Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2014 9:03:13 PM EDT
Had the day off, went to Hoffmans to buy my new Ruger SR1911.  I have been putting a few bucks away every week for the past year and it was time.  I was surprised on a Friday at noon, the place was packed.  Like, don't people have to work?  Plenty of people in there buying guns.  I know CSB, but it was so much better than a day at work!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:15:42 PM EDT
[#1]
where the picks of the firearm dude? Skipping work to buy a firearm is always a good ay
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like parking sucked.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

And yes pics!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes parking sucked, everybody at the counter was busy, I had to wait about a half hour to get waited on, but, it was still better than a day at work !
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:36:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Beat me to it.......
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:45:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes parking sucked, everybody at the counter was busy, I had to wait about a half hour to get waited on, but, it was still better than a day at work !
View Quote

Nice purchase. I can't wait to get a 1911.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:48:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#9]
It irratates the hell out of me when I go in there and get a couple of items to purchase ,there is about 7 cash registers in the joint with 7 of the 18 salesmen in there talking to customers or doing paperwork . This leaves about 9 employees standing around talking about whatever sporting event was on the TV last weekend and I can't get anyone to take my money.

Maybe the parking lot wouldn't always be a mess if they waited on customers who wanted to pay and get the hell out of there

I wish they would dedicate one cash register to non gun sales and chain somebody to it so a person could actually buy something
No matter where in the store I wind up when trying to check out the only cash register that somebody is at is on the far side of the counter and when I walk all around that person is somewhere else doing something other than ringing.

Did I say I am not a fan?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:20:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It irratates the hell out of me when I go in there and get a couple of items to purchase ,there is about 7 cash registers in the joint with 7 of the 18 salesmen in there talking to customers or doing paperwork . This leaves about 9 employees standing around talking about whatever sporting event was on the TV last weekend and I can't get anyone to take my money.

Maybe the parking lot wouldn't always be a mess if they waited on customers who wanted to pay and get the hell out of there

I wish they would dedicate one cash register to non gun sales and chain somebody to it so a person could actually buy something
No matter where in the store I wind up when trying to check out the only cash register that somebody is at is on the far side of the counter and when I walk all around that person is somewhere else doing something other than ringing.

Did I say I am not a fan?
View Quote

Beside the rude and obnoxious sales people the store just has the worst customer service ever. Being ignored is par for the course. I have given up even going there. I tried 4 or 5 times to buy something there. Twice for firearms. Never got anyone to wait on me. After nearly 30 mins I walked out. A few times for ammo or powder. I ended up just leaving it on the counter and walking out. The prices are not that great from what I could see and since the service is non-existant I will spend my money at places that deserve it. So far Delta and Freedom shoppe otherwise I shop online.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:28:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Drop the hammer in Goshen is the anti Hoffmans. But they had a nice selection and nice AR parts and accessories. Besides a huge stash of 50 round boxes of federal HST in 9/40/45. Even some +p, that I haven't seen I about a year locally.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:38:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Drop the hammer in Goshen is the anti Hoffmans. But they had a nice selection and nice AR parts and accessories. Besides a huge stash of 50 round boxes of federal HST in 9/40/45. Even some +p, that I haven't seen I about a year locally.
View Quote

Where the heck is Drop the hammer in Goshen and what do they have there?  I take rides up that way every now and then just to get away.  Maybe we can start a list of all the gun store alternatives to Hoffman in the state?  It's not like it used to be when I was a kid.  There was a sports shop/gun store in practically every town.  Not anymore.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Rt 4.

I take 63 north to the rotary, rt 4 to the left. On the left.

Its a nice little shop.  Lots of quality stuff, good ammo.

By good I mean HST, flitecontrol buckshot,  mk262, that kinda stuff.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:47:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Rt 4.

View Quote

On your way there stop at Autumn Gunworks, it's before Drop the Hammer. They have a good supply of reloading products and used pistols, rifles
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Usually do!
Quoted:

On your way there stop at Autumn Gunworks, it's before Drop the Hammer. They have a good supply of reloading products and used pistols, rifles
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rt 4.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I am not making any decisions about going to Hoffman's until Matthardcore's report.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I am not making any decisions about going to Hoffman's until Matthardcore's report.

View Quote
What happened to that guy??

Haven't seen him posting recently.

Glock#1
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

To the best of my limited knowledge, Mr Hardcore has been terminated. He is only alive in our hearts and  hacked passwords....
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

To the best of my limited knowledge, Mr Hardcore has been terminated. He is only alive in our hearts and  hacked passwords....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Matt was Dantsx, Dantsx was Matt....he was outted in GD by Norcal because of his views on certain seafood items. Do the math

Link to ban hammer
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is not terminated.  He is tied to a chair for the moment, but I am working to bring him into the light of freedom and safety.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-OviftusB8[/youtube]

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

He is not terminated.  He is tied to a chair for the moment, but I am working to bring him into the light of freedom and safety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-OviftusB8

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-OviftusB8

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:38:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I think we're a little off topic at this point  
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

The CTHTF is normally off topic in 2 or 3 posts... Glock #1... Dildos.... FDM....Whatever. The parking must have sucked bad today at Hoffmans.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:41:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The CTHTF is normally off topic in 2 or 3 posts... Glock #1... Dildos.... FDM....Whatever. The parking must have sucked bad today at Hoffmans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet the parking sucked as bad as NorCal's dry seafood. Adequate parking and humidity control on a raw bar are key to a successfully shabang.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:14:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Lighten up everyone.  In two months Malloy and his cock suckers are coming for us again.

Personally I enjoyed Matthardcore and miss his banter.

In the meantime y'all can giggle about dildoes while lubing up yer assholes for Malloy and Looney in January.

Merry fucking Christmas.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:15:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stopped in today and it was a mad house Did not buy anything, fingered a couple of Mossberg 590A1's, next purchase. Funny, first time finding a parking spot right next to the door
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:25:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Stopped in today and it was a mad house Did not buy anything, fingered a couple of Mossberg 590A1's, next purchase. Funny, first time finding a parking spot right next to the door
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to have paid your mag tax and have a state cripple permit to park near the door.  Next year Beth Bye will require you have a homo permit too.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:44:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Lighten up everyone.  In two months Malloy and his cock suckers are coming for us again.

In the meantime y'all can giggle about dildoes while lubing up yer assholes for Malloy and Looney in January.

Merry fucking Christmas.
View Quote

I don't give a rats ass what else they do. I'm playin' stupid here on out.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#29]
We were going to go last night but my wife decided to go home. Looks like I'll attempt them and NGX myself on sunday. Glockenspiel fingerings didn't happen at cables last night
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

+1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Merry fucking Christmas.

+1

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:37:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Merry fucking Christmas.

You must have read about the 92 year old man who was trying to go through airport security with his 38 special this week How did that get there, lol
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You must have read about the 92 year old man who was trying to go through airport security with his 38 special this week How did that get there, lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Merry fucking Christmas.

I'll be 53 in 2 weeks. and I carry a 38 spl most of the time, so yea, I'll just play stupid from here on out (like he did). What are they going to do lock us all up?
Besides, look at all the riots and protests thru out the country. These thugs stop traffic and burn down stuff. The police can't stop them, so are they going to stop  several thousand "stupid" gun owners who can't make heads or tails with all the new laws in acted weekly?

Oh, did I need to re register that again? gee I must of missed that in the news, sorry..... Oh did I need to pay a tax on that, gee I must of missed that on the news too. Playing stupid works.

Plan B - If the going gets too tough, I'll just move my stuff out of state (me included).
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'll be 53 in 2 weeks. and I carry a 38 spl most of the time, so yea, I'll just play stupid from here on out (like he did). What are they going to do lock us all up?
Besides, look at all the riots and protests thru out the country. These thugs stop traffic and burn down stuff. The police can't stop them, so are they going to stop  several thousand "stupid" gun owners who can't make heads or tails with all the new laws in acted weekly?

Oh, did I need to re register that again? gee I must of missed that in the news, sorry..... Oh did I need to pay a tax on that, gee I must of missed that on the news too. Playing stupid works.

Plan B - If the going gets too tough, I'll just move my stuff out of state (me included).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Merry fucking Christmas.

Pain, I am with you. Turned 50 this year. The last "registration" in 1994 I skipped it. My previously illegal guns were made legal again. This time around I have registered everything that needs to be registered and declared my magazines.

Next time around I think I will just play dumb. Tired of the BS.

I am working on moving my stuff out of state. By "my stuff" I mean my furniture, tools, clothes, and family. I am so done with this shit hole CT has turned into. The entire country went Red and this state re-elected the worst governor in the country.

I hope to be gone in 2-5 years. Just need to finish some projects on the house. I have been selling, donating and throwing out stuff preparing for a move. Now I just need a job to open somewhere south and I am gone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top