Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2022 6:01:25 PM EDT
Am I the only involved here?

I've been involved locally for a decade and recently was elected to State Central (I guess I'm part of the "establishment"??)

State convention wrapped up without much issues except the US Senate race.
Looks like we'll have a 3 way primary with a Rino and 2 conservatives.
That being said I'm putting all my efforts towards Leora Levy as she's the only one of the two conservatives that has a chance of ousting Tricky Dick the commie.

Thoughts, questions?
Have at it.

Bob
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know anything about Leora Levy.  I saw her TV ad a few weeks ago.  She said the right stuff, but who knows.  Chances she unseats Blumenthal is about the same as me becoming wealthier than Elon Musk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leora_Levy

Bob Stefanowski has about as much TV personality as a carpet stain maybe even less.  Last time he had his daughters and presumably his ancient father in his TV commercials.  God they were awful commercials.

Link Posted: 5/12/2022 4:34:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Bob, I don't see  blummy getting beat by Klaudis.  Maybe his age will be a factor.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone but Democrats
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:34:47 AM EDT
[#4]
As much as I'd love to see Tricky Dicky and the rest of our Democratic party congress reps kicked to the curb and replaced with non left leaning people. I simply don't think the numbers are there to overcome the Democrat votes the large CT cities bring to the table each election. Far too many people simply walk in and vote D because its what they've always done, its what their friends and family have always done. It no longer matters what the candidate "stands for", its party ideology above all else. It's at it's core: tribal. To win one needs to get close to half or more of the unaffiliated voters to vote for them in addition to all Republicans and what ever few Democrats one can peal off. Not impossible but very difficult with the usual weak RINO candidates we see.

October 26, 2021 Registration and Enrollment Statistics

Democratic Party Active: 825,286
Republican Party Active: 463,656
Minor Party Active: 37,633
Unaffiliated Active: 930,963
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#5]
KONNECTICUT is toast. We All know it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I will always vote Republican, and haven't skipped a single election, but in CT, outside of local elections in few areas of the State, it's just a wasted vote. Sorry but it's the sad truth. I'm fortunate to live in mostly red area of the state, but who knows how much longer it will stay that way.
The answer is to move to a State where my vote will actually count to help keep it red. That's what bunch of my friends already did.
That's also the plan maybe for next year, depending on how things with my job play out.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 11:30:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I am involved too at local level, and I agree it's a steep uphill battle but not impossible. Look at VA, the traditionally blue suburbs voted Glen Youngkin in office.  But there were a lot of issues in the area, caused by leftist politics and people reacted an voted the other way.  There is no comparable wake up call here in CT, yet.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I think wake up call may happen this winter if heating oil prices continue to climb, but it will be after elections. Currently we are at $5.50 per gallon on average. I wouldn't be surprised if we hit $7 towards end of the year. This will wreck people financially in CT where over 50% of households uses oil for heat.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think wake up call may happen this winter if heating oil prices continue to climb, but it will be after elections. Currently we are at $5.50 per gallon on average. I wouldn't be surprised if we hit $7 towards end of the year. This will wreck people financially in CT where over 50% of households uses oil for heat.
View Quote

I'm sure there will be a miracle around election time that magically gets gas prices down for a while.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

How can there not be a Reckoning come heating & election season?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 2:50:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered heating oil today. It was $5.85 per gallon.

When I said fill-up, lady on the phone asked me if I'm sure. I said, yes because I'm pretty sure prices will continue to climb, so I want to fill up my heating oil tank now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How can there not be a Reckoning come heating & election season?
View Quote

Elections are held in the beginning of November. I think majority of the people don't turn on their heat until mid November. Prices will start to hurt during winter which is going to be after elections already. That's my prediction, I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Elections are held in the beginning of November. I think majority of the people don't turn on their heat until mid November. Prices will start to hurt during winter which is going to be after elections already. That's my prediction, I could be wrong.
View Quote

Don't those with oil heat usually lock in their price around September or October?

Also for gasoline, Memorial Day and Labor Day fuel pricing is likely to be a shocker for anyone traveling on vacation. Also know some who are curtailing/consolidating their summer vacation plans because of the high fuel prices.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Don't those with oil heat usually lock in their price around September or October?

Also for gasoline, Memorial Day and Labor Day fuel pricing is likely to be a shocker for anyone traveling on vacation. Also know some who are curtailing/consolidating their summer vacation plans because of the high fuel prices.
View Quote

I forgot about locking the price. Never tried it. I just pay whatever it costs at the time. I assume you need a contract of some sort to lock your price for a year.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I forgot about locking the price. Never tried it. I just pay whatever it costs at the time. I assume you need a contract of some sort to lock your price for a year.
View Quote

I locked the price last September at 2.60.  But I don't think the prices will come down enough to justify locking for next winter.  And this may be a partial awakening for CT.  We will see.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
And this may be a partial awakening for CT.  We will see.
View Quote

I've long wondered what it would take to get the hordes of CT city folk to stop voting Democrat. Gas prices may not be the trigger for some or many of them if they don't' drive or if they take public transport. Generally in the cities (top five used as an example below) Democrats tend to significantly outnumber Republicans and most times outnumber Unaffiliated. (2021 Oct registration)

Bridgeport
Republican Active: 4,477
Democrat Active: 42,405
Unaffilated Active: 21,901

Hartford
Republican Active: 2,509
Democrat Active: 38,866
Unaffiliated Active: 20,336

New Haven
Republican Active: 2,655
Democrat Active: 36,526
Unaffiliated Active: 16,513

Stamford
Republican Active: 13,383
Democrat Active: 31,515
Unaffiliated Active: 27,683

Waterbury
Republican Active: 7,311
Democrat Active: 22,820
Unaffiliated Active: 23,418
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I've long wondered what it would take to get the hordes of CT city folk to stop voting Democrat. Gas prices may not be the trigger for some or many of them if they don't' drive or if they take public transport. Generally in the cities (top five used as an example below) Democrats tend to significantly outnumber Republicans and most times outnumber Unaffiliated. (2021 Oct registration)

Bridgeport

Hartford

New Haven

Stamford

Waterbury
View Quote

I find it funny how each of the cities listed here is a shit hole, with the exception of Stamford lol.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:02:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Bridgeport

Hartford

New Haven

Stamford

Waterbury
View Quote

Me thinks the huge differences are mostly due to harvested registrations and subsequently harvested votes since identity politics reign supreme at those places. If people are interested to know what's best for them in the slightest, then some ought to wake up.  But then again many are in real hibernation year in year out.  We shall see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top