Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:21:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there bright and early, any special deals we cant live without!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:11:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Did anyone go besides me?
what was your opinion?

Thought it was the same old stuff pretty much. Cole distributing had tables full of M1 carbines starting at around 450 to 700 bucks.  Lots of militaria there but I didn't get time to look. Most dealers I talked to were saying sales were way down and very slow.  even at that, not many would make deals.

Essayons
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:27:20 AM EDT
[#4]
What you described is why I stopped going to the show.  $5 to park and $9 admission for overpriced stuff is not my idea of fun.    

Sometimes you can get deals from people walking around. Dealers pricing is typically high at the show compared to what you can get at the local shops.  

Bud's gun shop had some great deals last month during his sale and then Fayette's Sale is this week.  You will get more "Bang" for your buck at the shops in Lex....
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:30:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Yea, I went. But didnt find any bargins either. I should know better then to go the first morning, the bargins usally get better the end of the last day. Oh well, better luck next time!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:54:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I went on sunday morning, got a few things but I usually walk around and sell (like this time) but there were no biters (never had a problem before).

Been to FF lately but haven't seen anything different in the last couple of months, maybe you guys are all beating me to it.  Seems to have stagnated with the same consignment guns and not alot of much else used. (new guns don't interest me much).

Essayons
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:16:06 AM EDT
[#7]
The last time I did go to the Nat Gun Day show was on a Sunday around noon.  Many of the dealers were packing up and leaving.
What was left was table upon table of guns that were NOT for sale, display only or  tables of German Lugers or table of Swords.

As for FF's selection, it has been a bit slow, but I have been in several times over the summer and talk to them about taking in a  used gun and then sell it that day.  The ruger pistol I bought didn't even make it to the case, I got it within 30 min of it being traded in.   I plan on stopping in for the sale on Thursday.  
I am looking for a used Sig 226, .243 rifle or maybe a compact XD we will see......

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#8]
That gun show was a suck a'rama. Prices too high, rude ass dealers and non-dealers with tables and $10 freaking dollars to get in...I hope brillo pad head...well never mind

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top