Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2021 12:54:41 PM EDT
New Haven PD hosting annual gun buy-back event Saturday
https://www.wtnh.com/news/connecticut/new-haven/new-haven-pd-hosting-annual-gun-buy-back-event-saturday/

The New Haven police are trying to put a dent in gun violence. The department’s annual gun buy-back event is happening Saturday, April 17, and city officials will formally announce the event Tuesday afternoon.

You can drop off your unwanted guns at the New Haven Police Academy from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; no ID required.

The city will give you a gift card in exchange for your gun.

This will be a drive-up/drop-off event; people dropping off weapons will remain in their vehicles to minimize exposure to COVID-19. Guns must be delivered unloaded in clear plastic bags. Ammunition must be placed in a separate bag.

New Haven police said getting guns out of the home reduces the risk of suicide, accidental shootings and domestic violence.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:59:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder how much?
Bridgeport has a rolling program. $200 in gift cards per long gun. gift cards are Visa and Stop&Shop
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#2]
What stops an enterprising FFL from setting up across the street?

Also, BRB may make some slam fire pipe shotguns to get giftcards for.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#3]
how much for pistols? I have a piece of shit jennings 9 I have been debating on bringing to one of these things lol
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
how much for pistols? I have a piece of shit jennings 9 I have been debating on bringing to one of these things lol
View Quote

Fify dolla
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top