Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2021 6:53:19 PM EDT
Hi I’m an out of state resident and have a family member that lives in CT. They have their concealed permit and own a few firearms. They are having trouble sourcing ammo for some of their guns. Can I legally ship some ammo to them via UPS?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi I’m an out of state resident and have a family member that lives in CT. They have their concealed permit and own a few firearms. They are having trouble sourcing ammo for some of their guns. Can I legally ship some ammo to them via UPS?

Thanks!
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes you can legally ship them the ammo. When "selling" ammo within CT one is supposed to ask to see the relevant permit or certificate to purchase ammo. OUt of state sellers vary on asking for the permit/cert. Most online ammo sellers will want the permit/cert faxed or email to them. If you want to read CT's stupid ammunition sale law see the following link: Sec. 29-38m. Sale of ammunition or ammunition magazine.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes you can legally ship them the ammo. When "selling" ammo within CT one is supposed to ask to see the relevant permit or certificate to purchase ammo. OUt of state sellers vary on asking for the permit/cert. Most online ammo sellers will want the permit/cert faxed or email to them. If you want to read CT's stupid ammunition sale law see the following link: Sec. 29-38m. Sale of ammunition or ammunition magazine.
View Quote

Thanks that’s helpful! So as I’m not selling and more of just giving it to him I’m guessing it should be ok.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 6:16:31 AM EDT
[#4]
It took me literally 20 minutes to read your post this morning. Could not take my eyes off of you avatar...
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:39:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks that’s helpful! So as I’m not selling and more of just giving it to him I’m guessing it should be ok.
View Quote

Correct. If just giving someone ammo (no monetary compensation in return) one doesn't need to see their CT permit/cert for buying ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top