Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2009 8:08:15 AM EDT
Is it 6 months? Or as soon as I move there? I am thinking of moving to somewhere just across the border from Cincinatti when I get back from Iraq.

What does 30 grand for a house get me in that area? Preferably well outside city limits.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#1]
u need a KY DL.... don't know about N.KY real estate-I would guess not alot
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#2]
It's six months as a resident.  Residency is defined by the date of your drivers license, or so I was told by the KSP.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#3]
do remember all valid CCW licenses are honored in KY....however be sure your not from a state that voids the CCW upon relocation (i.e FL doesn't void, SC does)  I have a FL permit and am a KY resident...although my permit has my SC address, I called FL-updated my info-this is all that is required to keep my FL permit  100% valid in FL–– thus 100% valid in KY

eta

KRS237.110. 20a
(20) (a) A person who has a valid license issued by another state of the United States to carry a concealed deadly weapon in that state may, subject to provisions of Kentucky law, carry a concealed deadly weapon in Kentucky, and his or her license shall be considered as valid in Kentucky.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#4]
6 months is what i've always heard.
Where are you thinking of looking? 30 k wont buy you much.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:05:25 PM EDT
[#5]
From the Kentucky State Police website:

The applicant for a carry concealed deadly weapon (CCDW) license must:

Be a resident of Kentucky for at least six months prior to filing the application or a member of the Armed Forces of the United States who is on active duty, who is at the time of application assigned to a military posting in Kentucky, and who has been assigned to a posting in Kentucky for six months or longer immediately preceding the filing of the application; and
Be twenty-one (21) years of age or older; and
Not be under indictment for, or have been convicted of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year; and
Not be a fugitive from justice; and
Not be an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance; and
Not have been adjudicated as a mental defective or have committed to a mental institution; and
Not have been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions; and
Not be subject to a domestic violence order or emergency protective order; and
Not have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence (see section below for discussion of misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence); and
Not be prohibited from the purchase, receipt or possession of firearms, ammunition or both pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 922(g), 18 U.S.C. 922(n), or applicable state law; and
Not have been committed to a state or federal facility for abuse of a controlled substance or convicted of a misdemeanor relating to a controlled substance within the three-year period immediately preceding the date the application was submitted; and
Not have two or more convictions for violating KRS 189A.010 (Operating motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or other substance which impairs driving ability) within the three (3) years immediately preceding the date on which the application is submitted; and
Not have been committed as an alcoholic pursuant to KRS Chapter 222 or similar laws of another state within the three (3) year period immediately preceding the date on which the application is submitted; and
Not owe a child support arrearage which equals or exceeds the cumulative amount which would be owed after one (1) year of nonpayment; and
Have complied with any subpoena or warrant relating to child support or paternity proceedings; and
Have not been convicted of a violation of KRS 508.030 (Assault in the fourth degree) or 508.080 (Terroristic Threatening in the third degree) within the three years immediately preceding the date on which the application is submitted; and
Demonstrate competence with a firearm by successful completion of a firearms safety or training course offered or approved by the Department of Criminal Justice Training.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top