Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/19/2015 8:02:45 PM EDT
Sorry for all the threads. Figured it was easier to do this way.

August 29th shooting at Wooster mountain and drinks at McGuires

Attendees in OP update of this thread

I called Mcguires and they don't take reservations, even for a large group. They suggested someone getting there 20 - 30 min early to put our name in. She said that was early and we shouldn't have a problem. I'll leave that up to someone who only plans to go for drinks. Any volunteers?

As far as schedule, I was planning on getting to Wooster between 2 and 2:30. 5pm drinks start at Mcguires. That allows for a little overlap for people doing both.

Wooster doesn't allow public shooting until noon on Saturdays and it closes at 5pm.

I'll call Wooster tomorrow and find out about getting some tables together.

Does anyone have any MAJOR problems with that schedule?

What time are you planning on arriving at Wooster for those that are going? Feel free to share what you plan on bringing similar to the other thread.

I look forward to see everyone.

ETA:  I plan on brining (I'm only listing in case people want to try) :
LWRC rifles in 556 and 762
9mm GLOCKS
Surefire SOCOM suppressors
Aimpoint COMPM4S, Micro T-2, and Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x
Opsrey9 suppressor
Maybe Benelli M4

LAST UPDATE:
For those that won't read my last post at the bottom. I plan on arriving at Wooster no later than 2pm. I'm late 30s and I will be wearing a black ARFCOM hat.

I'm extremely disappointed because I am not going to be able to make it for drinks. My family had something come up and I am not be able to get out of it. The tally had 15 coming for drinks so hopefully, I'm the only one who drops out. It will be a good time for sure.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh, so we ARE doing McGuire's?

I know the guys there. It won't be an issue. I've already spoken to them about it a few nights ago, while grabbing appetizers and drinks with some friends. They said they likely won't be busy at that hour. They start filling up around 8 on Saturdays.

I'll get there early. I won't have a problem with that.

And our realtor will be doing the open house on the 30th now, so if you guys still feel the desire to stash your shit inside a house, rather than a locked car, I'm only a mile away. But I seriously don't think there'll be anything to worry about. It's a safe spot.

I'll show up to Wooster around 12:30 to 1.

Not bringing anything special. My AR, my 300 Blackout and one or two handguns.

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh, so we ARE doing McGuire's?

I know the guys there. It won't be an issue. I've already spoken to them about it a few nights ago, while grabbing appetizers and drinks with some friends. They said they likely won't be busy at that hour. They start filling up around 8 on Saturdays.

I'll get there early. I won't have a problem with that.

And our realtor will be doing the open house on the 30th now, so if you guys still feel the desire to stash your shit inside a house, rather than a locked car, I'm only a mile away. But I seriously don't think there'll be anything to worry about. It's a safe spot.

I'll show up to Wooster around 12:30 to 1.

Not bringing anything special. My AR, my 300 Blackout and one or two handguns.

View Quote

Of course it is safe. Connecticut made it illegal for bad guys to have guns.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#3]
BRING THE BENELLI! I wanna try it
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:32:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll try to get to the range by 12 or 1230.

I'll bring the .50 and probably an AR and ump clone.

I'd like to try the saw mag but if I remember correctly rapidfire magdumps are frowned upon
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll try to get to the range by 12 or 1230.

I'll bring the .50 and probably an AR and ump clone.

I'd like to try the saw mag but if I remember correctly rapidfire magdumps are frowned upon
View Quote

The rules say "uncontrolled" rapid fire.

Info on your 50?
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#6]
An m95 with a night force 50 mm scope
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:13:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Will do. I don't have pistol grip on it to make it CT compliant but it is still fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 4:55:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Will do. I don't have pistol grip on it to make it CT compliant but it is still fun to shoot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, you didn't register it?
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 1:47:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Is anyone bringing their female SO or is the all guys like the last meet up?
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think this was discussed in the first thread? Pretty sure it's suppose to be a giant sausagefest per CTHTF SOP
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 3:20:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I think this was discussed in the first thread? Pretty sure it's suppose to be a giant sausagefest per CTHTF SOP
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well my wife is going to drop me off and pick me up so she will make an appearance.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

There were female SOs at the one in Hartford.

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I was non-resident at the deadline and scrambling as I knew I was moving up. Never even occurred to me to check on shotguns.

ETA:  I changed out the mag tube to add capacity and added 922(r) compliant parts which meant I had to take the pistol grip off in CT. I decided I'll rather have extra capacity more than Pistol grip.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No I was non-resident at the deadline and scrambling as I knew I was moving up. Never even occurred to me to check on shotguns.

ETA:  I changed out the mag tube to add capacity and added 922(r) compliant parts which meant I had to take the pistol grip off in CT. I decided I'll rather have extra capacity more than Pistol grip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cause more ammo equals more ammo
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 7:00:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

More ammo > more grip
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 7:52:26 AM EDT
[#16]
fuck it run both. you can still find pistol grip semi auto shotguns with extended mags  at shops here as they still dont understand the law
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
fuck it run both. you can still find pistol grip semi auto shotguns with extended mags  at shops here as they still dont understand the law
View Quote

HAHAHAHA.  

In before JAD and Sbhaven post walls of text with no answers.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

HAHAHAHA.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HAHAHAHA.  

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#19]
FUCK DICKS but I will be neckbearding in their Saturday before the shoot to top off, give me luck tho I sport a full beard

just down the road from range
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

HAHAHAHA.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HAHAHAHA.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#21]
This is still on correct?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

ABSOLUTELY.  You just beat me to last post I was going to make. I plan on getting to the range by 2pm at the latest. Maybe earlier. I will be wearing my black ARFCOM hat. I'm late thirties so don't expect a an old guy with an eye patch.

Unfortunately, I've had some bullshit come up last second that I can't miss so that means I will not be able to meet for drinks. I'm disappointed I won't get to meet the guys that aren't shooting. My compromise on the home front was shooting and home earlier than I wanted.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the range. To everyone else, I look forward to meeting you another time.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Any of you degenerates going earlier? I was hoping to be there from like 12:00-2:00 since I have a surprise birthday party in Torington around 4:30 which will keep me from grabbing drinks with you heathens.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a folding table in my truck but have 2 I can bring if needed.

I'm try for 12 or 1230
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

ABSOLUTELY.  You just beat me to last post I was going to make. I plan on getting to the range by 2pm at the latest. Maybe earlier. I will be wearing my black ARFCOM hat. I'm late thirties so don't expect a an old guy with an eye patch.

Unfortunately, I've had some bullshit come up last second that I can't miss so that means I will not be able to meet for drinks. I'm disappointed I won't get to meet the guys that aren't shooting. My compromise on the home front was shooting and home earlier than I wanted.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the range. To everyone else, I look forward to meeting you another time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This Arfcom hat?

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Ok I'm in.  I think Alex22 is coming too, not sure.  

I'll have a state trooper and 2 jeep friends along to play with guns tomorrow.  
One of the jeep guys has never fired anything and wants to try out as many as he can so if you see a guy in a red Clayton off-road shirt show him some cool toys.  

I can also bring a folding table as well.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:42:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This Arfcom hat?

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/sardo_67/6C06609C-131B-45F8-B2CD-D731FEFCD385_zps7daj4oc2.jpg

Ha!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Hey guys I have a big favor to ask if any of you could help out. My gf finally got her carry permit and I got her to come tomorrow. We're looking at several sub compact .380s and 9s, unfortunately none of them I own. If any of your own the following and could bring them to the shoot it'd be really cool! I don't have any super cool guns like some of you but I'll be bringing ammo and the better stuff I own tmmrw and you all are welcome to them.

She's looking at the LC9s, Sig P238, p938, g42 and 43, single stack Kahrs, ect. She's got a thumb that doesn't bend so alot of guns she has trouble with the slide release on. Shield was one of them unfortunately. See y'all tomorrow!

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#29]
anyone still going for after hours?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:01:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hey guys I have a big favor to ask if any of you could help out. My gf finally got her carry permit and I got her to come tomorrow. We're looking at several sub compact .380s and 9s, unfortunately none of them I own. If any of your own the following and could bring them to the shoot it'd be really cool! I don't have any super cool guns like some of you but I'll be bringing ammo and the better stuff I own tmmrw and you all are welcome to them.

She's looking at the LC9s, Sig P238, p938, g42 and 43, single stack Kahrs, ect. She's got a thumb that doesn't bend so alot of guns she has trouble with the slide release on. Shield was one of them unfortunately. See y'all tomorrow!

View Quote

The only 380 I own is a machine gun, this range is all weird and says baaaaaaaad, MGs are baaaaaaaad.  
But feel free to try anything else I have.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:38:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a kahr p380.  Best one out imho.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:55:41 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll be there by 1pm and have a Tactical Night Vision hat on and some cool semi autos to try out.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:18:44 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm sorry I missed this. I had fun at the WH get together. Unfortunately I am out of state and can't make it. Enjoy and I will just have to meet some of you at a later time.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:59:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll bring a glock 43.  See you out there!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Going clamming with my father, can't make it
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#36]
I will not make it today. Too much to do before vacation. I will catch you guys next time when it is closer and during a less busy time of the year.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:01:16 AM EDT
[#37]
I still plan on being there from noon-2ish depending on how many of you goons are there early. I'll be wearing an Article 15 "Try Standing On This Flag" shirt and a Remington baseball cap
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I still plan on being there from noon-2ish depending on how many of you goons are there early. I'll be wearing an Article 15 "Try Standing On This Flag" shirt and a Remington baseball cap
View Quote

Bring AKs
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm on my way I forgot my eyes and ears but I think I could buy some there
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Bring AKs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bring AKs

Norinco AKM/47S and Bulgarian AK74 will be there

Also, I'll bring an extra set of eyes and ears if you need them Leon
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm on my way I forgot my eyes and ears but I think I could buy some there
View Quote

I'll be there around 1:15. I have extra ears but couldn't find the extra eyes. I'll be that guy with the HUGE rolling Stanley box.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bring AKs

Walmart and Dicks had zero 7.62x39 or non-hunting 7.62x54 . Trying to get there by 2.  Edit- you can .Do they let you use clays as targets?

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#43]
You can use clays as targets and I have plenty of 7.62 if you want to shoot the Norinco

Edit: Look for Leon with his M95 Barret. I'm to his right. We're waiting for more of you degenerates.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:03:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Walmart and Dicks had zero 7.62x39 or non-hunting 7.62x54 . Trying to get there by 2.  Edit- you can .Do they let you use clays as targets?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bring AKs

I was just at dicks, they have a lot of Tula 7.62x39. In 40rd boxes actually.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Dealer just called and told me my new car is in which I didn't expect.  Still should be able to pick it up and get to Mcguires though.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bring AKs

If Milford fuck the guy that was helping me.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

You can use clays as targets and I have plenty of 7.62 if you want to shoot the Norinco

Edit: Look for Leon with his M95 Barret. I'm to his right. We're waiting for more of you degenerates.
View Quote

I'm about 40 out, gf is eating ravioli. I haz 5.56 and .22 for trades for the calibers you guys need for you guns. I'm wearing kakhi shorts, blue and grey sneakers, and grey printed T.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Pulled out M4/203/Acog combo...

Fudd like RO comes over.  
He's like what is that.  
M203
(Blank stair)
I give one back
More blank look
Tell him it's a 40mm, it's registered DD
More blank look
Ya know, grenade launcher, don't have any though
More blank look
10sec later...
Ok put it away

And triple taps got me talked to like 10min later.  Double taps are ok because they have a legit tactical reason or something.

25min after that comes up asking us why we have all this stuff and don't come to the carbine matches on Friday

Uhhhh wat?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm in the bar with my wife,  I have a masshole shirt on
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#50]
On way to bar. So thirsty. Range was so hot.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top