Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2022 5:48:10 PM EDT
Have a single-shot, bolt action pistol with a 10-1/2" barrel, that currently has a wood pisto grip stock. Caliber is 22 Magnum.

Can I legally add a chassis with a brace?

Will I have to make sure I stay under the 26" length and u der a certain weight? Or is it good to go regardless?

For reference, the pistol is a Chipmunk Hunter Pistol. Looks like someone else thought of the same thing as me already, but wanted to make sure it would be okay in CT here.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:33:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Barrel needs to be at least 12” for an other.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Barrel needs to be at least 12" for an other.
View Quote
Yes but he should be fine not trying to make an Other, an Other is to get around assault features, this is a bolt action
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 6:53:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes but he should be fine not trying to make an Other, an Other is to get around assault features, this is a bolt action
View Quote

Thanks for confirming I'm an idiot  
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 7:18:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Correct, not looking to make an other.

Wasn't sure what the legality of adding a pistol brace to an existing pistol was. Like if I need to worry about the OAL or total weight.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's Monday, we have plenty of time this week
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It should be perfectly legal until at least August
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/4/2022 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not a lawyer, but I don't know of any CT restrictions on bolt action firearms other than magazine capacity, which should mean abide by federal laws and you're all set.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#9]
why wouldn't a short barreled bolt action rifle be treated same as a short barreled shotgun?  I thought the ATF "problem" has always been the short barrel concealability (for long arms).
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 10:22:10 PM EDT
[#10]
From what I understand the OP has a pistol not a long gun and is adding a "brace" not a "stock", so not a SBR
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
why wouldn't a short barreled bolt action rifle be treated same as a short barreled shotgun?  I thought the ATF "problem" has always been the short barrel concealability (for long arms).
View Quote

It's not a rifle, it's a pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top