Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2006 8:16:11 PM EDT
Yes, Fayette Firearms went out of buisness earlier this months.  Really miss the place myself.  I had worked there from day one.  I still work in town, the guys at Classic took me in.  So stop by and say hey.

Tauri
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Why did they go outta business? You guys were very good(including that time you saw right through that woman who tried to play "strawman").

Classic's a good place too,will be down there sometime!
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The biggest problem we had was a serious lack of inventory.  Then nothing was replenished.  I wish I could tell you more, but that sums up the biggest factor in the closing of the store.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems like there's a whole lot more competition now too. Classic/Buds/A&M/Gunsite/Evans/one in G-town/2 in Cynthiana.........
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 4:01:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 5:06:52 AM EDT
[#5]
do you have black hair Tauri ?

are you the one who starts all the political discussions over there  

im sure i'll see you in there everyonce in a while i work on Southland drive as well
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes to the black hair when i have hair.  And I normally don't start any political topics.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes the inventory seemd to be a big problem when I even first started shopping there and to add on having 3 or 4 employees to pay..just hurts. I never figured why there were two counter people all the time but hey, thats just my observation.  I thought they were going to have problems when the owner told me once that it took him $25,000 a week just to operate. Somehow I couldn't just fathom that but maybe he was getting paid a lot.  Having a small business myself, I know it takes a lot of give/take and balance of know-how to make it do right.

Looking forward to my next trip to Classic.

I believe you will find Tauri to have the best tan in the shop.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:22:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I used to swing by Fayette every chance I got as it was along my route home from work.  The inventory did get really sparse in the last year but the pricing was usually good and the guys were very friendly.  I always liked it when they would get out the calculator for the "out the door" price.  To me it beats the hell out of "the price IS the price" mentality that I see most everywhere else as I actually like to save a few bucks when possible.  I once asked a clerk at another store if they could do better on a gun I was in the market for and the guy had the balls to say the price was firm but if I wanted, he could pretend to raise and then lower the price if it made me feel better.  Nice store but with that kind of attitude I probably won't buy anything other than small stuff.  Gun sales for the local retailers must be pretty good lately as I have noticed that many of them seem somewhat flippant as to whether I actually buy anything or not.  I guess I need to find another store to do the majority of my business with but I really hated to see Fayette close shop as they were my primary FFL transfer dealer.  
Tauri it was good to see you at Classic the other day, I'm glad to see you landed at one of the nicer stores in town.  Did John wind up at the Gunsight?  I may come back in this week to have another look at that Browning and maybe trade that Golden Boy you sold me last year haha.  
John
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Classic is a great place to buy. No one else in town seemed interested in getting me a M4. They got me one and at a fair deal also. They get most of my buisness.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top