Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2021 7:20:33 AM EDT
No masks required for fully vaccinated people indoors starting Wednesday, Gov. says
https://www.wtnh.com/news/health/coronavirus/gov-lamont-to-clarify-new-state-mask-mandates-as-more-chain-businesses-ditch-requirements/

As the CDC declared last week that fully vaccinated people can ditch masks in most cases, more national chains and local businesses are dropping the mask requirements. Connecticut as a whole is going in a similar direction.

Following new CDC guidelines, Governor Ned Lamont says fully vaccinated people do not have to wear masks indoors starting Wednesday. Exceptions to that rule include schools, congregate care settings and public transit. Private businesses can implement their own policies on whether workers and customers need to work masks inside.

The varying policies are creating some confusion. Businesses are currently busy talking to their own staff and customers to determine what works for them.

Big box retailers like Walmart, Target, CVS and Starbucks all say fully vaccinated people can go maskless.

Locally, small businesses are taking a nuanced approach.

At Del Soul Spa in Newington, owner Katie Kiss is doing everything she can to maintain a relaxing but safe environment.

“We’re not requiring anyone that has been fully vaccinated to wear a mask in our space,” said Kiss, adding, “If a client comes in and wants a masked service we will be happy to oblige with that.”

Regular customer Christina says she’ll choose to stay masked, but feels safe as the salon relaxes restrictions.

“They’re protecting themselves and everyone who comes here so I feel very comfortable coming here,” said Christina.

At La Fortuna in Stratford, customers have long loved the handmade plexiglass dividers. Those will stay up for now, there will be individual menus again and servers will be fully vaccinated and masked. But vaccinated customers can decide for themselves how they feel most comfortable.

“For [fully vaccinated] customers, it’s their decision whether they want to wear masks based on CDC guidelines,” said Alex Gjeka of La Fortuna Bar & Restaurant.

Fully vaxxed and catching a Yard Goats game? You can keep your mask off.

Do you work or go to school at Quinnipiac University? Keep your masks on.

Going grocery shopping? Masks on at Stew Leonards, for now.

“At Stew’s, we’re going slow and just monitor it and make a decision based on day-to-day what customers are saying,” said Stew Leonard Jr. at the Governor’s daily press briefing.

So—How will businesses know if you’re fully vaccinated?

It will all be based on the honor system. You’ll have to decide for yourself if you have faith in your neighbor.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 9:12:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 11:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And that's how CT goes from 70ish% to 99.99% "yes I'm vaccinated" in one night
View Quote

Exactly. But you know the Karens will be out in force demanding your papers.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 6:31:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Executive Order No. 12 (5/18/2021)
https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/Office-of-the-Governor/Executive-Orders/Lamont-Executive-Orders/Executive-Order-No-12.pdf

NOW, THEREFORE, I, NED LAMONT, Governor of the State of Connecticut, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the State of Connecticut, do hereby

ORDER AND DIRECT:

1. Executive Order No. 7NNN, Section 1 is repealed. Effective immediately, any person while indoors in a public place who does not maintain a safe social distance of approximately six feet from every other person and who is not fully vaccinated for COVID-19 shall cover their mouth and nose with a mask or cloth face covering. A person shall be considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving the final recommended dose of a vaccine approved for use against COVID-19 by U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or as otherwise defined by the Centers for Disease Control. In addition, all persons shall use masks or cloth face coverings in any taxi, car, livery, ride-sharing or similar service, commercial aircraft, or any means of mass public transit, or while within any airport, bus or train station, enclosed transit stop or waiting area, homeless shelter or correctional facility.

a. Nothing in this order shall require the use of a mask or cloth face covering by anyone for whom doing so would be contrary to his or her health or safety because of a medical condition, behavioral condition, or disability, or anyone under the age of 2 years. Any person who declines to wear a mask or face covering because of a medical condition, behavioral condition, or disability shall be exempt from this order and any requirement to wear masks or face coverings promulgated in or pursuant to any COVID-19 Order, but only if such person provides written documentation that the person is qualified for the exemption from a licensed or certified medical provider, psychologist, marriage and family therapist, professional counselor, social worker, or behavior analyst, the Department of Developmental Services or other state agency that provides or supports services for people with emotional, intellectual or physical disabilities, or a person authorized by any such agency. Such documentation shall not be required to name or describe the condition that qualifies the person for the exemption.

b. Masks shall not be required while eating or drinking.

c. This order shall supersede and preempt any current or future municipal order whenever such order conflicts with this order.

d. Any business, nonprofit organization, property owner, healthcare facility or office, or state, regional, or municipal government or agency may require, subject to the exceptions in subsection 1(a) of this order, the universal use of masks or face coverings or require staff to wear masks in settings under their ownership or control, including, but not limited to, healthcare facilities, offices, places of public accommodation, public venues, or public meetings.

e. Nothing in this order shall limit the authority of the Commissioner of Education or the Commissioner of Early Childhood to issue operational rules, including but not limited to mask or face covering requirements, pursuant to Executive Order No. 9, Section 1.

This order shall take effect immediately and remain in effect through July 20, 2021 unless earlier modified or terminated.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 7:20:12 AM EDT
[#4]
So let me get this straight...

If you have the vaccine or not, it's based on the honor system....

But if you have a medical exception, you need to carry a written permission slip from a doctor?

And yet children still need to stay masked in schools...
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Was just at the Enfield Costco enjoying a mask-free shopping experience.  90% of the people in there were still wearing masks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#6]
just went shopping no mask- i haven't worn one in a long time! no hassle! I dont speak english so I am able to avoid a lot of conversations with people.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 5:55:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
just went shopping no mask- i haven't worn one in a long time! no hassle! I dont speak english so I am able to avoid a lot of conversations with people.
View Quote

Que?
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Guidance document from the Connecticut Department of Public Health on the state's updated mask and face covering requirements
https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/Coronavirus/Community_Resources/Vaccinations/Print-Materials/Fact-Sheets/COVID_Rules_Vaccinated.pdf
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Was just at the Enfield Costco enjoying a mask-free shopping experience.  90% of the people in there were still wearing masks.
View Quote

Thats my spot yo.   Went to PF this morning to workout and no masks required in the gym now too thank god.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top