BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#1]
RIP

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I had an asshole almost run one of our LMTVs off the road in Old Saybrook on 95 coming back from Fort Dix last year. Shithead in a Honda cut off our truck and thank god we had a good driver but we had to run off the road to avoid smashing into all sorts of traffic. Fucking civilian drivers have no idea how to drive around military vehicles and now people died. If this accident went down the way I think it did, I hope the fucking driver of that car with the crushed up hood ends up in prison for manslaughter.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:18:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I never understood how it was so tough for people. Do not get between vehicles in the convoy. Do not tailgate or pull in right in front of one, which is always true regardless of the type of vehicle or who is driving. If approaching an interchange, watch the lead vehicle to see which way they're going to go so you aren't in the way, since they're basically a giant slinky.
I treat groups of tractor trailers the same way, except you can generally assume the civilian truck driver is more experienced due to the age difference.
It never hurts to also give them a bit more room in the lane. A lot of military vehicles are pretty damn wide and don't track that well. A little wandering in their lane isn't uncommon and it would suck to be too close when a gust of wind pushed a 5 ton to the side at the same time the slop in the steering wiggled that direction.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 7:35:34 AM EDT
[#4]
March speed is normaly way below posted speed limits

I recall convoy speed was 50 mph

No reason to get caught up in it

Damn shame and avoidable
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 7:43:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
March speed is normaly way below posted speed limits

I recall convoy speed was 50 mph

No reason to get caught up in it

Damn shame and avoidable
View Quote

At that fucking exit is a free for all

cars come flying down center lane then bully themselves over to get on 287

I'm sorry that is one reason I tail gate. I hate weavers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top