Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2014 6:38:49 AM EDT
I went to my first one of these on Friday and really enjoyed it.  Everyone I met and watched shoot was really squared away and it made for a fun afternoon.  The ROs did a really nice job as well.

It's not the easiest thing to squeeze into your schedule given these are held on Friday's at 4:30pm, but I would recommend giving it a try if you ever find yourself free one summer Friday.

More details on the WMCC facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=433741580096412&set=a.320083568128881.1073741832.157435964393643&type=1

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey I was there also. This is my first season there been to all 4 matches so far, well run and a good bunch of guys.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Very cool.  What is an example course of fire and how is scoring done?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very cool.  What is an example course of fire and how is scoring done?
View Quote

This recent event was in the "Level 1" category so it was relatively basic.

Load 3 magazines, 10rds, 10rds, 15rds.  At the beep, run to barricade 1, load gun, shoot 5 shots strong side, 5 shots support side at a small steel plate 40-ish yards away.

Show clear, and move to barricade 2, load gun.  5 shots from each side and scored based on accuracy (25-30yds away)  

Reload, 5 shots of cover fire into berm while moving to barricade 3.  Then 10 shots from kneeling onto a paper target (same distance, 10 pts, for 10 ring, 9 pts for 9 ring, etc).

Dont' remember the other details, but there was a 45 second cap and you were penalized in steps if you went over time.

Sounds like the level 2 events have more physical exertion like flipping tires, dragging dummies, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top