Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 4:28:56 AM EDT
In my small town of Lawrenceburg, believe its a Kenny Woods one.

Sat/Sun during Labor day weekend.

First one in our small new Eagle Lake complex (at the corner of Hwy 151 and US 127)

Don't know how many vendors will be there but I will probably stop by early Saturday for a few minutes and maybe early Sunday if I can.

Essayons
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, why did you have to tell me that? That is not far from where I live. Oh well, I have to be way north IN. at 6am tomorrow and I have yet got ready to leave KY.

Keep us posted on the goodies there or lack of. Myabe Sunday for me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:50:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I went yesterday and may go back today just for the fun of it.

The promoter finally got on the ball with not charging women and kids. Maybe this will help bring in more traffic.  I had my two kids with me because I was on my way to my business and was going to get them to help me yesterday.  I got to the show and the guy said we don't charge for women or kids...(GREAT NEWS for those of us who drag family members along).

There were really more dealers than I thought would be here.  I guess around 50 or so (just an estimate) and there was stuff priced in all ranges.  Certainly there were quite a few knife collector dealers there as well. Not a whole lot of ammo and what was there was what you would find in a local gun shop.  Table I had most amazement at was GUN DEPOT guys out of Princeton Ky.  They had a good supply of garands, carbines, AR's, sks, variety of stuff.  Some people with newer handguns there and of course the Colt SAA and  $2K old west rifles were to be found.  That contrasted severely to the table full of saturday night specials (RG's and Lorcins) and another of ravens and jennings.  Like I said, something for everyone there it seemed like.

Pretty happy with it, we went really early and there was a good crowd, killed some time by going to the adjacent flea mall and by the time we left, it seemed to be really hopping.  Only downside seemed to be cramped table aisles but people were good about it.

My money was limited due to gas prices but I really wanted a Russian made sks the Gun depot guys had. One of the few makes not in my collection and it was priced ok.

Essayons
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:14:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the update,

I guess I may pass on going this time around. I was looking for ammo deals even though I can get better deals on the net.

Were there any HK91 mags there and cheap?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#4]
One in Louisville this weekend I think(?)

Steve

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#5]
saw some mags, no hk ones that I noted. I went today looking to see if there were any miltary style .45 holsters to be had in case I get set to NO.  Didn't see anything in the way of holsters much except some cheap china crap unfortunately.

Essayons
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:12:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
saw some mags, no hk ones that I noted.  Thanks for the note

I went today looking to see if there were any miltary style .45 holsters to be had in case I get set to NO.  Didn't see anything in the way of holsters much except some cheap china crap unfortunately.  figures

Essayons

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:50:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Fairgrounds in Louisville is having a show 10th and 11th Sept....  I have seen several bill boards.  Looks like the guy that does the National Gun Day Shows..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top