Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2020 3:38:38 PM EDT
Iv been wanting to try and meet a few more local people, im home all the time and dont get out much, so arfcom is my main outlet. i figured id ask here if anyone needs a hunting buddy, or maybe has hunting property they need some help on planting food plots and such in exchange for hunting opportunities. i dont mind paying, or helping to pay for food plots, helping do farm style chores and i have a tractor.

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are you? PM me if you dont wanna broadcast.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#2]
What happened to your hunting land?  You had that elevated platform, fruit trees...etc.  Do you still have that and are just looking for something different to hunt on and learn?

I get deer in the back yard of my project house.  Technically you could bow hunt them.  Hunting in the middle of town would be a different experience.  

Generally I only see the deer in the spring as they eat my garden.  In the fall they don't show up much.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

30 miles outside owensboro
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What happened to your hunting land?  You had that elevated platform, fruit trees...etc.  Do you still have that and are just looking for something different to hunt on and learn?

I get deer in the back yard of my project house.  Technically you could bow hunt them.  Hunting in the middle of town would be a different experience.  

Generally I only see the deer in the spring as they eat my garden.  In the fall they don't show up much.
View Quote

Sold that land last year. The place I usually hunt is only letting blood relatives hunt, no non family allowed, due to too many conflicts, n the grandma getting demetria,  and giving multiple  people / groups permission to hunt the same spots.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:39:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm hunting on a other arfcommers land right now, been friends with him from arfcom for almost 8 years. I have taken deer here before, and appreciate him, and hunting here, but this is the MOST FRUSTRATING hunting spot ever.. uggg. I usually see deer opening day... then basically not another deer the entire season, and I hunt constantly from nov 1st thru jan 15th. Crossbow, rifle, muzzle loader, etc.

Never seen a place like this before, I actually have better hunting on my 1 acre back yard than this 50 acres, its surrounded by crops, so there SHOULD be deer, there just aren't, t's crazy frustrating .

There's a huge lib anti hunter a 1/2 mile away who refuses hunting on their land, and the deer seem to all live on her land all season, you almost always see them in her yard when arriving and leaving this property.

The owner of this land I'm hunting on right now is a awesome guy though, and a great friend.
Hes a great guy though, n a great friend, and he only lives a few miles from me. Godzookie. Total class act !

I'm just looking for new places, wanting to meet new people, meet like minded people, make new friends, and hopefully some better hunting along the way.  Being able to move around to different areas really makes the hunting better, as you can let  a area est for a while, or have more activity over on this one, etc. Just rotate areas every few days, etc.

I'm more than willing to pay $$, help with chores, etc. I'm looking for long term new friends mostly, with hunting a side benefit.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Near Central City?
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Near Central City?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Near Central City?

About 1/2 way between the two.  I basically live in beaver dam.

I just dont leave the house much, which makes making new friends , much less new friends with similar interests difficult. My life is usually arfcom, working on my property / projects / church / hunting, and hanging out with my woman. I really dont interact with many people in person.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Near Central City?

I know *exactly* where that is.

I worked at the old Green River power plant a few years ago.

Some of the best looking farmland up that way for deer, ducks and turkey. The locals that worked with us had some great pics of the deer around there and there are some studs up there.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Some of the best looking farmland up that way for deer, ducks and turkey. The locals that worked with us had some great pics of the deer around there and there are some studs up there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Near Central City?

Yup. Iv got a few huge bucks in my backyard.. they just wont come out in daylight. I'm usually taking my woman, or a kid hunting, to get their deer,  which works for a deer or two, then they vanish off my little 1 acre spot, and as a result I dont get opportunities to get my own deer, so trying to find a few new places so I can get one.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#11]
You want to haul that tractor all the way to E KY?
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in Richmond. Probably a little farther than you were thinking.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You want to haul that tractor all the way to E KY?
View Quote

um.. that might be a little far.

Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I just dont leave the house much, which makes making new friends , much less new friends with similar interests difficult. My life is usually arfcom, working on my property / projects / church / hunting, and hanging out with my woman. I really dont interact with many people in person.
View Quote

When did you move to my hood?
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Back in my deer ghost town. Say a hunting prayer for me guys...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#16]
anyone ??   its almost time to start those food plots !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top