Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2022 10:10:11 AM EDT
I know this has been asked a long time ago but I get conflicting answers from every shop I go to still. To make this as simple of a question as possible, does an AR that was purchased post 1994 and pre 2013, we can use 2010 as an example, need to abide by the pre 2013 laws for number of features or can it now have all the features….collapsible stock, FH, etc?

Yes this firearm has an AW certificate from 2013.

No pistol or others questions so please leave those comments out.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#1]
AW cert means go wild. Even SBR if you want.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#2]
It's already been deemed an Assault Weapon and certified to the fact.
You can't make it any more "assaulty", but I dare you to try
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#3]
This was my logic as well. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 6:16:47 AM EDT
[#4]
As others have indicated the general consensus, with the laws as currently written, is that once one has a firearm registered as an assault weapon (certificate of possession) one cannot make it any more assualty. Hence one can add any of the other banned features to it (collapsible stock, flash hider, etc.). That which isn't expressly prohibited by this state's idiotic firearm laws are supposed to be legal (theoretically ).
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I would just suggest you don't attach a bipod as the damn thing can wonder about on its own and assault people without you even knowing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top