Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2011 3:45:54 PM EDT
Anyone heard any thing good or seen anything special at your favorite gunshop? Haven't heard anyone pissed at shooters in awhile, those guys playing any nicer these days??
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 4:21:20 AM EDT
[#1]
No one?? Anyone seen anything really cool locally? I know i saw a Knights SR-25 that was very sexy the other day.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:46:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I stopped by a few in the last week...

And damn them every single one of those bastards where all trying to make a profit off of me...
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:58:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I dropped in at Keenes Depot in Bardstown for the first time ever last week.  I was very impressed by the selection and price.  The staff was nice and you can't go wrong anytime you stop in a store and can pick up an AR-15, some night crawlers, a country ham, and a case of beer.  It was worth the trip and I will definitely be checking in more often.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:07:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I dropped in at Keenes Depot in Bardstown for the first time ever last week.  I was very impressed by the selection and price.  The staff was nice and you can't go wrong anytime you stop in a store and can pick up an AR-15, some night crawlers, a country ham, and a case of beer.  It was worth the trip and I will definitely be checking in more often.

Love this place. Wish it was closer to home.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Im heading out to Keenes for my first time too on Monday, got that flier about their sale. Sounds awesome!
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I was at Keene's today and they were really busy.  Picked up some scope mounts and a new tent blind.  They had a Smith AR for $629 new.  (No dust cover or forward assist)  They were selling a ton of guns from the looks of it.  They are open until 7 pm today if anyone is board looking for something to do.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to shooters supply a few weeks and one of the clerks got a attitude with my 8 y.o. for playing with a display flashlight.
So I left and went to 111.  Guy there was joking and cutting up with my son.  I left there with a new AK. and there prices were cheaper too.

I also over heard a salesman at shooter tell a lady that the 9mm is used by police because it won't go through a car windshield.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No one?? Anyone seen anything really cool locally? I know i saw a Knights SR-25 that was very sexy the other day.

Details please.  Where, which model and how much?  Looking for an EMC.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 1:21:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Had a guy yesterday who was looking at getting a subcompact/compact told me that some outfit in Lexington was explaining to him that the US military was now teaching shooters to use the middle finger and not the trigger finger when shooting a subcompact/compact pistol. Never heard that before.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:02:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Details please. Where, which model and how much? Looking for an EMC.

They have one at Lotus Gun Works.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:11:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I saw that unique little Ruger .308 scout the other day over at Lotus Gunworks, it was the first one I have seen upclose.  I don't know why, but I want pretty bad, I think it would make a neat deer rifle.  I think the price was around $800 with a nice laminated stock.    It comes with all the mounts and rings you need.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I saw that unique little Ruger .308 scout the other day over at Lotus Gunworks, it was the first one I have seen upclose.  I don't know why, but I want pretty bad, I think it would make a neat deer rifle.  I think the price was around $800 with a nice laminated stock.    It comes with all the mounts and rings you need.

http://www.ruger.com/products/gunsiteScoutRifle/images/6803.jpg

Hmmmm  $800 at Lotus, it will probably be $600 every where else.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I went to my local fun store, Kentucky Outdoorsman halfway between London and Corbin on South 25 a couple weeks ago.

Looked at an M&P9C.  Handled it all I wanted to, every question I asked was answered politely and informatively.  They even switched the mag release from right hand to left for me.

Forth gun I've bought there.  And besides a Wally World special 10/22 it's the only store I've ever bought a gun from.

I highly recommend Ky Outdoorsman to any of you who happen to be traveling down in this area.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Had a guy yesterday who was looking at getting a subcompact/compact told me that some outfit in Lexington was explaining to him that the US military was now teaching shooters to use the middle finger and not the trigger finger when shooting a subcompact/compact pistol. Never heard that before.

I read that here along time ago.  Have no idea what forum or thread but it had something (if I remember correctly) to do with better control.  Not just on compact/subcompact pistols.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Knob Creek has been flooded for two weeks...

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/802/0307011720.jpg

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:42:01 AM EDT
[#16]
I own a V Bottom Boat.     I bet the range is fine.  

Maybe Kenny should invest in a Ferry Boat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top