Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2014 5:29:59 PM EDT
I was thinking of picking up a Huntertown Arms .22 Guardian to use with my .22 conversion kit in my AR.  I also have a Ruger MKII "pre-ban", made in 1982, so I was thinking of getting the barrel threaded.  Can anyone suggest a gunsmith in SW CT to thread the pistol?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Gunsmithing LTD in Southington is one of the best shops around. I'm sure Mitch and the crew would have no problem taking care of that as long as it's legal to do so.

Edit: To clarify I meant as long as they aren't making the pistol or rifle an assault weapon by doing so.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gunsmithing LTD in Southington is one of the best shops around. I'm sure Mitch and the crew would have no problem taking care of that as long as it's legal to do so.

Edit: To clarify I meant as long as they aren't making the pistol or rifle an assault weapon by doing so.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply.  I assume you meant SOUTHPORT for Mitch (unless he has moved!).  The pre-ban language is pretty clear, and the serial number is from 1982 according to Ruger.  So, as long as Mitch is comfortable with it, I should be GTG.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1 for Mitch and his crew.
They did my 22" bbl for me (too big for my lathe) and I must say I couldnt have cut the threads or crown any better.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply.  I assume you meant SOUTHPORT for Mitch (unless he has moved!).  The pre-ban language is pretty clear, and the serial number is from 1982 according to Ruger.  So, as long as Mitch is comfortable with it, I should be GTG.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I may have derped a little haha. He and his crew are top notch and are one of the few shops I trust with my firearms.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Parker Gunsmithing in Danbury threads barrels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top