Link Posted: 1/24/2014 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I need a shit load of those.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow! I want some for my .45acp
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder what pricing will look like per rd...
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#4]
That's just fucking medieval ...
Feed issues?

12 ga.
W
T
F

They will be illegal soon.
Where can we git em?
Bet they ain't cheap

Game changa? Diapa changa.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's just fucking medieval ...
Feed issues?

12 ga.
W
T
F

They will be illegal soon.
Where can we git em?
Bet they ain't cheap

Game changa? Diapa changa.
View Quote

They looked like they fed fine on a 92R and a 18C.

Get brass city to make these.

They still made nice holes in the concrete block.

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll stick with my gold dots thanks
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'll stick with my gold dots thanks
View Quote

Ranger SXT but yeah, I'm sticking with mine too.

I see we've learned nothing from the RCBD blended metal technology fiasco.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Machined copper?

I'd be surprised if they could reach a price point where people would actually buy them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I just saw this on FB too. I think someone said $40/box 20.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 10:30:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I was all meh...then he said twelve gauge slugs.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:05:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Ill stick to the tried-n-true, thanks though.

Maybe after many, many many many ballistic tests, and if it holds up or actually provides any type of advantage over other rounds, Ill consider. But so far, besides its aggressive appearance, I am not impressed with what I've seen.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:30:04 AM EDT
[#12]
They will act much like Glaser safety slugs.  The Glaser safety slug dumps most of it's energy in a few inches and rarely reaches vital organ depth.

This new round has the same qualities, but the tail end stays together to give you the penetration. The last bit that reaches organ depth will be very light in weight, but it's an improvement over the Glaser round.

I want some in 45acp and 38 spl if they produce it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:51:04 AM EDT
[#13]
A shotgun shell makes sense.
Any body seen prices of some of these sabot slugs and 'tactical' shells?

Like $5-$6 a shell
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#14]
you dont have to buy hundreds of these rounds, you only need probably a box per caliber you have, or 2-3  boxes per caliber...you will NEVER shoot them unless your in danger and protecting your life and your familys life. so the cost isnt that bad. well, i take that back, youll shoot 1 mag at the range to see what it can do and how they work. but thats it.

i cant wait for the 12gauge slugs...  i wouldnt need my holesaw kit anymore...
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I would run a mixed bag. This crazy new bullet out the pipe first then standerd stuff that is known to work. Also It's best to shoot a few to test that they shoot OK out of your gun. IE If they don't chamber in your pistol, then find something that does...
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
you dont have to buy hundreds of these rounds, you only need probably a box per caliber you have, or 2-3  boxes per caliber...you will NEVER shoot them unless your in danger and protecting your life and your familys life. so the cost isnt that bad. well, i take that back, youll shoot 1 mag at the range to see what it can do and how they work. but thats it.

View Quote

I wont carry a gun unless I have 500+ rounds through it with the ammo I carry.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

And Ill still never be satisfied.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I usually let the cops do the heavy lifting on testing ammo.

I carry what they carry
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I usually let the cops do the heavy lifting on testing ammo.

I carry what they carry
View Quote

Mount your optics backwards, too?

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:13:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

+1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I carry everyday so I understand wanting reliability, but to assume because you have X amount of rounds through the weapon your less likely to have a problem is ridiculous.  1 round or 5k, no one knows when a failure will occur. To assume any less is putting a false sense of security on the weapon.

I understand it making you FEEL more comfortable, but that in no way makes the firearm know a difference. Thats why they invented back up pieces.

Until youve experienced a catastrophic failure at a critical time, you wont completely agree.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I carry everyday so I understand wanting reliability, but to assume because you have X amount of rounds through the weapon your less likely to have a problem is ridiculous.  1 round or 5k, no one knows when a failure will occur. To assume any less is putting a false sense of security on the weapon.

I understand it making you FEEL more comfortable, but that in no way makes the firearm know a difference. Thats why they invented back up pieces.

Until youve experienced a catastrophic failure at a critical time, you wont completely agree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

No offense, but thats a ridiculous philosophy.

If I fire 1000 of one type of round (round A) out of a gun with 0 failures, and 1000 of a different round (round B) out of the same gun with 7 failures, you can come to a safe hypothesis. Which round would you choose to have ready at a critical time?

I would say out of 1000 rounds, with round A Im seven times less likely to have a failure.

Is a failure still possible? Of course. Is it possible to find a round in which it is less likely? Un-arguably possible.

Of course the firearm won't know a difference. That responsibility falls on the user.

ETA: And this only touches on reliability. Next your going to tell me no round is more accurate than another. That if I "zero" for one round, I've "zero'ed" for all rounds.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:48:22 PM EDT
[#22]
cool but for 87$ a round no thanks
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:20:31 AM EDT
[#23]
I only go to safe places that are protected by gun free signs and have a cell phone i can use to call for help.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:31:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I only go to safe places that are protected by gun free signs and have a cell phone i can use to call for help.
View Quote

That's just the liberal in you talking.
Try to fight the darkside young one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:58:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am with you. I only go to gun free zones. This way if there are criminals in the gun free zone they aren't carrying because it is not allowed. See the gun free zones are working! Plus I can always call the police and I only have to wait 90 minutes for them. I think I will turn in all my guns tomorrow. These laws are working awesome.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:09:01 AM EDT
[#26]
240$ for a box of 20.

Hold on for link to auction
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:10:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#28]
For real?

The stuff is not gold. They will go out of buisness quickly

edit for last post,
People on auction sites are sometimes quite stupid.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:12:31 AM EDT
[#29]
I will buy a few boxes.

I have a box of black talons, I will add to my banned or about to be banned because of looks ammo.

Not for 240 though
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:12:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Fuck them I'm out.

Ill take my HSTs.

And mil spec 00
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:39:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Wait.....  What are they retailing for?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#32]
I'd buy a box when it's in sig and 40 and 12.  You'd never shoot it for fun. You'd shoot it when you need it, for a special occasion, conversation piece. For the money they are worth it. When your defending yourself it's worth the price.  Do they have the heads out? Custom sig rounds would be nice...
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:00:26 AM EDT
[#33]
I'd buy them if they were solid brass
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#34]
I'll take a coping saw and a drill bit to a hollow point myself before I would ever throw away $200+ for a box of gimmick bullets. Cut one of your own bullets, shoot it at something then have a beer and pat yourself on the back. Bonus points if you do it while cranking crazy jungle bongo music to get hyped up like a YouTube video.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Im with sardo and edge......except I carry a rape whistle so I can get the attention of someone with a gun to come and help me.

But in all seriousness Matt...I heard that most cops carry an empty mag in their pistol.....they dont like the weight of a loaded mag.....so what ammo do you carry?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#36]
No mag?? No way. I dont believe it.

Someone's pulling your leg.

I do have friends that are cops and dont wear vests. Bit that's about it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:24:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Im with sardo and edge......except I carry a rape whistle so I can get the attention of someone with a gun to come and help me.

But in all seriousness Matt...I heard that most cops carry an empty mag in their pistol.....they dont like the weight of a loaded mag.....so what ammo do you carry?
View Quote

Already told you

Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top