BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2017 2:09:26 PM EDT
Link

Details are on registration site.

Made the Linky hot.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Man that sounds like fun!  Hmmmm...... how to pull this off....
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:01:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll join in, but you'd have to get a crew of EMT's and a couple of ambulances for me to get the first 50 yards. Oh, and you want me to carry a gun, too?!?! No, I don't think so. 50 years ago? Maybe.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:09:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's a video the match director put together from a 5K 2 Gun at Rockcastle back in March.  Temperatures were in the 50s, so it was quite comfortable.

He's a bad ass and ran/shot it with a FAL.  One of the guys wore a complete 1944 repro uniform and equipment, shot a M1 rifle, and a M1917 revolver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNiVxX9fVp0&t
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:32:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like "fun". Getting old sucks.
View Quote
Yes, it does - but I am finding this stuff fun.  Add shooting and it sounds like a ......  blast!

Not that I matter but my....shot... at participation is looking thin, daughters birthday....

Edit:  Just watched the video - yeah, that looks awesome!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I ran the one in March.  Difficult, but fun.  It rained the entire 58 minutes I was out there.  But, nice thing about it, it rained so hard all the mud washed off by the time I got back to the finish line.

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Although a couch commando won't win it, they can still compete.  And the CC that shows up and comes in last place still accomplishes much more than the one that stays home.

Some people run, some people walk, some crawl, and some sit down on the course to rest.  From the March race, the last place competitor on the RUN score was out there over 4 hours.  There were several on the course for over 2 hours.  But, they finished.  They didn't give up.  And at the finish line was a huge group of competitors cheering them on.   (winning time was 53 minutes)  

The challenges are difficult, the hills are steep, but anyone can do it if they set their mind to it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:45:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

But, they finished.  

They didn't give up.  

...difficult...  ...steep.... but anyone can do it if they set their mind to it.  
View Quote
THAT is what I call a WIN!  A whole lot said right there BPR, life is about the journey.  C'mon there is shooting in a cave!!!!

The whole post is great and I wish I could go but my daughter, who just left home for college, is coming back in town and it is her 18th b-day that day.  Otherwise I would already be paid up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:42:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I ran the one in March.  Difficult, but fun.  It rained the entire 58 minutes I was out there.  But, nice thing about it, it rained so hard all the mud washed off by the time I got back to the finish line.

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL615/4020916/23612160/413229211.jpg
View Quote
I was the third or fourth runner.  Dry but nice cold mud.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I just finished driving 5 hours to come do this. Looking forward to a good time. 
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#12]
It was a hell of a good time- mixed in with a little pain and discomfort.  

I competed in "combat" class- which required the shooter to carry a minimum of 25% over their body weight for the duration of the course.  I stuffed a shit-ton of ammo in a rucksack and came across the finish line 37% over body weight.

The highlight for me was hearing James Moriarty speak at the shooter's meeting about his son- Staff Sgt Jim Moriarty, who was one of 3 Green Berets killed back in November in Jordan.

God bless America's fighting forces!
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It was a hell of a good time- mixed in with a little pain and discomfort.  

I competed in "combat" class- which required the shooter to carry a minimum of 25% over their body weight for the duration of the course.  I stuffed a shit-ton of ammo in a rucksack and came across the finish line 37% over body weight.

The highlight for me was hearing James Moriarty speak at the shooter's meeting about his son- Staff Sgt Jim Moriarty, who was one of 3 Green Berets killed back in November in Jordan.

God bless America's fighting forces!
View Quote
I did combat class too. Agreed, hearing Mr. Moriarty speak was powerful stuff. 
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#14]
It was an awesome match. I had an absolute blast.
Much like the March 3G4V 5k, but had more complex shooting stages (at least the last two). Also, it was much more physical than run n gun matches I've attended before. Not just running in those steep KY hills, but carrying and dragging heavy things (200lb rescue randy for instance).

If you haven't attended a Run n Gun, you're missing out.

-Indiana Matt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top