Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2014 9:41:02 AM EDT
Anyone have info on this? I'm at work and can't make use of the net based "scanner" tools and such. The only thing I've found in the media is that it's happening.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:44:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#2]
ELLINGTON — State police have called in their SWAT team to assist with a standoff at a Crane Road home.

A man in the home has threatened suicide. He has at least one firearm, police said.

Police were called to the home shortly after 6 a.m. by an ex-girlfriend.

Crane Road is closed in the area of the standoff, and school buses have been told to avoid the area.

State police said there is no threat to the public.

The man's former girlfriend ask state police to go to the man's home to check on his well-being after he sent text messages that concerned her, police said.

Here's where I read that

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Put down that gun sir. There's no need to take your own life.

We're here to help you.

Put down that gun or I'll shoot you.

We're here to help you.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Get ready for the BS headlines about how guns cause suicide
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Funny how rate of suicide is almost equal between culturally similar US and UK and is close to 2x higher in Japan.  Guns don't appear to be a significant determinant.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Funny how rate of suicide is almost equal between culturally similar US and UK and is close to 2x higher in Japan.  Guns don't appear to be a significant determinant.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well of course its higher in Japan....they have more honor than us in the U.S.

We have a lot of people here (in this country that is) that should off themselves.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#7]
BAN THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
BAN THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE!
View Quote

I think they are spending a few million dollars on some system of nets to stop people jumping into San Francisco Bay from the bridge.  

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I was wondering about this, saw 4 different state cops buzzing through Ellington and Vernon between 8:00 and 8:15 this AM.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top