Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2014 12:19:07 PM EDT
Need a set of tires for the wifey,'s Altima. Looking for a shop that will sell a set with mounting/balancing and alignment for one price. There was someone doing this just b/4 Christmas and had a good price.......but can't remember.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Tire Discounters
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't forget to call Sam's Club. Depending on tire and time they have done well on pricing for us.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Honestly Bill Collins Ford beat everybody in town for the last 3 sets of tires I bought. Good Year, Michelin, and BF Goodrich.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 2:59:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tire Discounters
View Quote

+1 I bought at Sams as well and their prices are good but at Tire Discounters you get nitrogen inflation.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:30:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Last two sets of tires came from SAMs and tire discounters. I will be going back to the tire rack from now on.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 5:25:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I like Etscorns on Bardstown for *all* of my car repair needs that I can't do myself.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 6:39:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

+1 I bought at Sams as well and their prices are good but at Tire Discounters you get nitrogen inflation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tire Discounters

Oh...that Nitrogen thing...   They love to push that. Take a deep breath......you just did 79% Nitrogen!  Big scam...they say its in airplanes and it is but only as a fire safety thing. Nitrogen in the tires is a joke.

You have to shop for tires. Figure out what you want then see who has the deal of the day. I start with TireRack and get an idea then go from there.

BUT....once I followed TireRack on their recommendations for my one car and the tires SUCKED. I learned my lesson...don't blindly trust them. They are good if you are into something special however. Like my brother-in-law got a good deal for something exotic for his BMW there but for my little Honda...shop locally.

Beware the cheap tires that they push at Tire Discounters. Made in China junk that sucks you in with a low price.POS tires!  Stick with Michelin, Bridgestone...best value for your money. See who will give you the best deal on these.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I usually get my tires from tire rack and then take them to one of their local installation places that they have an agreement with.  Mine are not standard tires though.  19" for my BMW and then specialty all seasons for my SUV.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Try a locally owned shop like:

Kaiser Tire: two locations
Springdale Automotive: four locations
River City Tire: Frankfort Avenue

I know they would appreciate the opportunity to help you.

Cowpunk

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top