Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2009 5:03:46 PM EDT
Took my son out to our range a couple days ago and let him fire a real weapon for the first time...

He just turned 4 in April

Told him how to line up the red dot and squeeze the trigger...out of 10 rounds..first 4 hit...thenhe got a little crazy on the trigger...lol

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#1]
way to get em started!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Way to go, reminds me when I started my boy out, now he is an avid turkey (20gauge Mossy 500) and deer (NEF 223) hunter at the age of 6, and waiting until next summer when my middle boy turns 4 to start him.

Send me you addy and I'll send you a copy of a great DVD (http://nssf.org/safety/PDF/FSEorder-rev1007.pdf) that I've used with my boys.  It makes learning firearm safety fun, my wife ordered it for her class when she was teaching.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:25:39 AM EDT
[#3]
That's awesome man! Hell, he will be outshooting the rest of us at the next carbine class!

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:58:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome!

Hell most kids first shots are with a .22, this kid gets to start off with a suppressed SBR! Priceless!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#5]
You can't beat that. Teach them young. Good job, sounds like good shooting too.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Way to go, reminds me when I started my boy out, now he is an avid turkey (20gauge Mossy 500) and deer (NEF 223) hunter at the age of 6, and waiting until next summer when my middle boy turns 4 to start him.

Send me you addy and I'll send you a copy of a great DVD (http://nssf.org/safety/PDF/FSEorder-rev1007.pdf) that I've used with my boys.  It makes learning firearm safety fun, my wife ordered it for her class when she was teaching.

Hey, can I get a copy of that please?  I've got a 3 and a 4 year old that I need to start soon.

Thanks,

Michael
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#7]
this is sweet!!!!  i started my daughter out with a mossberg 590 and an ar when she was four.  she loves to see the bowling pin swing when she hits it with the 12 ga.  this is one of the most amazing feelings in the world.... congrats!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top