Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2021 11:01:37 AM EDT
Called a guy in the Bargain News last Sunday about a pickup truck.  Asked him if it was still for sale.  He said yes.  Looked like a fair deal.  Told me come and look at it and gave me directions.  I said I'm about 45 minutes away, leaving now.  Got there and the guy is standing in the yard and tells me when I pull up that somebody is out test driving it and if they don't buy it he'll give me a call.  Now I got steam coming out of my ears.  I said seriously, I tell you I'm on my way, and you can't give me the 45 minutes to get here?  Completely waste my time?  What is wrong with people?
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 8:52:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Guy's an idiot. He should have let you two bid it out.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Not to take his side, but what if you looked at it and didn't buy it and the other guy did.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not to take his side, but what if you looked at it and didn't buy it and the other guy did.
View Quote

The whole point here, the guy says to me, yeah it's still here for sale, come out and look at it.  Told the guy I was on my way, and would be there in 45 minutes.  If the guy can't give me 45 minutes he's a dick.  I was on my way and drove out there for nothing.  Tell the other guy I have somebody coming to look at it, he's ahead of you and if he's not here in an hour, take it out for a test drive.  I would never in my life dick somebody over like that.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The whole point here, the guy says to me, yeah it's still here for sale, come out and look at it.  Told the guy I was on my way, and would be there in 45 minutes.  If the guy can't give me 45 minutes he's a dick.  I was on my way and drove out there for nothing.  Tell the other guy I have somebody coming to look at it, he's ahead of you and if he's not here in an hour, take it out for a test drive.  I would never in my life dick somebody over like that.
View Quote

Would a car dealer do that?
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Would a car dealer do that?
View Quote

I actually had a car dealership do that to me. Called Framinhgam (MA) Ford, “Is 2018 F250 #X available?”.

“Yeah, its here.”

“You’re 2 hours away from me. Is there anything about the truck not obvious in the ad photos? I dont want to find out the bed was used to catch falling rocks or something.”

“Nope, 5000 miles, it was a lease. Basically brand new.”

“Ok, see you in two hours.”

-drives two hours just in time to watch it drive off the lot.-

I took my dad with me so he could drive my old truck home. As were pulling in I pointed at it and said “the one Im picking up looks just like that one.”

Ha

I wasnt pissed but the guy I talked to wasnt the guy who sold it. If I was OP Id be mad.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I went to buy a jet ski off of bargain news years ago. It was in wells river mass, so a few hours away. Back then we didn't have gps on phones or cars so mapquest was the only way.  I remember the address the guy gave me didn't come up on mapquest, just the street. I asked the seller about this and and didn't have an explanation, just look for the number on the mail box and he will be out front with the jetski.  I go to the street , couldn't find it. Did about 10 loops, couldn't find it.  Called the number countless times without a pick up. Stopped and asked a neighbor where the house was and they said it didn't exist.

I still to this day don't know what that was about.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 6:51:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I went to buy a jet ski off of bargain news years ago. It was in wells river mass, so a few hours away. Back then we didn't have gps on phones or cars so mapquest was the only way.  I remember the address the guy gave me didn't come up on mapquest, just the street. I asked the seller about this and and didn't have an explanation, just look for the number on the mail box and he will be out front with the jetski.  I go to the street , couldn't find it. Did about 10 loops, couldn't find it.  Called the number countless times without a pick up. Stopped and asked a neighbor where the house was and they said it didn't exist.

I still to this day don't know what that was about.
View Quote

Did you make him an offer over the phone that he was not impressed with?
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Did you make him an offer over the phone that he was not impressed with?
View Quote

Nah, I didn’t make any offer. It was actually a good deal, maybe too good to be true .
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 3:15:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nah, I didn’t make any offer. It was actually a good deal, maybe too good to be true .
View Quote

I saw some text message meme where the guy gave him directions to a strip club so he could shake his ass to get the rest of the money for the asking price. That is why I asked
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top