Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2005 9:58:44 PM EDT
We moved here about 6 months ago and haven't had a chance to find a good place to shoot yet.  We did look at the club near Columbia over in Adair County but were wondering if there was anything closer?  John
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I was born and raised on the Green/Metcalfe border.  I hate to tell you that the closest thing to you may be the Green County Sportsman's Club.  There's just not a whole lot going on in the area.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.  Are you still a member?  I tried to look them up google but can't find any info on them.
John
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope.  I live in Louisville now, but my parents still live there.  I believe the gun range is only 150 yards (I haven't been in about 8 years).
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I got to talk to someone in the club yesterday.  I'm not sure how long their range is but the range is only open a couple of days a week.  Looks like I'm better off joining the one in Adair or looking to see what they have over near Bowling Green.  John
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:03:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Barren River rod and gun club.
They have one meeting a month, trapshoots and they have a 100yrd rifle range.
and a 50yrd range. I set up closer targets for pistol.
Dues are  $22.00 a year.
Every meeting has a potluck dinner.
It is located in Barren County.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Firefinder,

I just got in contact with one of the officers this morning and they gave me some info on the club.  I drove out today to see if I could take a look at the range but as I found out you can't see anything from the gate.  I guess I got to the right place.  I took the 31E from the parkway, then turned right at the sign to the Narrows, 1318 I think it was.   I took a right at the Lucas store.  Then I took the first road to the left, I can't remember the name of it but it was a gravel road.  On that road there was a Y, a house was to the right and I took it to the left until I came to a gate with lock and chain on it.  We were thinking of going to the meeting next Thursday and joining but were hoping to get to see the range first.  Do you know if there is a time between now and then that we can find someone out there?   My wife was thinking of joining, are there other women in the club?  Do they have any restrictions on shooting mil-surplus rifles there, FMJ, anything like that?   Do you know what time the meeting is on THR?   John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top