Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2022 12:11:58 AM EDT
I am going to an event at the XL center. Is there an issue carrying there?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:39:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure if even with LEOSA it's okay to carry there.
They don't mention any exceptions for LEOs on their website.
Maybe someone else here can give you definitive answer.

"PROHIBITED ITEMS
ALL ITEMS brought into the arena are subject to inspection. For safety reasons the following list of items are not permitted in the arena and may be confiscated. Items that are confiscated will not be returned.

Weapons of any kind, including but not limited to: (guns, knives/pocketknives, multi-tools, chains, spikes, projectiles, tasers, mace/pepper spray)"

https://www.xlcenter.com/guest-services/faqs
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#2]
My BIL is CT LEO, he NEVER leaves his gun at home or in the truck, ever. Not sure about out of state Leo though.

He appendix carries and has his badge on his belt next to it. Shirt conceals both.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#3]
If there's no magnetometer just do your thing
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#4]
It's kinda ironic that these places have no weapons policies, but no way to check / enforce it. Almost like they want law abiding citizens to be a softer target.

I still carry in some places that have no weapons signs up. Concealed is concealed.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They have metal detectors. It states in FAQ on their website.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then best bet is to call venue security beforehand, explain you were planning on attending followed by a work obligation directly after, and wanted to inquire if there was a check in procedure or alt screening line as you didn't want to disturb anyone. You did not want to leave anything in your vehicle due to it being unattended.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#7]
FYI, They have full screening.  I spoke to the security supervisor by the door and they took me to the security office where they have lockers.  Better than leaving it in the car or driving thru Hartford unarmed.
I normally skip places with metal detectors but I couldn’t miss my daughter’s graduation.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:25:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
FYI, They have full screening.  I spoke to the security supervisor by the door and they took me to the security office where they have lockers.  Better than leaving it in the car or driving thru Hartford unarmed.
I normally skip places with metal detectors but I couldn't miss my daughter's graduation.
View Quote
Are the lockers for LEO only/did they want to see creds?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My mistake, I was thinking about the Convention center. Was there a couple months ago.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Are the lockers for LEO only/did they want to see creds?
View Quote

I proffered the creds.  I didn't ask if they would lock up guns for permit holders.  You could call them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top