Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 11:10:32 AM EDT
Hey guys,I need to find someone near my area of Kentucky,who has soem land I can shoot on.
Im a nice guy,very safe-If I get hurt I wont sue.

I hate knobcreek,they wont even let you laydown.Please someone help me out,Im in new castle.

Anyone please.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#1]
New Castle as in Henry County?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes sir,where you at?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Come on guys,aint there anyone in my AO?I really need a local place to shoot,I got a EOtech that aint been sighted in.I got a 9mm I have had for 30days and have yet to shoot it.

I see you guys running around the other areas of the board,why not here?

I guess Ill be going to knob creek saturday morning?Anyone up to meet?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:34:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I shoot at knob weekly. I have seen many guys that lay down in prone and fire. I think it is one of the best ranges I have ever shot at.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I fire prone there all of the time. I just go to the far left side of the range away from the tables.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:53:13 AM EDT
[#6]
don't live in that area, we have land in Eastern Ky, but I live in Anderson Co. and use the Anderson County Sportsman Club.  If I lived near Louisville though, you bet I would be at Knob Creek...hey the MG shoot is only a  couple weeks away too.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:14:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey beaterAR, sorry a little off topic, but pretty much my entire family is originally from the New Castle area, first time I've seen someone from that area post here, nice.

I live in Lex but visit New Castle and Eminence regularly to see family members and such.  My Grandmother still has a farm by the golf course in New Castle but I haven't gone shooting there in a very long time, just too many cattle to deal with, and I'm afraid it would make my Uncle who runs the farm nervous

All my shooting is done these days at a local range in Wilmore.

Ahhh, but some of my fondest childhood times were spent with my Grandfather plinking with his .22 Marlin at frogs on the banks of their ponds, those were very good times.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I live right in New Castle,right by the henry county store.There are plenty of large farms out this way.Its a good little area,Im a transplant but I like it here.Do you ever go to Ronnies gun shop?Great guy,If your out this way alot,I urge you to do buisness with him.He is very easy to work with,and will order anything you want.Big city buisness is pretty ruff on the little guy.

Glad to see someone from the area,PM me sometime.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Every time I tryed,they said nope.I didnt go away from the tables,so ill have to try that nxt time.
I admit,knobcreek is about the best shooting range in this state.

Still it dont come close to a chunk of land that you can shoot on.

I tryed to sight my AR15 in at 200 yards at knob creek,I fired 3 shots,I ended up with a 5 shot group?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top