View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here is a pre ban lower. A great deal.

I hope this guy chokes on it.

fucking insane . whole rifles are selling for 1200 bucks hahaha

I know. I paid $900 for a never fired pre-ban Colt match H-bar. Small pivot pin lower.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#3]
i imagine he thinks he has something that is very hard to find, when this state is being flooded with them
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#4]
i was going to offer 600
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Lololooolololololololililiillllllilolololololololololollhahahahahagaglolol.

I paid $600 for an identical lower.

Fuck him.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys are missing something though.  It was transferred as other.  At that time E.A.'s were some of the few that were originally sold as a stripped receiver.  That receiver can legally be built into a pistol.  So it's a virgin preban.  Not impossible to find, but certainly rare. Definitely not worth 2k either though.  I paid 650 for my virgin EA a couple days before SH. So just so everyone's clear, it's not your average preban.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You guys are missing something though.  It was transferred as other.  At that time E.A.'s were some of the few that were originally sold as a stripped receiver.  That receiver can legally be built into a pistol.  So it's a virgin preban.  Not impossible to find, but certainly rare. Definitely not worth 2k either though.  I paid 650 for my virgin EA a couple days before SH. So just so everyone's clear, it's not your average preban.
View Quote

ok ill offer 700$
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ok ill offer 700$
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ok ill offer 700$

I had 2 virgins that I sold just after sandyhook - I sold them for $900 apiece
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes worth between $700-900, $1000 at the absolute most.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Any lower that is transferred while stripped will transfer as "other". No matter what it was in the past. Also that lower looks sand blasted, not never assembled.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Any lower that is transferred while stripped will transfer as "other". No matter what it was in the past. Also that lower looks sand blasted, not never assembled.
View Quote

Last part is what I was thinking . No proof
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

A while back I almost got a virgin Palmetto (made by Oly in the 80s) for $350.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
That look is from it being a cast lower. While made by EA, supposedly they were cast in Ruger's Pine Tree casting facility.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That look is from it being a cast lower. While made by EA, supposedly they were cast in Ruger's Pine Tree casting facility.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. Its cast, and has a textured light gray finish.
The proof lies in the fact that it is transferred as other to you.  Carry that with you, and a letter form the owner of E.A. stating the serial number is pre 94, and you can build yourself a pistol AR legally

Like I said, its not worth 2K, not by a long shot, and the guys a fool for asking for that, but it is a much more rare lower than most(virgin preban)  Its 21 years old AT LEAST and never been assembled.

ETA:  I like remlaps response though.  Id rather buy a 500 piece of shit preban lower, SBR it for 200 bucks and have a stock.  Pistols AR's suck(based on actual experience). I dont condone buying a virgin preban to make it a pistol.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#15]

i would never pay 2k for a lower especially that is sandblasted and a virgin....lmfao  this guy must have had a long winter in alaska, and smoke way to much pot and drank way too much booze before he posted this.

id say 8-1k is reasonable.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe....but two guys got time outs already.  Holy shit
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I have an eagle arms lower that was transfered as "other" to me, can I make that a pistol?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have an eagle arms lower that was transfered as "other" to me, can I make that a pistol?
View Quote

If its a pre ban can you?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Under federal law you could make it a pistol if and only if it had never had a shoulder stock attached.
Ct law says that any rifle with a barrel less than 12 inches is a pistol.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Why is everyone getting crazy over the asking price? I mean the asking price is crazy but if someone is willing to pay it then so be it but it's not worth getting a 72 hour timeout...just my .02
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

If its preban and never had a stock put on it by you, and it transferred as other to you then yes you can build it as a pistol.
If its postban but your registered it as an AW in CT, and have never put a stock on it, then yes you can build it as a pistol.

If it is preban, and you somehow had proof that the original purchaser(before 94) originally installed a pistol buffer tube(receiver extension) on the receiver than you could also RE build it as a pistol......But good luck proving that.

That E.A. lower is NOT sandblasted.  Thats what they look like.  This was mine when I got it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If its preban and never had a stock put on it by you, and it transferred as other to you then yes you can build it as a pistol. That is incorrrect!! The receiver can have never had a stock attached!!!!!!!
If its postban but your registered it as an AW in CT, and have never put a stock on it, then yes you can build it as a pistol.

If it is preban, and you somehow had proof that the original purchaser(before 94) originally installed a pistol buffer tube(receiver extension) on the receiver than you could also RE build it as a pistol......But good luck proving that.

That E.A. lower is NOT sandblasted.  Thats what they look like.  This was mine when I got it.
http://i58.tinypic.com/119m8g3.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If its preban and never had a stock put on it by you, and it transferred as other to you then yes you can build it as a pistol. That is incorrrect!! The receiver can have never had a stock attached!!!!!!!

If the receiver ever had a stock installed and you assemble it as a pistol- you are in violation of federal law
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If its preban and never had a stock put on it by you, and it transferred as other to you then yes you can build it as a pistol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, bending but I was being sarcastic. It was stated above that you could build a preban lower from one that was transfered as "other", I was just being a smart ass
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#24]
is it me or does the pivot hole looked worked on?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why is everyone getting crazy over the asking price? I mean the asking price is crazy but if someone is willing to pay it then so be it but it's not worth getting a 72 hour timeout...just my .02
View Quote

people hate capitalism??
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sometimes its worth it. The EE here is built on integrity. 2K for an AR lower is head up the ass so far you're licking intestines crazy and offensive. I would not buy a $100 bill for $10 from that guy.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If the receiver ever had a stock installed and you assemble it as a pistol- you are in violation of federal law
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont really care either way(cause AR pistols are dumb)  but I do want to know for the sake of knowing.....
If you buy a preban receiver, and there is no stock on it when you purchase it, and it transfers to you as other.....then Technically it is a virgin preban.  That DPS form either is checked; handgun, long gun, or other.  If its other, its not the other two, and thats the defense.  No one can prove it was ever built....and your proof that you bought it, not as rifle, is on that form.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I dont really care either way(cause AR pistols are dumb)  but I do want to know for the sake of knowing.....
If you buy a preban receiver, and there is no stock on it when you purchase it, and it transfers to you as other.....then Technically it is a virgin preban.  That DPS form either is checked; handgun, long gun, or other.  If its other, its not the other two, and thats the defense.  No one can prove it was ever built....and your proof that you bought it, not as rifle, is on that form.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are talking apples and oranges with regards to the law.
Federal law says that for a pistol build the receiver can have never had a stock attached.... Ever! In layman's terms, it must be a virgin receiver.
Not sure what ct law says about building an ar pistol other than that it had to be built from a preban receiver and had to comply with federal law( virgin receiver) - the old law had to do with weight and old AWB restrictions.
Ct law also said that any rifle with a barrel less than 12 inches is/was a pistol.
I would not assume that because you bought a receiver that was sold to you as "other" , that you can go ahead a build a pistol. The receiver has to be a virgin receiver and in our case, also a preban.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:21:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Im of the understanding that in order to be considered a virgin receiver, it can not have been barrelled.

If you buy a complete lower (as "other", rightfully so, as it is not yet a rifle), stock or not, and never had an upper with a rifle length barrel on it; you can remove the stock and apply a pistol tube, and then a pistol barrell lengthed upper on it and be legal.

It is transferred as "other" because it is not a rifle, and thusly, makeable into a pistol.

Thats just my understanding, and Im not good at deciphering law.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#30]
It got locked up.......
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:38:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Bikerman got spanked. So yesterday we had almost as many banned members as live members.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:04:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Indeed.....it was epic as far as Internet epic stuff goes.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Im of the understanding that in order to be considered a virgin receiver, it can not have been barrelled.

If you buy a complete lower (as "other", rightfully so, as it is not yet a rifle), stock or not, and never had an upper with a rifle length barrel on it; you can remove the stock and apply a pistol tube, and then a pistol barrell lengthed upper on it and be legal.

It is transferred as "other" because it is not a rifle, and thusly, makeable into a pistol.

View Quote

I have explained it a few times.... And some are still struggling!
You can not legally take a receiver that has had a stock on it, remove the stock, and lawfully build it into a pistol! Simple I would think
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#34]
But what if you bought said lower without a stock on it but only pistol grip?? How are you supposed to know it had a rifle stock or pistol tube on it

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

But what if you bought said lower without a stock on it but only pistol grip?? How are you supposed to know it had a rifle stock or pistol tube on it

View Quote
You don't know hence you should never ever build a pistol AR unless you are purchasing a brand new virgin stripped lower from a company.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

ATF has interpreted complete lowers (lower with buttstock) to be configurable as a pistol without being an SBR, as long it was not previously built as a rifle (i.e. was not equipped with a barrel).
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You can not legally take a receiver that has had a stock on it, remove the stock, and lawfully build it into a pistol! Simple I would think
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are going to have to agree to disagree.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:28:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

ATF has interpreted complete lowers (lower with buttstock) to be configurable as a pistol without being an SBR, as long it was not previously built as a rifle (i.e. was not equipped with a barrel).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

. . . . . Until enough people write in asking if they are sure . . .
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Sometimes its worth it. The EE here is built on integrity. 2K for an AR lower is head up the ass so far you're licking intestines crazy and offensive. I would not buy a $100 bill for $10 from that guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Integrity has nothing to do with the asking price,he can ask for whatever he wants to for his property. You as the buyer can choose not to buy it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:49:47 AM EDT
[#40]
HAHAHAHAHAH. OMG OMG OMG OMG ITS...... AN "OTHER".   Well no shit it's going to transfer to you from the FFL as an "other".  Make a pistol if you want, no ones going to know unless you're retarded and go around telling everyone it wasn't.    

Errrrry one needs to calm their tits.  That OP was an idiot, clearly you ask high and then come down to what you really want, making the buyer "feel" like he got a better deal.  I fish a lot with pre-bans on pricing some times but not that far, meh if he's still wondering why he won't sell in 6montns maybe he'll come down.  

I'll Im him a $250 offer hahah.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's actually prudent to seek FTB clarification if your intention is to do some that can be misconstrued. Letters to others have zero value aside from providing a portal to the institution's thinking at a given point in time (which can be valuable). A letter individually addressed to you can have some value in a legal situation. I have sought FTB letters in the past and may in the future. My most recent one took about 2 months. (That said, my opinion is that there is a good way to go about doing it and a bad way)
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Welcome back!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basically this too.  Shits mostly legal so people have to ask the ATF the same question 5,000 times so they just say ok fine, it's not legal.  Give us $200.

Look at the Sig brace.  Everyone fucked that up
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

can't leave shit alone  

Basically this too.  Shits mostly legal so people have to ask the ATF the same question 5,000 times so they just say ok fine, it's not legal.  Give us $200.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

can't leave shit alone  

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Welcome back!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome back!

it was worth it
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Welcome back Bikerman!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Welcome back Bikerman!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd say the intricacies of pistol builds on virgin lowers has been pretty well hammered out over the past decade through tons of letters. It was pretty beat to death and nothing happened. Sig brace was a little different in intent and that's why they waffled. Not that they have any justification.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:03:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Barrel installation does not make it a rifle, the installation of a stock makes it a rifle as per ATFs dfinition of what a rifle is.

18 U.S.C. § 921 (a)(7) And 27 CFR § 478.11
Rifle
The term "RIFLE" means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed metallic cartridge to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.

If a stock has been installed its a rifle

Pistol can have any length barrel.. So installing a barrel on a Virgin receiver would not change anything about receiver
Once a stock has been installed, it's a rifle and can't be made into pistol without nfa
Pistol can be made from receiver that has never had a stock
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top