Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2014 3:20:54 AM EDT
even they wonder how McKinney will do.

http://touch.courant.com/#section/2225/article/p2p-79027098/

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:52:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Gun rights activists are vehemently opposed to McKinney. We'll find out if their influence in the party matches the volume of their protests. The first chance to see how McKinney stands up in a candidate forum to a barrage of anti-gun control activists comes Friday night in Canterbury. Boughton, McKinney, and Foley will appear with three other Republicans exploring a bid for governor, state Sen. Toni Boucher, Shelton Mayor Mark Lauretti and Joe Visconti of West Hartford.
View Quote

Nice subtle anti rights spin in that opinion piece.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:01:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like foley is gonna fund himself
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:17:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like Foley is gonna fund himself
View Quote

Foley open a small campaign office on route 39 in danbury just across from Jim barbaries
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:36:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to the event in Canterbury.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:50:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Rock on.  Shread the bastard

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:53:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Fuck Malloy and McKinney

GO Visconnti!!!! I just hope he gain some steam at this event in Canterbury. He would be the best to represent the gun guys and gals. It's crazy that they are all RINO but Joe V.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#7]
McKinney is a RINO. PIECE OF DOG DUNG.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:12:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fuck Malloy and McKinney

GO Visconnti!!!! I just hope he gain some steam at this event in Canterbury. He would be the best to represent the gun guys and gals. It's crazy that they are all RINO but Joe V.
View Quote

Visconti may be the best for gun owners but guns generally don't rank high on things most people care about. Only way Visconti gets the nod is if he can connect with people on all the OTHER issues they are concerned about. If all he or any candidate does is make the election about guns it is likely to turn off a large number of voters who we need on our side to get Malloy and other progressives out of office.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:09:14 AM EDT
[#9]
What do you all think of Boughton?  

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#10]
He is a card-carrying member of Bloomberg's Mayors Against Illegal Guns.  I don't think much more needs to be said . . .
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fuck Malloy and McKinney

View Quote

Agreed. I like Visconnti, but honestly the Tea Party affiliation means he has no chance in hell in this state. That said I hope I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

He is a card-carrying member of Bloomberg's Mayors Against Illegal Guns.  I don't think much more needs to be said . . .
View Quote
Well screw him then.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Uh oh

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone have any information regarding this debate?

time?  Place etc

Reading the article it appears to have been last Friday evening the 24th

Would be nice to get the word out to future debates being held.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Which one of you guys is on their RTC and going to the convention?

It's been a long time since I've been to one.  I had to pretty much get snuck in as "somebody's kid".  But the dynamic was interesting and really opened my eyes to how a lot of this shit works.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm on the Putnam RTC.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:36:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm on the Putnam RTC.
View Quote

Roger that, but I'm thinking of someone else.  Maybe I'm thinking about a guy on CTGuntalk.

I gotta reach out here in Columbia.  I don't have my old contacts from Manchester anymore.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Here are the details. This event is this Friday but it is not a debate as noted elsewhere, it is the annual dinner of the Northeast Republicans in Canterbury. Admission is $25 and details are below. Seems like the keynote is about Lincoln and attendees can mix with the GOP gubernatorial hopefuls. It would be nice to have someone there to give them an earful, particularly McKinney and Boucher.

Northeast Republicans 1st Annual Dinner Event
Presents Retired State Supreme Court Chief Justice & Lincoln Scholar~Frank Williams
Discussing Lincoln “A Study of Courage"

Meet Our 2014 Candidates For Governor
Tom Foley
John McKinney
Mark Boughto
Joe Visconti
Toni Boucher
Lieutenant Governor Penny Bacchiochi
Secretary of State Peter Lumaj

Friday January 31, 2014
6-10pm
Wrights Mill Farm
63 Creasy Rd
Canterbury, CT
Donation $25.00
For Tickets to the Event Please Contact Anne Dauphinais 860-634-2102
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top