Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/15/2006 5:28:42 PM EDT
With the Knob Creek shoot less than a month away, I thought we should start a thread on it. It is April 7-9.  I went last year and really enjoyed it. Anybody else going to try to go?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't missed one in years. See no reason to start now. I'll be there!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:29:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there if possible.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:40:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I won't miss it...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:24:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:31:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I won't be there on April 7th - opening day of Keeneland!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be there the 8th. Does anybody know how much the helicopter ride where you can shoot the M60 out of like on Mail Call costs?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'll be there the 8th. Does anybody know how much the helicopter ride where you can shoot the M60 out of like on Mail Call costs?

It's auctioned off and goes to the highest bidder, last April it went for over $1,000.00.  I think that's how it goes anyway, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll be there the 8th.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:45:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I should be able to go!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#9]
any one know of any good motels to stay at close to the shot..
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Should be there on Sat.  Motels get booked up quick, call Best Western, Comfort Inn or Motel 6 In Shepherdsville quick.  They are on Hwy 44  and both sides of I-65 that is straight shot to range about 15 miles.  Can't recommend any of the hot sheet motels along Dixie Hwy that might be closer.  If you need numbers email and I can look up.  Some down around Ft Knox might also be closer but don't have any idea what they would be.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Couple of motels at exit 121 on i-65 if you cant find one in shepardsville!   In Brooks,Ky see link below!

http://louisville-kentucky.onetravelsource.com/guide_hotels/US/KY/Brooks/
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#12]
How can you get in on some shooting? Also are cameras allowed?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Unless you know someone who has a spot reserved the only way you can get in on the shooting is by renting a machine gun at $30 to $60 a magazine.  Camera's were allowed last time I was there but you had to buy a pass for the camera.  I think it was something like $7.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#14]
What's camping cost?

I'm planning on taking a road trip (from Flint, Michigan) with some friends... but we're almost all broke.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:13:54 AM EDT
[#15]
no offense but why would you come to a MG shoot /gun show/everything costs money place when you are almost broke?

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Are there any good strip clubs down that way? I will be in need of some entertainment when the night shoot is over.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Are there any good strip clubs down that way? I will be in need of some entertainment when the night shoot is over.hr

Saw a bunch driving in last year with signs that had "welcome gunshow". Don't know about how good. I didn't stop, spent my money on G&A at Knob Creek.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:04:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Are there any good strip clubs down that way? I will be in need of some entertainment when the night shoot is over.

Saw a bunch driving in last year with signs that had "welcome gunshow". Don't know about how good. I didn't stop, spent my money on G&A at Knob Creek.

Tahe a left out of the range then a right at US 31W. Look for the pink and purple buildings. There's about 5 or 6 in the first mile. As for the quality, well, the south end of Louisville is worker-class redneck so figure the wimminz accordingly.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:06:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless you know someone who has a spot reserved the only way you can get in on the shooting is by renting a machine gun at $30 to $60 a magazine.  Camera's were allowed last time I was there but you had to buy a pass for the camera.  I think it was something like $7.

The lower range is BYOF unless that's changed in the past year. $20 for 60 or 90 minutes of range time IIRC.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:15:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Lois and myself  will be there  Saturday .  Please come by our table and say hello !
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Which booth should we look for?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:56:00 AM EDT
[#23]
I'll be ther Friday evening, I have a LL game to coach Saturday.  Will be bringing my little brother.  He is in the AF, stationed @ Kadena, and hasn't been home in 2.5 years.  He planned his trip home to make  this shoot!

Seems his first trip, with me, 4+ years ago left quite an impression
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#24]
So... nobody knows what it'd cost for campgrounds?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Between $20-$50 PER PERSON depending on when you set up. Saturday setup being $20 and adding $10 a day per person for each day earlier.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll be there unless I have to work.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:23:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:10:00 AM EDT
[#28]
I'll be working the front gate.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Between $20-$50 PER PERSON depending on when you set up. Saturday setup being $20 and adding $10 a day per person for each day earlier.

Holy hell what a scam!  That's what I heard, but I couldn't believe it... I honestly thought they were FOS.

My friend found a place 20 minutes from there for $15 or $20 per night (for the campground).  So... that saves our car something like $300!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy hell what a scam!  That's what I heard, but I couldn't believe it... I honestly thought they were FOS.

My friend found a place 20 minutes from there for $15 or $20 per night (for the campground).  So... that saves our car something like $300!

You'll be amazed how packed the campground is. Folks want to be close to the action I suppose. I wouldn't do it myself. I usually get a room down in E-town, about 20 miles away.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:57:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tahe a left out of the range then a right at US 31W. Look for the pink and purple buildings. There's about 5 or 6 in the first mile. As for the quality, well, the south end of Louisville is worker-class redneck so figure the wimminz accordingly.

One can only imagine what hell is working inside those run down joints

SAVE YOUR MONEY!  Get a bottle at the store at walls end.  
All of these joints exist to clip the GI's from Knox, give the trailer trash a place to fight and their wives a place to work.  If you take the plunge-go with a body condom.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One can only imagine what hell is working inside those run down joints

SAVE YOUR MONEY!  Get a bottle at the store at walls end.  
All of these joints exist to clip the GI's from Knox, give the trailer trash a place to fight and their wives a place to work.  If you take the plunge-go with a body condom.

Aw man! Yer no fun! It's a hoot to sit outside and watch the out-of-towners go walking in a then shortly come running back out.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:41:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Anyone shoot in the competitions?  I saw them on one of the videos.  I thought it would be fun to shoot the carbine course.

I know they are mostly for fun, but that's perfect for me.

Great timing for the show.  I need some FAL parts and DSA was there last time.  I will have competitive prices for all items I want before hand so I don't get "gun show fever".

I bought a case (1000) of Lake City M855 for $169 last time.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Anyone shoot in the competitions?  I saw them on one of the videos.  I thought it would be fun to shoot the carbine course.

I know they are mostly for fun, but that's perfect for me.

Great timing for the show.  I need some FAL parts and DSA was there last time.  I will have competitive prices for all items I want before hand so I don't get "gun show fever".

I bought a case (1000) of Lake City M855 for $169 last time.

DSA Arms=Hot chickie snack poster girl...mmmmmmm
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#35]
On the web site the camera pass is $5.  Entry is $10 and you guys had the camping right on.  

I wonder if all the vendors are set up on Friday, or do some use friday to set up?
I was contemplating an early friday morning visit, but I'll probably surf the crowds and go sat.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I'll be going for the first time on Sat. Just to be sure, everyone will be carrying their weapons around with them correct?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:28:41 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I'll be going for the first time on Sat. Just to be sure, everyone will be carrying their weapons around with them correct?

Some do, most don't. You have to check them at the gate and they get zip tied.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:05:07 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lois and myself  will be there  Saturday .  Please come by our table and say hello !

Jayne will also be attending.  Centerfire sets up on the "curve".   I'll  be posting a "coupon" shortly before the shoot so keep watching!

Lois

The shoot starts tomorrow.  What is this "coupon" you have me woundering about?  Don't make me spend more money than I'm already planning too.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Rained most all day today. Rain tomorrow with some severe storms possible. Be sure to wear some good waterproofed boots this weekend. It's a good thing the water levels were down already.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:16:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Rained most all day today. Rain tomorrow with some severe storms possible. Be sure to wear some good waterproofed boots this weekend. It's a good thing the water levels were down already.

Rain is supposed to lay off Friday till later in the afternoon.  Some severe weather is expected.  Get there early, and I do mean early, or you will have to park in the bottoms and be pulled out.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:20:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Mud tires mounted.

Coupon?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:53:00 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rain is supposed to lay off Friday till later in the afternoon.  Some severe weather is expected.  Get there early, and I do mean early, or you will have to park in the bottoms and be pulled out.

If the show opens at 9am how early is early?  The year that I went I got there what I thought was early, before 10am, but the bottom parking lot was closed and everyone was parking on the road because of the rains.  That was a nice hike to get to the show.  So does early mean before 9?  Because I really don't feel like walking that far again.

Can anyone tell me where the handicap parking is?  My girlfriend had surgery the other week and if she comes along we will need to park there.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:05:42 AM EDT
[#43]
I don't know when the open it, but the back lot was pretty big and had plenty of parking at 1pm on saturday last time.  I parked on the road and got a ride in.  Yes, it is a long way to walk.

They have a van and a bus that will give you and your girlfriend a free ride.  Just have to wait till one of them comes by.  You can also rent a ride on a mule.  Those things rock.  The ATV of the 70's.

If the crowds are that bad at 9, maybe a 3 oclock hit time would be better.  That was the time I left last time.  The lot had cleared out a bunch already.

I just don't know that I can wait at the house until 1pm, just waiting to go would kill me.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:24:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If the show opens at 9am how early is early?  The year that I went I got there what I thought was early, before 10am, but the bottom parking lot was closed and everyone was parking on the road because of the rains.  That was a nice hike to get to the show.  So does early mean before 9?  Because I really don't feel like walking that far again.

Can anyone tell me where the handicap parking is?  My girlfriend had surgery the other week and if she comes along we will need to park there.

I don't know where the Handicapped parking is bu if you have a sticker they will make allowances.  No sticker might be tough.
I have been in the line going into the show at 8:00 and had a long wait to park.  They had the lower lot open today and people parking in there.  Not too bad as there was no rain in the morning or afternoon.  Right at this minute it is pouring piss out of a boot with pea sized hail.  If it was me,  I would be at the show by 8 or earlier. I bet the campers at the creek have got their butts soaked.  I just hope the winds haven't blown the roofs off or the canvas awnings.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Man, I went today, there was plenty of parking in all lots and the weather was beautiful (got there around 11 and stayed til 1).  PRobably the most ammo I remember seeing in a long time. Tons of ammo of just about all calibers and price ranges. Lots of good shooting going on.  I coulda easily spent alot of money but exercised restraint.

For you AR fans, there was no shortage of new in baggie AR mags for $10 a piece (either 20 or 30 rounders).  Also, used 30 rounders for $5 each.  Lots of AR parts from several vendors but I bought mine from DPMS, they cut deals and gave me some discounts that other places never even think about doing.  (THEY ARE ALL the WAY AT THE BACK OF THE SHED BY THE WAY).

I missed the friggin centerfire coupon dang it and had bought some stuff there....just my luck.

Stupidest thing I saw...idiot with an ammo can full of 7.62x 39 blanks I was looking for and he wanted $1 for each blank.  I just laughed at him and walked on. Silliest thing I wanted...the nickel plated garand clips.  Not only do they go bling when they eject...but they are bling..bling.  Makes it a lot easier to find them too.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If money is the object...stay there! If camping with class 3 people, having a "Kaintucky Bourbon" experience and smoking good cigars, not having to drive for an hour a day, and being able to claim you camped at the coolest campground in the nation doesn't matter to y'all...stay at the cheap place.....by all means!!  Whatever you do.....have FUN!!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:29:18 AM EDT
[#48]
yup, I agree with pcsutton.  You are going toa place where  it is nothing for dealers to have 200,000 worth of merchandise on a couple tables (say 10 machineguns) and be rubbing elbows all day long with others who have up to $50k in MG's walking around with them. (I saw it yesterday).  Cant believe the amount of money that has to be changing hands there...so much stuff..so little time.

Why not just get a hotel room for $55 and 4 of you pile in there, thats less than $15 each for four of you...and you can share beds ;).  Given the storm that blew up last nite, I sure as hell wouldnt want to be camping ANYWHERE.  Not to mention its friggin chilly this morning. Glad I went yesterday.

hmmmm, I wonder if they actually made the trip?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Good deal on the AR mags.  Picked up 6 of them.  This was my first time going and I guess I did not find the "good" parking.  I had to walk over the bridge!!  Luckily a nice guy in a truck offered me to jump in the back and he dropped me at the front entrance.  He wasn't even going to the shoot.  I didn't see any .50 Vipers there from BGA though--I was hoping to test one out.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Just got back from the Night Shoot, had a great time.  Didn't see much 7.62 x 39 or .223 ammo around.  Picked up a few more mags and some parts from J & T.  Great weather this afternoon.  If you are going tomorrow, might want to take a 4 x 4.  Lower lot is VERY muddy.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top