Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2004 9:11:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Have a good time say hello to Troy Sellars at InRange.......take some pics of AK's, he usually has a couple there.....
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:42:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there Saturday. Not sure if I'm going to stay for the night shoot or not though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:20:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there wearing BDU pants, a gun shirt, and a ball cap. Look for me. Seriously, I never miss it and will be there saturday. I'll be the guy dragging two cans of 50bmg ammo back to the lower parking lot because I'm too cheap to pay for a mule.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I think I'll be hitting it on Friday instead of sat this time.  I'm anxious to see the no ban gun show tables.  With the expansion of the show barn, last spring's gun show was the best one I've seen there in many, many years.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think I'll be hitting it on Friday instead of sat this time.  I'm anxious to see the no ban gun show tables.  With the expansion of the show barn, last spring's gun show was the best one I've seen there in many, many years.

You're right about it being the best one yet. As far as vendors go it was really nice with the expanded pole barn. The only bad thing about the expansion is that they used small boulders and it makes walking a bit of a trick.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The only bad thing about the expansion is that they used small boulders and it makes walking a bit of a trick.

hehe, too true  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I am going to try and make it myself I have never been and realy want to go.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:07:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I am planning on going. Do you have to reserve camping spots or is it first come basis?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Rebel; camping spots are rented by the range. If you don't have one now; good luck!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Im goin, probably Friday, maybe Saturday, about 4 or 5 until it ends. Ive only been to the Fall shoots because the Spring shoot interferes with Spring Break. Ill be that one guy there, with the pants and the shirt, thats me
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Rebel; camping spots are rented by the range. If you don't have one now; good luck!

Also, if you're looking for a close motel room; ditto on the good luck. We usually stay in E-town and find rooms easily. You might stumble on one nearby but plan on 20 miles from the range for a room this late in the game.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Im looking to pickup a few K rounds of ammo. Last time, one guy had XM193 for 130/thousand!

Might try to find a .45 also, but not sure how I'll buy it since I'm not 21. Guess I'll just have to use the gun show loophole .

Last spring, now that I think about it, H&K had some reps with an XM-8 there, and they did their little demonstration (dipping in mud etc). Wonder if they'll be back.

later
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:43:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The only bad thing about the expansion is that they used small boulders and it makes walking a bit of a trick.

hehe, too true  

They've totally rebuilt the barn over the summer. The roof is higher, more lights were installed, and the whole deal is about 10-15 feet wider. I looked at it this past weekend and it didn't seem as crowded in the aisles. It's definately a heck of a lot brighter in there.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:02:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Hello folks!

My first post even though I have been lurking for quite some time.

I'll be going down with a fairly large group.  We do every year.  I bring all the cooking gear and food.  My friend's old man brings down the Humvee, GP Smalls, command tent, Mule, and other military gear.  We starting camping on Wednesday or Thursday.

We'll be arriving Thursday early afternoon after we hit the U.S. Cav sidewalk sale and begin setting up.

Forum members are more than welcome to stop by our campsite during the evening.  We'll have a huge fire.

Here is the location of the campsite (we have been in this spot for the past five events now that they converted a chunk of the campground into parking and helicopter rides):

For those of you familiar with The 'Creek, this overhead sat image file I put together be pretty familiar.
http://homepage.mac.com/thesw0rdofroland/.Pictures/me/knob-creek-camp-grounds.jpg

If you stop by ask for Stew.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I have my list made up. Only problem is I seem to be a few $$ short, wish list vs. pocket cash. I'll be there 0900ish. Ya can't miss me, I'll be the clean-cut guy in blue jeans and a t-shirt.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll be wearing tennis shoes, khaki cargo pants, and some random Tshirt with a blue backpack.

I'm 6'6", so just look for the head hovering above everyone else :)

Cracks me up everytime before a gunshow when i get cash from the bank and write a check for 1000 to 1500 bucks, and the teller double-takes the check, then has to scrape together 10s and 5s to get it all

I'll be there in the afternoon sometime, maybe 2 or 3. I'm planning on staying for the night shoot.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I went tonight, assuming there was a "shoot". Never been friday before, always been saturdays, come to find out the real shoot is saturday. Damn. I got 1k rounds of .223 for 140 tho
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top