Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2008 2:35:57 PM EDT
Ok since ity is this weekend I thought i would tell you guys a few things that might matter to you.

!st where we shoot. NO trees . that means no shade. therre are some shrubs but no real trees.  It is  rolling hills but is on the main top of mountains..  BE SURE to bring some wet weather gear!!!!!  I always take a gortex army jacket and pants. it always seems to rain when we are up there. it adds to the fun tho   I bring a change of socks as well

NO SHORTS !!!  trust me..   Also please wear camo of your choice if you dont mind. I would like to have a group photo of us all  just for my own amusement.  Bring any and all gear you want too test run. we will be moving and shooting. No static BR crap.   Also we will be shooting up tp and maybe beyond 1,000 yards. so bring appropriate weapons if you have them. If you dont, dont sweat it. I will have a rifle with plenty of ammo for those of you who have never tried it. You are welcome to use mine.

If you have knee pads. bring them.

bring weapons lube. and or cleaning stuff, you may need it more than you think.
Our guns will get hot!! so i will have a spray bottle of water to mist over the barrels to keep overheating  low. so dont be afraid to work that gun.  I will have at least 5 gallons of ice cold water for everyone to drink. and a cooler.

bring any targets you want.
have an old bolt gun or something reallly old you want to try out or see how it does at long range? bring it..

aslo if any of you has empty chamber indicators please bring them. We will use them as we have them. we have to be careful with somany people not use to each other around.
if you want to try a certain type of drill please speak up, we will try it all together. We need to learn to shoot/fight as a team.

thats it for now. we are going to have food hopefully if anyone has a grill speak up ASAP!

I will let xLucidx  follow up with anything i forgot below

OK  we are getting to the last few days   anyone that has any questions about the shoot or needs anything cleared up, or finer direction etc , IM me and I will give you my home/cell phone number and work number.  Use the work number friday only from 800Am to 400PM.   I will answer any thing you need to know.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#1]
not much to add that covers everything i believe shawn
i think i will bring some orange ground marking paint and have a firing line
no loaded mags in weapons behind the firing line
and all chambers open if theres no indicator available for the gun behind the firing line
most important part is saftey

bring shooting glasses if you wear them and earplugs!!!!!

and lets not forget...have fun!!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Good tips posted so far, I am going to list what I am carting up there

Cooler with MT Dew and water, whatever else I have
Will bring some dogs, etc once we get a grill
Will bring xtra muffs and new ear plugs( I get em free if anyone wants some)
Targets heres what I will be bringing

10 round steel plates on 20" rods to stick in the ground
16x24"x1/4" steel gong on 36" steel rods for 22's and long range rifles, trust  me this thing will be loud
90 clay pigeons, My rope hanging system I made in hope of a strong bush to hang it from may have to improvise
19" LCD Monitor with OBAMA Taped to it, may have to have a long range shoot, and let the winner shoot it or all of us shoot it at the same time
hammer to drive the targets in the ground with
bowling pins

another thing I wanted to bring up was, who ever has Mosins, Mausers, Garands 1903's, any C&R gun bring them and see what you can do out to 500 or 1,000yds with them

and I have a challenge for someone to do for me, I have a chunk of aluminum that I want to have shot, I do not think anything we will have will penetrate it, I do not think a 50bmg would penetrate it, aluminum is diferent than steel, but it is about 2.5"x2.5"x6"

But if anyone has a old gun and no ammo, let me know and I will help you out with the ammo

But Looking forward to it, I am going to try and post pics of the targets tomorow as I pack them up,
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Good tips posted so far, I am going to list what I am carting up there

Cooler with MT Dew and water, whatever else I have
Will bring some dogs, etc once we get a grill
Will bring xtra muffs and new ear plugs( I get em free if anyone wants some)
Targets heres what I will be bringing

10 round steel plates on 20" rods to stick in the ground
16x24"x1/4" steel gong on 36" steel rods for 22's and long range rifles, trust  me this thing will be loud
90 clay pigeons, My rope hanging system I made in hope of a strong bush to hang it from may have to improvise
19" LCD Monitor with OBAMA Taped to it, may have to have a long range shoot, and let the winner shoot it or all of us shoot it at the same time
hammer to drive the targets in the ground with
bowling pins

another thing I wanted to bring up was, who ever has Mosins, Mausers, Garands 1903's, any C&R gun bring them and see what you can do out to 500 or 1,000yds with them

and I have a challenge for someone to do for me, I have a chunk of aluminum that I want to have shot, I do not think anything we will have will penetrate it, I do not think a 50bmg would penetrate it, aluminum is diferent than steel, but it is about 2.5"x2.5"x6"

But if anyone has a old gun and no ammo, let me know and I will help you out with the ammo

But Looking forward to it, I am going to try and post pics of the targets tomorow as I pack them up,

i bet some API rounds will eat right thru her
i have 2 mausers but i have no ammo for them and cant find it anywhere
they also havent been shot since ww2 soooo i dunno about function and how safe they are
ill give em a look tomorrow i have the place to myself
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
8mm mauser?

i got some ammo.  i got it from aimsurplus.  ill bring some 4 ya

sweet deal
ill give you some trigger time on it if you want
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 8MM also, Romanian and yugo, I will bring some of each because I plan to bring a mauser to shoot, But I doubt AP will go through it aluminum is tough shit to shoot through
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Greg has some 50 cal Armor piercing incediary tracer. I am sure it will go through it.  hopefully  we will see. He told me last night he had loaded 80 rounds of 50 for tye barret at that point.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Bump

update in OP
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#10]
As shawn said if anyone needs my number also just im me, I am 15 miles before pikeville and could help guys coming in if they need it, not a problem, but hope everyone is looking forward to it,

Was wondering if we have a definate head count yet, and if we do could we post the names in the OP here
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#11]
im not sure exactly
but i know me and a buddy will be there
cruze 5
jon
shawn
greg
im not sure about other memebers, i believe a member from allen is going
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#12]
blurted is coming as well, last I heard from him. I think he is gone thise week or something....but he said he was coming. and a few others that have checked in with me
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Is this shoot Sat or Sun?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Sunday the 20th
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:56:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
blurted is coming as well, last I heard from him. I think he is gone thise week or something....but he said he was coming. and a few others that have checked in with me

Sorry to say I can't make it this time around.  Family matters to attend to.  I will get out there to meet and shoot with you guys another day though.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:55:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:05:48 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:49:37 AM EDT
[#18]
game on men
pack your gear and be at staples in pikeville kentucky at 11:00am sharp
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#20]
I am packing stuff right now, gonna load the targets up and have it ready see you all in the morning
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I trust someone is taking a camera(very jealous)
Enjoy men.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep I will be taking lots of pics, more so than shooting I say, but I figure shawn will also have a camera, I am bringing mine with a bog zoom on it to get up close,
later
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#23]
here we go gentlemen  Also a little surprise for tomorrow I will tell now.  We will be setting off 2 (two) military smoke grenades tomorrow  while we are shooting and drlling  We will get some great pics of us running through yellow or red smoke lookin like we know what we are doing    Any last minute addition? its not too late!!!  Sorry you couldnt come Blurted...  I will be at the staples in a Greeen Jeep wrangler with a khaki top,   You guys can follow me in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top