. Good luck to us all.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 6:04:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Maybe we should split up into regions.

Louisville guys can't realistically be expected to accommodate meetups with guys from east or west Ky.

I'm in Richmond, about 2 miles from Fayette Co.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#36]
I’m east of Lexington, but count me in for a meeting at Brewed. An hour drive is small inconvenience considering the times we’re facing.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#37]
I started a thread for next Saturday at Brewed.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:45:43 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm just across the river, and am originally from Louisville, that being said here is what we are doing in Indiana. Get to know your fellow patriots/gun owners.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/hometown/Fellow-Hoosiers-we-need-to-meet/30-649206/&page=2
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Glad to see we are not alone. Ideally every region should be setting something like this up. I figure that was the plan when Ben set up the APC but right now we just need to focus on increasing our offline networking. Not everybody wants to go marching with heavy bags it seems.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think I understand what you mean; but if not now, when?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:55:49 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm in Jefferson county.
I know quite a few arfcommers here; shot with many of you.

I've had the Shanghai Shivers back in October, got the anti-bodies verified.
I'm good with meeting up. I know a place where we can get together, outside, shoot guns and talk.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Any thought for a state-wide meeting at Knob Creek during MG shoot if it happens?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/107642/knob_jpg-1771265.JPG

View Quote

The April MG shoot at KCR is planned to be open as usual.
KCR will make a Go  or NoGo call on the last day of February and contact vendors.
Just some insider info.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#43]
I live in eastern Kentucky if anyone wants to get together.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

well, dont come to any if you think it is a bad idea.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

im very NE
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:57:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Near the Hardinsburg area. Going to try to make it to brewed this Saturday though it'll be a drive. Looking forward to meeting some of you degenerates
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Tag.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#48]
you cant get any KY  member to do anything  unless its show up at knob creek to shoot up other people's ammo and MGs for free

I used to invite members to pike county every year for shooting on a strip job that would let you do anything  you wanted. I'd even buy food.

couldn't get 5 people to show up with 3 months in advance planning
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I live about 20 minutes from Pikesville

you can forget anyone else wanting to meet up unless you drive to them in the Lexington or Louisville area
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I live about 20 minutes from Pikesville

you can forget anyone else wanting to meet up unless you drive to them in the Lexington or Louisville area
View Quote

Wife has family about 30min from Pikeville, I'll see if she can think of anyone who would want to join but from my gathering through observation folks out there are a solitary bunch unless they've known ya for a while
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top