Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/16/2015 3:08:09 PM EDT
EDIT.  Well, since most guys have indicated they are busy on the 22nd, Joker and I agreed that pushing this back a week would give more guys a chance to attend.  Also, he's found two german shepard dogs down in Alabama at a shelter that need rescued and there are arfcommers that may be willing to take them.  So, he's going on a rescue mission this weekend anyway.  

Edit again,  Lets get started about 9AM.  If you cant make it that early, just come when you can.  We'll leave a note with a phone number so you can call for a ride down to the range if there isnt someone up by the house when you arrive.
Hey guys, Ive got the green light to invite everyone to the Joker1 compound for a shoot this coming Saturday 8/29.  I was there yesterday with a few guys and he mentioned that if we wanted to do a fall shoot before hunting season started, next weekend would be a good time to do it.  Everything is freshly mowed and the range is in great shape thanks to all his hard work over the last week.  I picked up a new G34 today and I cant wait to get down there and knock the plates off of the dueling tree.  The shoot house, gas station and copperhead road are all in tip top shape so I hope you'll all take advantage and come shoot with us.
Anyone with questions can post them up here.  

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn.  We won't be around that weekend.  And shooting then enjoying some good company (and maybe a growler) sounds like an excellent way to spend my bday weekend.

On the plus side, on our way back I'll have my loaner copy of that book back for you, joker1.  I'll send you a message when we're on our way through to see if we can drop it off.

Have fun and stay safe!
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn work...

Pays for play, but prevents most playing.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:55:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Dagnabit!  Too bad it's not 08/29!
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 12:39:16 AM EDT
[#4]
FINALLY GOT BACK IN WOOHOO
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:28:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Who here thinks that art the end of their life they are going to regret not working more weekends?
Who here thinks that art the end of their life they are going to regret not shooting more and spending time with friends?
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Damn.  We won't be around that weekend.  And shooting then enjoying some good company (and maybe a growler) sounds like an excellent way to spend my bday weekend.

On the plus side, on our way back I'll have my loaner copy of that book back for you, joker1.  I'll send you a message when we're on our way through to see if we can drop it off.

Have fun and stay safe!
View Quote
Well you are going to miss a good time for sure.  Joker said this shoot is going to have free donkey rides and he's worked out a fly over by the blue angles at supper time.  You guys miss all the good stuff!

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

FINALLY GOT BACK IN WOOHOO
View Quote
30 posts, holy crap!

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well you are going to miss a good time for sure.  Joker said this shoot is going to have free donkey rides and he's worked out a fly over by the blue angles at supper time.  You guys miss all the good stuff!
View Quote

On first read, I understood that as "free donkey shows" and I was ready to change my plans.

What a let down.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Who here thinks that art the end of their life they are going to regret not working more weekends?
Who here thinks that art the end of their life they are going to regret not shooting more and spending time with friends?
View Quote

No ragrets

But I do wanna shoot more! Gotta convince the wife to let me go part time and her stay full time.... I'll let you know how they one goes
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Dagnabit!  Too bad it's not 08/29!
View Quote
see edit in OP.

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:52:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
On first read, I understood that as "free donkey shows" and I was ready to change my plans.

What a let down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What a let down.
See edit in OP.  Shit, now I gotta find a place to rent a donkey and a girl that reaaaaallly likes to party.   Its going to be a wild night my man.

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:15:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What a let down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a let down.

Maybe we can work something out.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:32:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Did I mention i work the next 3 weekends? Gotta love it...
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:36:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Did I mention i work the next 3 weekends? Gotta love it...
View Quote
Yeah, I got your message but Im having trouble replying to several members for some reason.   Ive got some of my account setting out of whack i guess.

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Ooooooh snap the only free weekend I have in August... looks like it's not so free anymore!
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 11:39:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ooooooh snap the only free weekend I have in August... looks like it's not so free anymore!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:34:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the note, joker1.  We should be able to make the new date!  I see you noticed this...

The only thing we were thinking about for that weekend was a CCDW class for SWMBO, but that was up in the air anyway.  Speaking of which, are there any instructors among the usual suspects?

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What a let down.
View Quote

Maybe we can work something out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#19]
I was going to try to make it this weekend but I think the 29th works better for me anyway. Count me in!

BTW - I'll pass on the Donkey show   Maybe I'm just old school but I prefer good ol' hookers and blow!
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Wife says I can play that day....so how do find my way to the fun?
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Look for the Joker Signal in the sky and follow it toward the source.  Once you're close, just head toward the sound of gunfire and barking.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote
Im sure Joker will be along shortly to IM you his address and directions to his place.  I'll hook you up if he happens to miss this post.

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Im sure Joker will be along shortly to IM you his address and directions to his place.  I'll hook you up if he happens to miss this post.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:25:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Are folks camping again?
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#25]
None have mentioned it but you are always welcome to. There will e fire. Keg's gone sour so it'll either be replaced or we'll hit the bottles.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

None have mentioned it but you are always welcome to. There will e fire. Keg's gone sour so it'll either be replaced or we'll hit the bottles.
View Quote
Im bringing bottles this time.  None of that damn brown party liquor though.  I dont want to wind up with my truck in the cow pond with broken axles and the doors ripped off.  

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Im bringing bottles this time.  None of that damn brown party liquor though.  I dont want to wind up with my truck in the cow pond with broken axles and the doors ripped off.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think we'll probably plan on it (camping, not truck destruction), especially if the dog all-clear has sounded or we find a sitter.  And especially if others are in.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 2:24:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I think we'll probably plan on it (camping, not truck destruction), especially if the dog all-clear has sounded or we find a sitter.  And especially if others are in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The danger to dogs has passed. Remmy is welcome. I'll cut wood.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 2:22:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I think I should be able to make it.  What part of the state are we talking here?
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I think I should be able to make it.  What part of the state are we talking here?
View Quote
Its in Verona KY, in Boone Co, just off I-71.

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#31]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#32]
You guys have room for one more? I'm from Louisville and not very tactical but like to hang out and shoot. If it is ok, please PM me directions.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:32:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You guys have room for one more? I'm from Louisville and not very tactical but like to hang out and shoot. If it is ok, please PM me directions.
View Quote

Absolutely. It's all fun and you might learn something!

IMed address.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:20:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Extreme southern tip of Boone county, maybe even just across the county line.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Any particular theme to this event? or more of a just get together to to shoot and hang out?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

IMed address.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMed address.

Thanks, I am sure I will!
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Any particular theme to this event? or more of a just get together to to shoot and hang out?
View Quote
Unless Joker has some surprises in store for us, this one is just going to be hanging out and shooting.  

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#38]

Also, I should mention,  most of the shooting we normally do is on the
lower range, and that steel is rated for pistols only.  You can shoot
rifles down there, but it will be at paper targets.  Normally guys shoot
a lot more pistol ammo than rifle ammo when they come.  Just thought
I'd mention that.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Unless Joker has some surprises in store for us, this one is just going to be hanging out and shooting.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. It'll be the set up and scenarios we've shot this summer. Once the range gets set for the year it stays pretty much the same. Shoot house, set. Gas station, set. Copperhead Road, set
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 11:23:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Also, I should mention,  most of the shooting we normally do is on the lower range, and that steel is rated for pistols only.  You can shoot rifles down there, but it will be at paper targets.  Normally guys shoot a lot more pistol ammo than rifle ammo when they come.  Just thought I'd mention that.
View Quote

Well, to clarify, Copperhead Road is rifle rated (18 baddies). The shoot house is a pistol (4 shots) transitioning to carbine set up with a total of about 25 targets.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm glad I checked in before packing up. See you barbarians next weekend.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Id be down, but Ill be shooting with Hackathorn that weeked
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tell him joker1 said "Hi!" He was a good student.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone else getting automatic double taps?

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 7:23:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't talk about that online the ATF might swoop in on you
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote
Hey, thats the guy nobody ever heard of right?

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bumpfiring an AR pistol?     I can neither confirm nor deny any such occurrence.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I must have filled down the button on my mouse.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus dude, I cant tell you how man "gun guys" I have talked to that say who? When I bring up his name

Maybe hes only a big deal in my mind?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol will do
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top