Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 5:16:20 PM EDT
Took the wife's car in for an Alignment and cooling flush.  They tell me that I need $1,000 in repairs.... Struts, Ball Joints, Strut Plate, tires etc....

Went and received a 2nd opinion and the new guy said everything was good but the tires.  Struts had already been replaced not to long ago.  What a SCAM...  

I am suprised they didn't tell me I needed Neon License Plate lights and a 3 inch lift kit and 33 inch tires.    Yeah, just what the wife needs in a 91 Pontiac Lesabre
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I sent an email to their Corporate Office.  
I  am sure they are not the only ones that scam.  This was their second chance with me.  I bought tires from Ken T several years ago.  I had a flat that should have been covered under warrenty and they told me it would be two days before they could get to it because they were doing the Firestone Explorer Recalls and were too busy.  I'm Done with them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:04:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Which one did you go ?

I have had nothing but decent luck with the Ken T on Nicholasville Rd in Lexington (I think there is more than one right?). Would be funny to take it to one and see what they say and then take it to another of the same brand and see if they agree without knowing who it was.  

I have a local guy does all my work now. I like to support the little guy and I can always bitch at them easier and the price is a little better.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:29:29 PM EDT
[#4]
The one I went to was on Bardstown Road across from the old movie Theater in Louisville..  Don't walk... RUN AWAY from them...

Got my car back today with 4 new tires and it rides like a champ.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I took my wife's Honda for a new set of tires. There was a coupon in the paper for a free alignment check with the purchase of four tires. They charged me $49.95 for an alignment. They said the toe-in was out.They also said I needed front brakes. I just put brakes on it 6 months ago , so when I got it home I wanted to check the brakes my self .I found out that my brakes were still like new and that they did not set the toe that they charged me 50.00 for . The tie rod ends were rusted . I took the car back to them and asked how they did it and the manager told me they tweeked it and would not give me my money back. That was the Ken Towerys on Preston and Fernvalley in Louisville I tell everyone to stay away from them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:55:34 AM EDT
[#6]
hmmm, must be the ville in y'all.  

I have a friend that owns Westport Auto Repair on Westport road. Good guy and could use business I am sure. Not out to screw you either.  His name is Steve.

Seriously, it must be the local management cause I have gone to the one in Lexy on Nicholasville several times and had real good dealings when i needed to have them do something.  Good to know to stay away from the 'ville ones.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:29:30 AM EDT
[#7]
All of these "mechanics" work on graft and what they can screw you out of.  Got the same screw at Big O and Firestone.  Had ball joints replaced when all I needed was an alignment, but they convinced the wife she would have a wreck if they were not replaced at 20k miles.  
Find a real mechanic that knows his stuff and you have to wait for an appointment.  Make him your friend for life and give him all of your business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top