Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2021 5:28:33 PM EDT
Looks like Hoffmans had another robbery last night involving a vehicle being used to ram into the building to gain entrance.

Man crashes SUV through front door of Newington gun shop, steals handguns: police
https://www.fox61.com/article/news/crime/crash-newington-police-gun-store-handguns/520-3b6b02b8-b7db-41f4-8e5e-4e3f0ebb3fcf

Police said the suspect used a Nissan Rogue to crash into the gun shop.

Newington police are looking for a suspect who they said crashed his SUV into the front door of Hoffman's Gun Center and stole several handguns early Tuesday.

Police said they were called to the gun store for a burglary alarm around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday morning. Police said someone had crashed through the front door of the business at 2686 Berlin Turnpike, Newington with a Nissan Rogue.

Police described the operator of the SUV as a heavy-set male approximately 6’3” wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt, gray sweatpants, white sneakers, and a black facemask.

Police said the suspect stole several handguns before fleeing on foot.

Anyone with information about the burglary is asked to call the Newington Police Department at (860) 666-8445.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty disgusting mischaracterization of what happened. Guy was just trying to find parking.

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Always wanted front door parking, this guy got there early though !
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Heard there was a deal on ammo...
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:25:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thieves suck.

I'm guessing the parking space in front of the doors wtill wind up with  +1,000lbs of concrete planter, dirt, and possibly vegetation.

ETA:  yes, parking spots reduced yet again.
View Quote

I like what 111 Elite Firearms did.
Concrete barrier directly in front of the entrance and also those thick steel poles designed to stop a vehicle (forgot how it's called).
No parking spots lost. They installed it where the curb normally would have been.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 5:13:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Suprised this doesn't happen more often.
Exterior walls are pretty flimsy.  One Icy day, I slid into a house and created a new doorway in my Honda Fit. Was doing about 5mph.  Could have drove away with the damage to my car.

Even with the bars, most are just showpieces & feel good measures. Much like most gun safes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 7:57:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I like what 111 Elite Firearms did.
Concrete barrier directly in front of the entrance and also those thick steel poles designed to stop a vehicle (forgot how it's called).
No parking spots lost. They installed it where the curb normally would have been.
View Quote

Bollards. Kind of surprised they didn't have them after incident at their old location down the street.

Not going to be surprised if insurance companies or towns or even the state start mandating bollards and large concrete barriers at the entry points as a requirement. Seems quite a few stores have been robbed this way. Woodbridge Firearms had it happen as well.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Suprised this doesn't happen more often.
Exterior walls are pretty flimsy.  One Icy day, I slid into a house and created a new doorway in my Honda Fit. Was doing about 5mph.  Could have drove away with the damage to my car.

Even with the bars, most are just showpieces & feel good measures. Much like most gun safes.
View Quote

Much like the commercial door locks on everybodies homes.

Hard to stop a determined criminal.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hard to stop a determined criminal.
View Quote

Eons ago I worked in a Ski Shop that was burglarized. The thieves climbed on the roof and used a chainsaw to cut access into the attic.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 6:43:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Eons ago I worked in a Ski Shop that was burglarized. The thieves climbed on the roof and used a chainsaw to cut access into the attic.
View Quote

Robbing a ski shop?
Attachment Attached File

Seriously what did they steal? Just money or were they after something else?
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Robbing a ski shop?
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/butWhy-734.gif

View Quote

Ski equipment is very expensive and easy to unload via FB, Ebay, etc. Not to mention the 1k plus jackets.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Criminals went through the roof of a drug warehouse in town.  It helped they had an inside guy to disable the security system once inside.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/10/2021 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Robbing a ski shop?

View Quote

Expedition quality geodesic tents, sleeping bags, Ice axes, pitons, kernmantle climbing ropes, carabiners, ascenders, figure 8 descenders and perhaps some ski stuff.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Expedition quality geodesic tents, sleeping bags, Ice axes, pitons, kernmantle climbing ropes, carabiners, ascenders, figure 8 descenders and perhaps some ski stuff.
View Quote

Yep $$$$$$$$$$$ right there.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Don't you know how expensive ski wax is?!?!
View Quote

As someone who spent many, many years on the slopes and god knows how much on ski passes and gear I know full well how expensive ski wax is. Just surprised someone would go to such lengths to steal such gear since it's typically a specialty item that one would think would be somewhat easy to track on the fleebay sites.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 11:16:17 PM EDT
[#17]
He probably just didn't like the parking
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top