Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2022 12:21:36 AM EDT
Some of you may remember me from my thread about helping an elderly collector getting his collection ready for sale. The collection is almost ready and we are looking to get some video of his machine guns running properly. Are there any ranges around the Watertown or Southbury areas that allow machine guns?
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 1:18:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Private land or Metacon?

ETA: I know of a guy in Watertown that may let you shoot them on his farm. But I'd like to be invited
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:42:44 AM EDT
[#2]
If you can't find a spot, let me know. I'm in New Milford and on private land.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 9:34:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Correct on Metacon, but you'll likely never get a chance to grab a membership.  The wait list is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG and we'll probably all be dead before it ever clears.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 12:13:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the private land offers. I might have to take one of you up on your offers. The main reason that I am looking for an indoor range is because of the weather. Because I only get up there once a month and they are hitting the market towards the end of the month, an indoor range is what I am mostly looking for. I don't want to get covered in rain if the weather doesn't cooperate.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:03:41 AM EDT
[#5]
The range in Norwalk and the range in Torrington both allow machine guns.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Delta rents machine guns so.........
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Delta rents machine guns so.........
View Quote

Delta only allows up to 7.62x39. I need a range that will allow 7.62x51 from a HK51, G3 and Valmet 78.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Delta only allows up to 7.62x39. I need a range that will allow 7.62x51 from a HK51, G3 and Valmet 78.
View Quote

The range in Norwalk allows those calibers.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The range in Norwalk allows those calibers.
View Quote

I talked with them earlier today. It looks like that's where I'll be heading.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I talked with them earlier today. It looks like that's where I'll be heading.
View Quote

If you want an outdoor range, send me a pm over the summer. I have a range at a club I am a member of
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#11]
We ended up going to Fairfield County Firearms & Archery in Norwalk. It was pretty funny to hear everything go quiet every time I let a burst rip from the HK51 or Mac 10. I don't think most of the guys in there had ever seen a machine gun fired. Thanks for the suggestions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top