Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2012 9:51:48 AM EDT
so, the wife and i have been talking about a potential move for many years now, and due to certain circumstances with a house we were going to buy, we may be at the perfect place to do so.

KY has always been on my list of top five states to live, so maybe now is the time to get the ball rolling.

i'm an ME by degree, and currently work as senior manufacturing engineer for a local defense contractor. i also GM a commercial small arms manufacturer.

so, i'm looking to my fellow ARFcommers for some guidance. is there any industry in KY that is particularly hot? what is your overall impression of the KY job market? are there any areas of the state i should avoid, or any i should look at with a specific focus? i'd like an area that has lake or river access and relatively low property taxes. i'd like to be able to pick up a place with 20 or more acres, so i'll be looking on the outskirts of any respective suburban areas, and i don't have any particular need to be near large metro areas (wold preferr not actually). also, i don't deal well with heat and humidity. what am i going to be in for in the summers...?

any info would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:14:29 AM EDT
[#2]

thanks for the heads-up.

lost of good info there, and it looks like the OP is looking for almost exactly what i'm looking for.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Kentucky summers are defined by 3 things. 1) Heat 2) humidity 3) sun dresses
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top