Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/24/2020 11:12:37 PM EDT
Molon Labe - Coffee Edition

https://www.wave3.com/2020/11/24/come-take-it-lexington-coffee-shop-defies-order-close

The coffee shop has a garage door that the owner has propped open that he says should allow him to serve people inside, like other restaurants are doing with tents.

But the Lexington Fayette County Health Department decided against it, issuing the enforcement notice for brewed to stop serving in-person dining.

Owner Andrew Cooperrider told us he simply refused. The health department then revoked his food permit but the restaurant remains serving. You can watch our full interview with him at the bottom of this story.
View Quote

Time to take a break from Loserville and drive down to Lexington.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 11:42:41 PM EDT
[#1]
They're not the only ones publicly defying the King.  Here are some of the others that have PUBLICLY declared freedom of choice:

Beans - Dry Ridge
Travelers Lantern - Trenton
Wingz 2.0 - London

....any others to add to the list?

(please only list establishments that have publicly announced open for dine in)
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I don’t even like coffee but I’ll find time to head over there soon.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I happen to be in Lex... might have to grab some coffee for the ride to Beans... I have eaten there before, good stuff.  Bet it will taste even better now!
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Dang it I was on Nville road yesterday, could have gone then!!

Glad I saw this, it is "illegal" for me to travel Nville road after Thanksgiving and through Christmas!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 2:41:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dang it I was on Nville road yesterday, could have gone then!!

Glad I saw this, it is "illegal" for me to travel Nville road after Thanksgiving and through Christmas!!
View Quote

Reynolds and 27 is the most atrocious traffic intersection in all of Fayette county.

I begin avoiding it the first of November through January the next year.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don’t even like coffee but I’ll find time to head over there soon.
View Quote

They have beer.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#7]
King Andy took their liquor license.  28 people there when I was, great coffee.  Said the line had been out the door all morning.  Folks from L'ville, Richmond, Winchester, Gtown.

Couldn't serve food (not sure why but I think their choice, too busy making good coffee) but I did get cookies to hold me over until I get to Beans in Dry Ridge.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#8]
No beer, but very good coffee. Excellent service even with most everything sold out.

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Good for them!

The way I see it, if you can go indoors for sports ball, anything else is A-OK
https://www.wlky.com/article/bluegrass-basketball-is-back-its-gameday-for-uk/34785784

king andy can suck it, i'm having a good thanksgiving
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#10]

This is what tyranny looks like.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#11]

If it were my store I don't know if I'd keep those there. Maybe tear them in half, and re-tape them. I wouldn't want people who respect tyranny to visit my shop but I also wouldn't want to make it look like I'm hiding the government's actions of tyranny by taking down the signs.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Line out the door again today. Come on down.

Owner is getting dragged into court Monday.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They're not the only ones publicly defying the King.  Here are some of the others that have PUBLICLY declared freedom of choice:

Beans - Dry Ridge
Travelers Lantern - Trenton
Wingz 2.0 - London

....any others to add to the list?

(please only list establishments that have publicly announced open for dine in)
View Quote

Heck yeah! I’m in KY to see the ark, staying right by Beans, and looked up their menu and saw their message. I was going to grab dinner from them tonight but I guess they closed early for Black Friday but it looks like they will be open tomorrow. We are going to say forget the free hotel breakfast and take our family of 6 there instead. I love spending my money at any establishment with enough balls to stand up to these ridiculous orders.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I need to make a trip to Lexington to spend some money at this guys place.

Even made fauxnews
https://www.foxnews.com/us/kentucky-abc-shuts-down-lexington-coffee-shop
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:22:54 AM EDT
[#15]
That's some real bullshit. Know more than a few who work at restaurants, this order by King Andy is totally destroying folks lives.

January can't come soon enough.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:43:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's some real bullshit. Know more than a few who work at restaurants, this order by King Andy is totally destroying folks lives.

January can't come soon enough.
View Quote

I remember joking about if we were getting our freedoms back for 4th of July.

January won’t be any different. Mark my words.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:29:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Beans in dry ridge is also telling Andy to kick rocks.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 12:53:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Beans in dry ridge is also telling Andy to kick rocks.
View Quote

The owner of Beans along with atty Wiest was on Cavuto this morning.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:35:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Well Andy is trying to defy court rulings on religious schools in person learning.

If this is his course, when the ga modifies krs39 and he doesn’t comply that could be good grounds for impeachment.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#20]
The Merrick Inn is shutting down, the numbers just didn't add up.

Hope they can survive to the Spring or whenever King Andy's bullshit comes to an end.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well Andy is trying to defy court rulings on religious schools in person learning.

If this is his course, when the ga modifies krs39 and he doesn’t comply that could be good grounds for impeachment.
View Quote
I hope it happens.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I wonder if law enforcement will get involved now?  
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know quite a few Boone county sheriffs. They say they won’t shut anyone down. But they haven’t been told to yet either, talks cheap when your job ain’t on the line.

KSP I could see gladly dragging a business owner out in cuffs.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I know quite a few Boone county sheriffs. They say they won’t shut anyone down. But they haven’t been told to yet either, talks cheap when your job ain’t on the line.

KSP I could see gladly dragging a business owner out in cuffs.
View Quote

Yep.   It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#25]
https://www.wkyt.com/app/2020/12/02/brewed-still-open-offers-discount-for-first-responders-after-being-ordered-by-judge-to-close/

Hell yeah.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Fayette Co Health Dept tried to call Lexington Metro Police to get them to shut down Brewed. LEx PD told them "no, not our job". Brewed responded by giving all first responders 50% off for now on.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The Fayette Co Health Dept tried to call Lexington Metro Police to get them to shut down Brewed. LEx PD told them "no, not our job". Brewed responded by giving all first responders 50% off for now on.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s awesome.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#29]
"already Wednesday morning we’ve seen two uniformed Lexington Police officers get their coffee at Brewed, as well as a Fayette County Public Schools officer."

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Brewed, another shop promoting freedom, has these cool shirts

https://brewedco.myshopify.com/collections/best-sellers/products/the-first-revolution-started-with-tea-unisex-t-shirt

Link Posted: 12/5/2020 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Guess I'll be getting a new T-shirt tomorrow!
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#32]
The Krown is not happy with the defiance and is seeking to have a judge hold the business owner in contempt.

Getting into jail time territory for disregarding his tyranny
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The Krown is not happy with the defiance and is seeking to have a judge hold the business owner in contempt.

Getting into jail time territory for disregarding his tyranny
View Quote

I thought the owner ended up obeying the Judge's decision on the matter?   Not that he agreed with it but basically stated he was going to abide by it.

Unless something has changed.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I thought the owner ended up obeying the Judge's decision on the matter?   Not that he agreed with it but basically stated he was going to abide by it.

Unless something has changed.
View Quote

he agreed he wouldnt serve food. Andy thinks he should shut down
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:36:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Brewed is turning their location into an event business.  They have a photos with Santa event coming up.  Apparently the Governor is really pissed that the owner found a loophole to keep his doors open.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Brewed is turning their location into an event business.  They have a photos with Santa event coming up.  Apparently the Governor is really pissed that the owner found a loophole to keep his doors open.  
View Quote

The girlfriend and I were in there on Sunday. They were selling their shirts as well as bags of coffee. They also sold us a paper coffee cup, which we then took outside to the nearby food truck, that served Brewed's coffee and filled it up. We then went back into Brewed to enjoy their "public gathering space".

Fuck you, Andy.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The girlfriend and I were in there on Sunday. They were selling their shirts as well as bags of coffee. They also sold us a paper coffee cup, which we then took outside to the nearby food truck, that served Brewed's coffee and filled it up. We then went back into Brewed to enjoy their "public gathering space".

Fuck you, Andy.
View Quote

I'll take it. Would prefer some other action
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 9:06:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Traveler's Lantern in Trenton has started hosting daily “events” with catered meals too.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Traveler's Lantern in Trenton has started hosting daily “events” with catered meals too.
View Quote

I’ve noticed this as well.  Are you near there?
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:
Jaymack, I'm near there and belong to the local gun club.
View Quote

Me too (on both items that Jeep29 mentioned)
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Jaymack, I'm near there and belong to the local gun club.

@Jeep29 @GunCat

Well hell - small world - I’ve taken kids to 4h shoots there and also scouted crops all around the club.  Either of you going to the special event next sat at trav lantern?
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
@jaymack details about the Travelers Lantern event? Nothing on their Facebook page.
View Quote

@Jeep29   Check out their only December 7th post - very last line.  You have to pm them for details.  Couples candlelight dinner... "something you would expect at high end Nashville restaurant"

E.T.A. --- from an email:   Join us for a romantic upscale couples dinner in small town Trenton KY. We will be offering an awesome Cornish hen plate.  Appetizers, and top it off with an delectable dessert.
$60 per couple.
Call or text xxx.xxx.xxxx
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:11:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 11:31:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top