Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 4:22:24 PM EDT
What kinda .223 do they have in stock? Still got the mixed headstamp boxed israeli stuff?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:15:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I was there last week.  They have many AR15's several used.  As far as ammo they had some loose stuff in an ammo can.  The ad said bright and shiney, but the box I looked had a lot of crud on it.

Their used Sig inventory was down to almost nothing.  Lots of used Glock 17 and 19.

Check out www.kyimports.com  but realize they don't update it very often.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Last week there was lots and lots of Kimbers.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I was there last week and picked up 2 cases of wolf . They always have it when I call them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Do they still act like asshats or have they straightend up?

The last time I was there, they were not very helpful....
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:29:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Remember that they deal with smaller gun shops most of the time, There store front is just a bonus we get for being local. As well they are not the brightest group out there when it comes to guns , they are sales men . they have always tried to work with me, they let me hold and play with as many guns as I want. They have even dropped me that sudden deal from time to time. I approach my dealing with them with the full knowledge that they are not who I want to ask about guns. I do feel like I'm doing something wrong when they make me wait by the outside door for the boy to bring my ammo.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:31:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I agree their help leaves you, well.... wanting. Apparently I know more about their inventory then the people who work up front or update their website do.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:00:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Remember that they deal with smaller gun shops most of the time, There store front is just a bonus we get for being local. As well they are not the brightest group out there when it comes to guns , they are sales men . they have always tried to work with me, they let me hold and play with as many guns as I want. They have even dropped me that sudden deal from time to time. I approach my dealing with them with the full knowledge that they are not who I want to ask about guns. I do feel like I'm doing something wrong when they make me wait by the outside door for the boy to bring my ammo.

Be that as it may, If I'm coming to spend my money, at the very least they can screw on a fracking smile and pretend that they care, even if they don't..

The carbon blobs that works there and the general lack of help/knowlage of the bone sacks there, is the reason I don't go there anymore...

I like Shooters Supply...yea they are high, but at least they are friendly and if you strike up a good rapore with them, you generally get a better deal.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:07:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I have seen my fair share of bull crap run through shooters as well.  The biggest thing i heave learned when dealing with any gun shop, is to do your own research on the product you are interested in. The price at shooters is high, I just don't think there friendly smile is worth the big mark up, and there knowledge ain't worth more then a cup of coffee. I'm not saying don't shop at either one, just saying don't listen to the crap that most gun dealers talk.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:27:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have seen my fair share of bull crap run through shooters as well.  The biggest thing i heave learned when dealing with any gun shop, is to do your own research on the product you are interested in. The price at shooters is high, I just don't think there friendly smile is worth the big mark up, and there knowledge ain't worth more then a cup of coffee. I'm not saying don't shop at either one, just saying don't listen to the crap that most gun dealers talk.

Let me tell you..I don't listen to the shit that any dealer talks.

However, at lest they are nice at Shooters....nice don't make me buy anything and I just go there to look...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL, they are great gun shops compared to the local guy here, i wont give that name as he is an alright guy. He knows nothing of gun laws, or service.

I should try to get a job at KYimports, or at least show them what is said about them on the web. Maybe they will get the clue and be a little more friendly.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:46:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Where is this KY Imports you speak of?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Off of Old Henry Road.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:07:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Off of Old Henry Road.

That helps a little.  I'm in Western KY.  Do they have a website?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:31:04 AM EDT
[#14]
www.kyimports.com

But they don't do a great job keeping it updated........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top