Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2016 1:41:05 PM EDT
In light of the recent terrorist attack there are a lot of potential new gun owners.

The LGBT community has accomplished in the last 20 years what we 2A defenders can only dream of.

They now are looking to defend themselves. Let's get this group on our side as we can use all the help we can get.

Contact [email protected] to get added to the map of people willing to show newbies how to shoot. Send name/business name and contact info, ie. email address.

You do NOT need to be a formal trainer, just willing to supply some ammo and time.

I think it is a worthwhile cause. Anytime we have the opportunity to convert Americans to "our" side we should take advantage of it.

Who cares if they are gay? You are not going to get me to switch teams.

I have added my name and encourage all of us to do so. We need more supporters of our gun rights and even more so in our state.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#1]
That's cool. I've got a few gay aunts from my wife's family. Love them to death, really great people. Would love to teach them to shoot. We'll see.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 4:56:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Emailed her.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent an email, what exactly do you have in mind?
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Well since they are gay I am sure they will like Glocks.

I am not an instructor just an enthusiast. I will do just like I did with my non-gun loving friend. Take a .22LR and 9mm pistol to show how to shoot handguns.

I will bring AR15 for rifle.

I need to pick up a .22 rifle someday.

We will spend some time on safety, then load some dummy rounds and practice with dummy rounds. Then move to live fire.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I made a similar offer on my personal FB page, definitely on board for this too. No centerfire handgun or rifle yet - but a .22 pistol, .22 rifle, and a 12 gauge have served me very well introducing lots of newbie friends to shooting.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Always good to get some new people to the range.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I signed up through the GD thread on the topic. There is a Facebook sign up also where you can enter in a general area if you choose to. Groton/New London area if anyone has a model train set and perhaps a fruit plate!

In all seriousness, I was not real keen on the FB aspect of this, but it is time to take a stand. Enough with the anonymity of being a closet gun owner,(my coming out, if you will!), now is the time to embrace our heritage and rights and stand up with our fellow citizens. We may not all agree on political leanings or lifestyles, but we are all Americans and enjoy the same rights and should be able to defend ourselves when attacked by a ruthless enemy. If this movement gains steam, as it looks it might, there will likely be a very public aspect to this. Be prepared for that and have some basic talking points thought out if approached by media or curious persons at a range or while training.

This idea has also inspired me to get an NRA certification to train people. After 20 or so years using firearms for hunting and sport, I have a lot to offer, might as well make it official.

All of you guys on this forum have some pretty good knowledge to share also. Be smart about it if you choose to get involved and be careful.

This is a tremendous opportunity to bring a passionate electorate over to our side if we play our cards right. At worst maybe the question will be asked: "Just who really is looking our for my rights?"

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I signed up through the GD thread on the topic. There is a Facebook sign up also where you can enter in a general area if you choose to. Groton/New London area if anyone has a model train set and perhaps a fruit plate!

In all seriousness, I was not real keen on the FB aspect of this, but it is time to take a stand. Enough with the anonymity of being a closet gun owner,(my coming out, if you will!), now is the time to embrace our heritage and rights and stand up with our fellow citizens. We may not all agree on political leanings or lifestyles, but we are all Americans and enjoy the same rights and should be able to defend ourselves when attacked by a ruthless enemy. If this movement gains steam, as it looks it might, there will likely be a very public aspect to this. Be prepared for that and have some basic talking points thought out if approached by media or curious persons at a range or while training.

This idea has also inspired me to get an NRA certification to train people. After 20 or so years using firearms for hunting and sport, I have a lot to offer, might as well make it official.

All of you guys on this forum have some pretty good knowledge to share also. Be smart about it if you choose to get involved and be careful.

This is a tremendous opportunity to bring a passionate electorate over to our side if we play our cards right. At worst maybe the question will be asked: "Just who really is looking our for my rights?"

View Quote

I don't get the reference. Care to explain?

Regardless of sexual orientation, race or even religion we need every American citizen on our side.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 6:58:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Regardless of sexual orientation, race or even religion we need every American citizen on our side.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a thread a while back where a member was being trolled by a supposed gay person, and those were his offerings, so to speak.

Yes, I agree the more people who take up the banner of personal responsibility, the more will be awakened to what is happening to our country.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only like glocks on the weekends so it ok.

I always teach new people the same way. They get 1911 with .22 conversion then the G34 to get a taste of center fire pistol.
For rifle they get .22 from the bench by way of 10/22 then move to AR with .22 conversion from the bench to show how similar they are. Then I let them shoot .223 from the AR to feel how little recoil it actually produces. They all comment on how loud they are, rifle loudness is always something that is a struggle to get people over.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I've always helped noobs out.

Some people I offer to take to the range, some I just help when I see the suck.

I don't care what race/sex/sexual preference/etc.

~g
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#12]
For anyone in central CT who wants to learn about shooting, Metacon Gun Club has a program called "Friends of Metacon" which takes place every fourth Saturday of the month.  Qualified and experienced instructors are available to instruct guests in the basics of shooting pistols and there is ammo, pistols, eye and ear protection available.  LGBT or not, everyone is welcome.

More info is available here:  http://www.metacongunclub.com/discipline/friends-of-metacon/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top