Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2016 12:07:09 AM EDT
6/19/2016

Let's make record purchases today of guns, ammo, accessories, and whatever you can reasonably afford.

<title edit, profanity removed... andrapos>
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 5:54:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
6/19/2016

Let's make record purchases today of guns, ammo, accessories, and whatever you can reasonably afford.

View Quote

Every day should be F* Malloy day
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:07:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm going shopping!
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#3]
FDM

lol
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Gun counter at Cabelas was packed. Lots of folks in the "museum"
Unfortunately, I left empty handed. I went in for 22's, powder and bullets and none of my preferred options for the day were in stock. Plenty of OTHER options, but not what I was after unfortunately.

They had some of those very expensive "bolt action" AR looking rifles. Are those actually selling? Once you have to manually cycle a bolt it just seems like there are so many better options. Particularly when you are looking at well over 1k minimum for one of those.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I was in CT Sporting Arms in North Branford and bought a used semi pistol . Store was packed and had three folks doing transfers with other folks waiting
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unfortunately, I left empty handed. I went in for 22's, powder and bullets and none of my preferred options for the day were in stock. Plenty of OTHER options, but not what I was after unfortunately.

They had some of those very expensive "bolt action" AR looking rifles. Are those actually selling? Once you have to manually cycle a bolt it just seems like there are so many better options. Particularly when you are looking at well over 1k minimum for one of those.
View Quote

I was there on thursday and a guy was actually buying one.  I walked by to check out their prices on a few things and he kept saying "well its the best thing a law abiding citizen can buy in this state"
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I was there on thursday and a guy was actually buying one.  I walked by to check out their prices on a few things and he kept saying "well its the best thing a law abiding citizen can buy in this state"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel like you should have went Babu on him with your finger!
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking about it!!  I was rushing around to get what I went there for as I had to be somewhere after I left or I would of educated him.  Obviously the guy at the counter wasn't going to say anything.

And so a fool and his money have parted ways.....
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I am way too far from Cabelas to stop by and see what kind of bolt action AR rifle you guys are talking about.  Are you referring to the Ruger precision rifle?
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:44:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am way too far from Cabelas to stop by and see what kind of bolt action AR rifle you guys are talking about.  Are you referring to the Ruger precision rifle?
View Quote

No, not the RPR.  That is actually cool.

Pretty sure its this.  

http://www.cabelas.com/product/POF-REVOLT-BOLT-ACTION-RIFLES/2031061.uts
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Pretty sure its this.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure its this.  

Ouch! Bud's sells that gun for $1787.05.

That kind of money buys you a really sweet pre ban gun.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:26:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure its this.  

Yeah it is all of that price and probably more at Cabelas.  That could buy you a full preban rifle and a lower to go with it to build later
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I went and had a range day with my dad.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:25:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Pretty sure its this.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure its this.  

Oh, the Revolt.  It kinda threw me, talking about a bolt action.  The Revolt is a straight pull rifle.  I saw one of those up at Hoffman's a while back.  Nice rifle, but insanely expensive.  I don't know why either.  It cant possibly cost that much to produce, it is far more AR like then the Troy PAR, and I think it is made from modified standard components.  Unlike the Troy rifle that uses a proprietary upper/lower.  They may be scalping the ban states.  However, if any new ban goes through, it will be far more strict then the last one, and building straight pull rifles may be the only business AR makers have.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Bought a case of boorits and a bcg.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Thank to everyone who participated in F DAN MALLOY DAY!

I think we should have a F CHRIS MURPHY MONTH in July..

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 10:33:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought one of those ammo cans of 9mm ammo at Cabelas.  Didn't need it, not sure when I'm gonna use it, but F-- Dan Malloy.  Money well spent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top