Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2015 8:56:37 AM EDT
Ok, you've got momentum.  You've got oodles of talent and you have your opponent on the ropes.  You're literally on the 1" line and all that has to happen is your 350 center has to fall forward onto the endzone for a cool 6 points.  What do you do?  You play the Republican role and become uber conservative with your play calling, even in this championship game, and decide that, rather than go for the gold and take the win, you opt to, instead, back up and only take 3 points in the easiest field-goal attempt in football history.  Of course you make that but.....in the end........you lose.  You may have won that little skirmish early on but you could have had an extra 4 points that would have negated any chance of a tie later on and a loss in overtime.  

Change that one, single play early in the game and play the entire game precisely the same and you win........you don't lose to an inferior opponent.  This is NOT Monday morning quarterbacking, either.  I was on the floor apoplectic that they didn't go for the jugular.  If they HAD missed the score, at least your opponent would have been buried in his endzone at the very least.   See, that's what happens when you don't play to win.

Sorry, Green Bay.  I'm a Giant's fan and would have loved to have seen a GB/Patriots game. Now it's going to be a bore.

Rome
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would have loved for the colts to beat the patriots. Oh well.  Maybe the giants can do it next year.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I was real surprised at the play calls too, late in the fourth, especially after Richard Sherman got hurt. I would have been going at him every play.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#4]
5 field goals

There were more than a few questionable plays in that game.

3 and 19 only rush 3
Interception with five guys and blocking in between you and a TD. Fall down.
2 point conversion Hail Mary just watch the guy catch it.

No balls you lose.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#5]
That interception and lay-down also flummoxed me.  If there was 47 seconds left, ok.  But there was a lot of time and if that player had run for another 20+ yards your chances to score improve.  

Seems to me that Greenbay was just overconfident about their management of the game.  Rodgers looked extremely serene, not even breaking a sweat everytime there was a close-up.  That "12th man" didn't affect him at all it would appear.  But he really let that game get away from him.  IT was GBs game to lose, that is for sure.

Rome
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#6]
That game was the very reason I watch football, it was EPIC. Insta-classic.

I was rooting for the Seahawks, for no other reason than Marshawn Lynch is one of my absolute favorite players in the game right now. The guy is the epitome of a gangster. Not the new age flashy gangster bullshit, but an as real as they come no frills gangster. No celebrations in the endzone, instead he shakes his linemans hands and maybe gives out a yell. No dancing and putting on a show. His back is royally fucked, but he never ever complains. He doesn't even do the silly bullshit drawing out time on the ground when he gets hit, no matter how hard. He gets tackled and he gets right the fuck back up, no delay, back into the huddle. No bullshit, won't even talk to the media, never stops churning his legs, always falls forward, 100% reliable pure fucking awesome-ness.

I hope he goes to Oakland next year. Its where he is from and its where he would play if he had a choice. It would just be a blast to watch him carry that team to a Superbowl in . . . how many years?

So while rooting for Seattle, I had a different perspective. It was certainly GB's game to lose, no doubt about it. But I witnessed what happens when you do not give up, when you do not surrender, and you play till the very last second, with every last ounce of energy and wit you have. The best kind of victory. A knocked down, beat up, come from behind against all odds in not nearly enough time victory.

Seattle would do well to remember what they learned in this game, and what they've known all along but for some reason ignored all season. Give the ball to Marshawn Lynch. Don't fuck around, don't pretend you have anything else going for you. Give the ball to Lynch and let the game come to you.

All that shit aside. GO GIANTS!!!!!! and gawd I hope the pats lose.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I was rooting for the Seahawks, for no other reason than Marshawn Lynch is one of my absolute favorite players in the game right now. The guy is the epitome of a gangster. Not the new age flashy gangster bullshit, but an as real as they come no frills gangster. No celebrations in the endzone, instead he shakes his linemans hands and maybe gives out a yell. No dancing and putting on a show. His back is royally fucked, but he never ever complains. He doesn't even do the silly bullshit drawing out time on the ground when he gets hit, no matter how hard. He gets tackled and he gets right the fuck back up, no delay, back into the huddle. No bullshit, won't even talk to the media, never stops churning his legs, always falls forward, 100% reliable pure fucking awesome-ness.

I hope he goes to Oakland next year. Its where he is from and its where he would play if he had a choice. It would just be a blast to watch him carry that team to a Superbowl in . . . how many years?

So while rooting for Seattle, I had a different perspective. It was certainly GB's game to lose, no doubt about it. But I witnessed what happens when you do not give up, when you do not surrender, and you play till the very last second, with every last ounce of energy and wit you have. The best kind of victory. A knocked down, beat up, come from behind against all odds in not nearly enough time victory.

Seattle would do well to remember what they learned in this game, and what they've known all along but for some reason ignored all season. Give the ball to Marshawn Lynch. Don't fuck around, don't pretend you have anything else going for you. Give the ball to Lynch and let the game come to you.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/v/t1.0-9/540412_10155068151885317_776800171489803837_n.jpg?oh=630bb05362cfc4054de8c4cb98067177&oe=55267B7D&__gda__=1429261380_e87f878fb1ab3b65c7c00d930f39fac4

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Good thing I'm not a pats fan
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#10]
go pats
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:11:39 PM EDT
[#11]
OH MY!  I can not thank you enough for those great "posters" that have now been shared with the pats boys around here via the 'net.  I suspect that I'll be cleaning eggs off my van tomorrow.  Oh well.....it would be worth it 10 times over.  Those are precious!!

Rome
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/v/t1.0-9/540412_10155068151885317_776800171489803837_n.jpg?oh=630bb05362cfc4054de8c4cb98067177&oe=55267B7D&__gda__=1429261380_e87f878fb1ab3b65c7c00d930f39fac4

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/slow-your-roll-the-giants-still-suck.png

We prefer, "suck again". Hahaha
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:57:14 AM EDT
[#13]
The end result is have to go with the Pats

It will kills for a while

But I'm usually the angel of death so...

But they rolled the Colts
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:24:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The end result is have to go with the Pats

It will kills for a while

But I'm usually the angel of death so...

But they rolled the Colts
View Quote

colts weren't THAT good this year. few other teams beat the shit outa them
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:54:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm expecting a similar result in the score in the superbowl.  Seattle is just going to be on the ropes.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:20:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm expecting a similar result in the score in the superbowl.  Seattle is just going to be on the ropes.
View Quote

no way . we thought that last year and look what happened to Denver
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Its gonna be a good game for sure.

Errr, it better be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top