Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2022 8:55:29 PM EDT
Are ballistic helmets sales subject to the same restrictions as body armor in CT?  I am talking about the idiotic law whereby you can purchase body armor in-person only (not online).
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:44:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd assume so if the helmet "provide bullet penetration resistance". Per the law, it defines what is "body armor":

Sec. 53-341b. Sale or delivery of body armor restricted.

(c) As used in this section, “body armor” means any material designed to be worn on the body and to provide bullet penetration resistance.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd assume so if the helmet "provide bullet penetration resistance". Per the law, it defines what is "body armor":

Sec. 53-341b. Sale or delivery of body armor restricted.

(c) As used in this section, “body armor” means any material designed to be worn on the body and to provide bullet penetration resistance.
View Quote

Yup, I expected as much. Mind boggling, the only state in the Union with such an idiotic law. Even beats CA and NY.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yup, I expected as much. Mind boggling, the only state in the Union with such an idiotic law. Even beats CA and NY.
View Quote

Some take a road trip to NH and hit up the Body Armor Outlet (I think that's the name of the place) for their body armor needs.
https://www.bodyarmoroutlet.com/collections/ballistic-helmets
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered a Team Wendy bump helmet from opticsplanet. No issue. However they would not ship a ballistic helmet if I wanted one because it's considered armor.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:35:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Beginner to Advanced Helmet Setups. Becoming deadly with your gear PT 1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top