Posted: 7/20/2004 2:35:10 PM EDT
Is there still a Boyd County Gun Club?

Other places to shoot around there?
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
No arfcomer's in Eastern KY?
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#2]
There is an Ashland Gun Club, they shoot IDPA and some other handgun shoots as well as cowboy action I believe. There ranges are short for rifle, they are mostly skeet and pistol. There is Northeast KY Fish and Game they are about 1200 members and shoot archery, trap, and have several rifle ranges, a pistol range and black powder cartridge range. They are both fine friendly clubs.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I was an officer with the Ashland Gun Club for several years before being transferred th OH in 2001.  I was a member at Northeast for many years too.

AGC is split between a skeet club and a practical pistol club.  The pistol club is active with monthly IPSC and bi-monthly IDPA matches.  They have fairly regular side shoots with ARs, subguns and assault shotguns.  Short range stuff . Very good group of folks.

NE is more splintered. They shoot a lot of trap, have a big group of blackpowder and archery people. Very nice ranges (out to 400 yrds), lots of members and cash but poor mgt and participation.  

In short, I'd recommend AGC if you are looking to compete with a very good "gun crowd".  NE if you just want a place to practice and plink.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 9:04:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

In short, I'd recommend AGC if you are looking to compete with a very good "gun crowd".  NE if you just want a place to practice and plink.  

I agree! (can you tell which I belong to?)

Ashland Gun Club
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:56:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Cool.

I am going to be visiting parents over labor day weekend and wanted to see if any ARFCOMers were i the area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top